User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
There may not be a federal law, but theres a DOT law that prohibits it. You should see the hassle I go through when my customers are trasnporting guns on my truck!
Cousin I'm a little confused. Last time I checked the Department Of Transportation (DOT) is a Federal Agency.

kc0iv
Old 01-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Senior Board Member

The transportation of firearms is different than carrying 1 gun. When transporting there are regs involved, the same as transporting cigarettes, alcohol, hazmat, etc.

The only time I've had my truck searched was a random inspection when entering Canada. They found cubby holes in my truck that I didn't know existed.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
The transportation of firearms is different than carrying 1 gun. When transporting there are regs involved, the same as transporting cigarettes, alcohol, hazmat, etc.

The only time I've had my truck searched was a random inspection when entering Canada. They found cubby holes in my truck that I didn't know existed.
I'm gonna guess they didn't find crack cocaine in your cubby holes???
Old 01-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Board Regular

i remember that gatoraide place in oakland sucked real bad.some kind of crack head shelter across the alley. hope both places are gone.compton wasnt bad, usually turned out to be industrial park.watched for famous riot corner while bypassing freeway traffic i think we will need guns after we get out of iraq we will have to fight here. i met a driver who shot a man in a truckstop and he said he got his *ss kicked every day in jail waiting for trial.if you take that gun out and you dont use it you are a legit target
Old 01-08-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
There may not be a federal law, but theres a DOT law that prohibits it. You should see the hassle I go through when my customers are trasnporting guns on my truck!
I hope this clears this up once and for all:

http://dms.dot.gov/rspa/2006-08/060165.pdf

CROCS ARE NOT SHOES
Old 01-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper
If your talking to me, yes I am prepared. I was a police officer for 30 years and understand the consequences.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Couch, (on another thread) wants to know if I'm "stereotyping" LEO's!!! :lol: :lol:

You guys "stereotype" yourselves!! Buy some bandaids for your knuckles! EVERY LEO I've ever talked to says that the average citizen "causes" more deadly incidents by carrying a gun! If you're such a bada$$, you shouldn't NEED a gun.

Bumper, I apologize if I've read you wrong.... but I've read and read you so far! Maybe, I even misread that response! But, sometimes you guys just sound like you're LOOKING for a fight! Or a reason to SHOOT someone!!!

I agree with everything Uglymutt said! If you're a WIMP and are afraid of the world.... STAY the **** HOME! If you can carry yourself like a MAN who shouldn't be EF'd with.... as I'm SURE you can.... you don't need a GUN on a truck!

We have enough problems on the Road with the "CB Rambos!" We don't need the REAL ones out here! I don't know WHAT one should do when they retire from the Police Force.... but, I'm not sure TRUCKING is the right choice!

MILITARY is a different animal and situation! These guys have SEEN what firearms do in combat! They, for the most part, are PEACEFUL people.... CONFIDENT, and secure. They have NOTHING to prove to nobody!

But, for some reason, EX-LEO's are ALWAYS out to prove something! It takes a SPECIAL kind of person to be a cop! I'm not saying I'm against y'all. You RISK your lives on your jobs for US.... and I'm not oblivious to that fact. But, so does the military man/woman! But.... there's a difference!

I can't quite put my finger on it.... but, I think it is somehow delineated between PROTECTING us.... and CONTROLLING/POLICING us!!

If you want to be a Trucker.... I wish you well! Really, no hard feelings. But, I think y'all need some kind of DETOX program to make you a "citizen" again, first!

And GROW some HAIR down close to your ears!!! That "buzzcut" ONLY looks good (sic) on a Marine!!!!

Untuck that shirt! Move that belt buckle over to the left an inch! Heck.... quit wearing a belt! And get the starch out of your shirts! LIGHTEN UP!!!

[Okay... now I'm REALLY gonna get "toasted!"] :lol: :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Being a former Army First Sergeant, I understand your post from both sides. All I am saying is that I am going to keep one around for protection. I dont go out looking for trouble, but Im not going to give somebody my truck just because he says so. There was a post in pumpkindriver.com about a driver who got stabbed by a bum because he didnt have any loose change to give him. Now he is cut up and not working because he was broke. B.S.

But no, Im no Rambo. Those days are far behind me. I sit in my truck and laugh at the idiots on the CB...pure entertainment.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper
Being a former Army First Sergeant, I understand your post from both sides. All I am saying is that I am going to keep one around for protection. I dont go out looking for trouble, but Im not going to give somebody my truck just because he says so.
As a "former Senior NCO, US Army- Combat Arms, RVN 68-70", who has been OTR (48 & Canada) since 94'.... I can only tell you that I have never felt the need to have a firearm with me. Its not necessary, and is little more than an extreme liability. I have been in some real ratholes, and every major metro in the country at all hours of the night and day....

Quote:
There was a post in pumpkindriver.com about a driver who got stabbed by a bum because he didnt have any loose change to give him. Now he is cut up and not working because he was broke. B.S.
And there would be a high probability that its possible that he made some grievous errors prior to getting stabbed, and the first was allowing the bum to get within 10' of him. Sounds like he failed to protect his personal space to me....

In my opinion, if you actually believe that you need to carry a gun, then you need to find another occupation other than truck driving. 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Thats why we are all different, we all have our own opinons.

Now I would gladly trade my beretta for a light sabre there master jedi.....
Old 01-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Since there are a couple of threads talking about guns I'll put this here too.............