User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toytrucker View Post
DD, Over a period of two LOOOONG nights, I managed to read every post in your thread. After lurking on this site, "doing research," for the past few weeks, I registered just so I could thank you for sharing your journey. I agree you are an excellent writer, and I would look forward to reading anything you might write on the subject. Despite your comments to the contrary, I had NO trouble staying wide awake while reading your postings.

Hope you continue to do well. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
thanks for the kind words....however, if you read the entire thread without falling alsleep you might want see a doctor for insominia....lol

p.s. welcome to the board
Old 08-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04 View Post
Hey DD nice to see you still out there!! We are out there too...Bo is pulling multi axle trailers for an outfit in OR...we are having lots of fun and get see lots we didnt get to see before...permits take you on lots of 2 lane roads.
well I'll be darned....good to see you all are still around. I'm doing pretty good myself, coming up on my 5th anniversary in the industry and truckin along!!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Senior Board Member

It's like having your own little fan club huh lol? Good to see yer still alive & kickin
Old 09-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Rookie

Like a lot of others, I stumbled on this thread during my research process and it has made for some interesting reading. I've been skimming through the updates over the past couple weeks while my student chouffers me around the Midwest (I do manage to teach him a few things when I'm not reading). I plan on buying a truck in the not too distant future and you've got me thinking about looking for a flatbed carrier to drive for between now and then. I think I would enjoy the physical work and variety of freight. It's also good to see that Landstar has worked well for you as they're one of the companies I'm thinking about once I get the point of actually purchasing a truck. Thanks for the thread and I hope all is still going well!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyykatt View Post
It's like having your own little fan club huh lol? Good to see yer still alive & kickin
yeppers.....still breathing and believe it or not still having fun out here
Old 09-13-2012, 06:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiFamilyGuy View Post
Like a lot of others, I stumbled on this thread during my research process and it has made for some interesting reading. I've been skimming through the updates over the past couple weeks while my student chouffers me around the Midwest (I do manage to teach him a few things when I'm not reading). I plan on buying a truck in the not too distant future and you've got me thinking about looking for a flatbed carrier to drive for between now and then. I think I would enjoy the physical work and variety of freight. It's also good to see that Landstar has worked well for you as they're one of the companies I'm thinking about once I get the point of actually purchasing a truck. Thanks for the thread and I hope all is still going well!
well ty for the kind words......as you can see i dont get on here nearly as much anymore and update....wish i had a good excuse but truth be told i am just lazy.....lol. i started flatbedding and thats all i've ever done....it has it moments where i just wanna explode in anger/frustration but when everything is done and said i would do anything else!!!
who are you pulling for now?
Old 09-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice View Post
well ty for the kind words......as you can see i dont get on here nearly as much anymore and update....wish i had a good excuse but truth be told i am just lazy.....lol. i started flatbedding and thats all i've ever done....it has it moments where i just wanna explode in anger/frustration but when everything is done and said i would do anything else!!!
who are you pulling for now?
I've been pulling Dollar General loads for US Xpress for the past 6 years. Hand unloading is good exercise and the paycheck is about as good as I've found for a company driver but the trade off is dealing with a dollar store manager on a power trip 3-5 times a day. lol

I noticed you mentioned Michigan in a few of your past updates. Is that a decent area for flatbed freight?
Old 09-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiFamilyGuy View Post
I've been pulling Dollar General loads for US Xpress for the past 6 years. Hand unloading is good exercise and the paycheck is about as good as I've found for a company driver but the trade off is dealing with a dollar store manager on a power trip 3-5 times a day. lol

I noticed you mentioned Michigan in a few of your past updates. Is that a decent area for flatbed freight?
One of the things I enjoy about flatbedding is that 95% of my customers are actually happy to see me. I do run across the occasional "A-hole" but for the most part everyone is friendly.

As for Michican, I haven't been up that way in a while but yes there is a lot of flatbed freight there, however, there are also a lot of flatbeds and therefore the "supply & demand" kicks in and the rates can get a little cheap at times.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:22 PM

devildice, ive just started to read your thred(1 page down). and will injoy reading more, may take a year or two. but when i get to this post it might be nice to see some reflikting on your part. maybe you have and i will come to it as i read but if you havent, maybe your find some time to look over your first few pages and maybe update what you thought as you started and what realty you found leaving shool or your first yr.

ive been in trucking all my life and started driving in 86,im 46 now and things are much diferent today then back in the day. and i would say for the better on the safety side,
Old 09-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Default ouifwy bury

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogBook View Post
devildice, ive just started to read your thred(1 page down). and will injoy reading more, may take a year or two. but when i get to this post it might be nice to see some reflikting on your part. maybe you have and i will come to it as i read but if you havent, maybe your find some time to look over your first few pages and maybe update what you thought as you started and what realty you found leaving shool or your first yr.

ive been in trucking all my life and started driving in 86,im 46 now and things are much diferent today then back in the day. and i would say for the better on the safety side,
thanks and happy reading......i said it before and I'll say it again, this thread should help put you to sleep.....lol.

as for reflecting back....well you know that's a good question. I've only been doing this for 5yrs now so I'm not real sure i have the "experience" to say much. i have had the pleasure and in some cases displeasure to see changes in the industry. i guess the only honest thing i can say is that i have zero regrets getting into the business and buying my own equipment ...