User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
It sounds like you guys could have used some cookies in Missoula! My husband should have been there. It seems as though he misses it when more than one of the members from this board are in Missoula. Oh well one of these days maybe all of you will meet up.

[b]DD

At least it was a fixable mistake! Not like hitting a light pole! It is always a learning experience.

Glad to see you are getting nice loads with great miles.

Goin Fer It's Wife
I was just telling danske how we should have called you to let you know we were headed thru your area.....that way you could have put some of those great tasting but fatting cookies on a mile marker for us :wink:

yeah, thank goodness it was a fixable mistake and once again another learning experience. no harm, no foul. Hope I can get another good load to follow this one.

BTW, How's GFI doing? I haven't spoken with him in a while.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske
DD was there in the yard Friday night. He helped me reroll my lumber tarps(I had my metal tarp on the load) as I screwed it up at the customer in Baltimore. After that we went out to eat, I did my laundry and off to bed. This morning I had a minor power steering fluid leak fixed and changed 1 drive tire that wasn't holding air(the mechanic found a very small leak at the valve stem).

DD and I drove together today from Missoula to Spokane. He had 2500 lbs on with me at 43,000 lbs. I asked him if he would push me up Lookout and 4th July Passes, and he offered to throw out a chain to pull me. :lol:
You beat me to the punch in posting It was great running ove the hill with you today, makes time fly when you got someone to shoot the shit with. Be safe out here and enjoy your time at home.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey danske,

I wanted to call you but I can not find your number, hopefully you'll read this in time.......be cautious coming across Snoqualmie Pass as it was snowing there this morning. There was not any restrictions at the time I crossed, but the weather channel is predicting 4-5 inches of accumulation over night. Be careful.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Senior Board Member

11/11/07
I did not set my alarm but naturally woke up at about 6am mountain time. I lazily went about my morning routine before hitting the road at 7:30am. I stopped at the TA in North Bend, WA for fuel and decided I would just shut it down here since I am only 30 miles from my customer.

As I crossed over Snoqualmie Pass this morning, the outside temp dropped to 34 degree’s and it started snowing. Luckily it was not sticking. I tuned on the weather channel and there were no restrictions as of yet. They did expect 4-5 inches of accumulation over night and the snow level would be at 3,000 feet.

I hope that if I get reloaded with something heading back in that direction, that the passes will be clear. Not really in the mood to try and remember how to put those darn snow chains on. :?
Old 11-12-2007, 04:04 AM

dont worry about chaining up....by the time you get done fighting them the road wont require them any more......that happened 4 of the 5 times i have chained

besides im not too sure that running around with chains on at 25 mph is really worth it
Old 11-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Senior Board Member

11/12/07
I was at my customers’ 30 minutes before they started to receive and went ahead and checked in. Although I was the only truck making a delivery, I had to wait for a little over 2 hours before they would unload me.

As soon as I called in my empty status, I was assigned a load to pick up in Tacoma, WA with one stop in Momence, IL and the final in Maplesville, RI. Another good run for miles as the total deadhead and loaded will be over 3,100.

I was just mentioning to ‘danske” the other day in Missoula how I have yet to go to the same customer twice. Well this will be the second time that I load at this particular customer in Tacoma. And on the last time, I also had a multiple drop with the final in Maplesville, RI although I do not know for sure at this time if this customer is the same as before.

One more decent load like this last 2 and I’ll catch the monthly mile bonus for sure.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncrider1
dont worry about chaining up....by the time you get done fighting them the road wont require them any more......that happened 4 of the 5 times i have chained

besides im not too sure that running around with chains on at 25 mph is really worth it
That is EXACTLY the type of luck I have......I can just see it now, I spend hours trying to figure out how to get the damn things on, and when I do they lift the restriction :roll:
Old 11-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="devildice"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
It sounds like you guys could have used some cookies in Missoula! My husband should have been there. It seems as though he misses it when more than one of the members from this board are in Missoula. Oh well one of these days maybe all of you will meet up.

I was just telling danske how we should have called you to let you know we were headed thru your area.....that way you could have put some of those great tasting but fatting cookies on a mile marker for us :wink:

yeah, thank goodness it was a fixable mistake and once again another learning experience. no harm, no foul. Hope I can get another good load to follow this one.

BTW, How's GFI doing? I haven't spoken with him in a while.
You and Danske should have given me a call as I had cookie dough waiting to be baked for Dewers but he did not get to stop. So it would not have been a problem to make you guys some of those heart shaped M and M cookies.

Oh well maybe next time!

You sure are getting some great loads! I hope hubby starts getting loads close to 3,000 weekly.

Snowing :shock: I am just not ready yet for winter! It is coming to fast.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-14-2007, 09:17 PM

hey DD, just wanted to say thanks for the support and advise you gave me a whille back. I am out on the road with a trainer and loving it.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyavp
hey DD, just wanted to say thanks for the support and advise you gave me a whille back. I am out on the road with a trainer and loving it.
Glad you are out there and loving it. Where are you currently? I am in Montana and headed towards Rhode Island