User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Man DD its been a great ride. I remember when I started reading your posts back in 2007....thank you for sharing all or your experiences. When I was doing all of my research your thread was one of the three that I would read regularily and would anticipate each post. I was stoked with I saw you are a fellow Chief, as well! I hope this thread lives a long life as there is so much value in what you've shared over the years. I still have the desire to go trucking, but in typical Jeff Foster fashion I did the total oposite and took a job with Koch Nitrogen in South Dakota May of 2013. I wish you all the best in your new line of work and I tip my Cover to your son! I remember you sharing taking time off to see him in college!

Take care, Brother! Don't be a stranger around here!

R/
Frat
Old 06-28-2014, 07:43 PM
Board Regular

I missed your last post, so I don't know if you ever read this reply. It was great running with at Davis Transport in 2007. Your posting here help me with taking a refresher course at SAGE in CDA, ID and restarting my career at Davis Transport. I haven't seen you in years when we last crossed paths at a truckstop outside El Paso as I had a load headed east and you were headed west.

Take care my friend. May you set your sails to a promising horizon!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:42 PM
Rookie

This was my experience with Jeff Foster Trucking out of Superior WI. The first time "Trainer" they put me with decided he didn't want to train me anymore and we were in Miami FL at the time he told me this. We got up the east coast and the company bought me a bus ticket just to get out of his truck. This is the video of our last exchange together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGdpVoaiXjo The confirmation # for the bus ticket was WRONG! The ticket was for Hagerstown MD. I was in Fredrick MD. SO they had to re-order the ticket. He dropped me at 715am. The bus left at 2:15 pm Thursday the 4th. The depot was closed from 9am until 2pm so I was literally a homeless person on the streets of Fredrick MD for 5 hours. Oh, then on the way home the bus broke down in downtown Chicago!! Nightmare!! Sad thing is, I haven't heard a word from the company, not 1 word! I hope nobody EVER has to go through anything like this. Feel free to PLEASE SHARE THIS VIDEO!!
Old 12-14-2014, 11:24 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Bummer!

I was thrilled to get caught up on this again- your thread has been a fav- until I came to the post that you are all done! Kinda sad, but Im sure it was the right time. Thanks for the great read and enjoy your 'trucking retirement'
Old 03-16-2015, 04:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratsit View Post
Man DD its been a great ride. I remember when I started reading your posts back in 2007....thank you for sharing all or your experiences. When I was doing all of my research your thread was one of the three that I would read regularily and would anticipate each post. I was stoked with I saw you are a fellow Chief, as well! I hope this thread lives a long life as there is so much value in what you've shared over the years. I still have the desire to go trucking, but in typical Jeff Foster fashion I did the total oposite and took a job with Koch Nitrogen in South Dakota May of 2013. I wish you all the best in your new line of work and I tip my Cover to your son! I remember you sharing taking time off to see him in college!

Take care, Brother! Don't be a stranger around here!

R/
Frat
Sorry it took me so long to read your (as well as the others) post.....I appreciate the well wishes and in turn wish you nothing but the best of luck as well.
Its been almost 1 1/2yrs since I "retired" from driving so to speak and believe it or not I miss it. I have contemplated buying another truck and getting back out there but have yet to pull the trigger.........oh, and the son is doing well, long graduated from college, received his commission and is currently trying to be a Navy Helo pilot.....couldnt be more proud!!! :-)
Old 03-16-2015, 04:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske View Post
I missed your last post, so I don't know if you ever read this reply. It was great running with at Davis Transport in 2007. Your posting here help me with taking a refresher course at SAGE in CDA, ID and restarting my career at Davis Transport. I haven't seen you in years when we last crossed paths at a truckstop outside El Paso as I had a load headed east and you were headed west.

Take care my friend. May you set your sails to a promising horizon!
Thanks and best of luck to you....So you're back at Davis? I was up in Missoula a while back delivering some tractor parts to a small outfit. Got to talking to the owner and what not, he said Davis was on the verge of bankruptcy at one point and then some guy from back east came in and bought them out....said it appeared the company was doing much better under the new ownership.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi46 View Post
This was my experience with Jeff Foster Trucking out of Superior WI. The first time "Trainer" they put me with decided he didn't want to train me anymore and we were in Miami FL at the time he told me this. We got up the east coast and the company bought me a bus ticket just to get out of his truck. This is the video of our last exchange together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGdpVoaiXjo The confirmation # for the bus ticket was WRONG! The ticket was for Hagerstown MD. I was in Fredrick MD. SO they had to re-order the ticket. He dropped me at 715am. The bus left at 2:15 pm Thursday the 4th. The depot was closed from 9am until 2pm so I was literally a homeless person on the streets of Fredrick MD for 5 hours. Oh, then on the way home the bus broke down in downtown Chicago!! Nightmare!! Sad thing is, I haven't heard a word from the company, not 1 word! I hope nobody EVER has to go through anything like this. Feel free to PLEASE SHARE THIS VIDEO!!
Jacked up situation but not sure what it has to do with my thread???????
Old 03-16-2015, 05:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyykatt View Post
I was thrilled to get caught up on this again- your thread has been a fav- until I came to the post that you are all done! Kinda sad, but Im sure it was the right time. Thanks for the great read and enjoy your 'trucking retirement'
I am glad you enjoyed it while it lasted....to this day I am surprised that so many did follow it.....lol
Old 03-23-2015, 05:16 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice View Post
Thanks and best of luck to you....So you're back at Davis? I was up in Missoula a while back delivering some tractor parts to a small outfit. Got to talking to the owner and what not, he said Davis was on the verge of bankruptcy at one point and then some guy from back east came in and bought them out....said it appeared the company was doing much better under the new ownership.
No, I haven't returned to Davis. It was a good start to get back into the industry and learn the basic to flatbedding, but I am so glad to have moved on.

Currently, I drive for a small outfit in my hometown with a brand new truck and curtain van. I miss pulling oversize loads and special loads for SPD(Went to work for them after Davis), but I don't miss tarping. Mostly run I-5 on the "left coast", but we have one run going to New Mexico when I do every couple months.

Now that you have retired from trucking and your son is commissioned in the Navy, what keeps you busy down in Texas?
Old 04-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske View Post
Now that you have retired from trucking and your son is commissioned in the Navy, what keeps you busy down in Texas?
I originally tried staying at home to "smell the roses" but after a couple of months I was going bat **** crazy. People have always told me I was a "workaholic" and I just laughed it off.....well I came to the realization that they were right so I've been working in a warehouse at an Electrical Contracting company. HOWEVER....looks like I MIGHT be coming out of "retirement" and sailing the highways again.....