User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Remember, there are two catagories to this.
Possession in the truck and
Concealed on the body.
As previously stated, each state has there own laws for each situation.
It is confusing, but there are no federal laws that I know that are a blanket against all firearms in all trucks.
But the bug spray idea by the female's is a good one.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:05 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I used to live in the Bay area. I never had any problems in Oakland. One of my Bro's is an Oakland Housing Authority Cop...and he only has his gun drawn maybe 6 or 7 times a night. :roll: yaaaawn. :?

I'm not unaware of the dangers. I've live in many bad neighborhoods, so I'm not just swaggering either. Maybe I am too jaded though.

I will sleep with a gun when I hunt in the mountains. But I also love it when I wake to find large predator tracks on my parimeter. (and I sleep on the ground)hehehe.. 8)

I support gun rights, but there are many ways to protect yourself without a gun...if you are interested. I support your right and decision to carry....I just don't feel the need myself...and I'm comfortable with that.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:11 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog
I used to live in the Bay area. I never had any problems in Oakland. One of my Bro's is an Oakland Housing Authority Cop...and he only has his gun drawn maybe 6 or 7 times a night. :roll: yaaaawn. :?

I'm not unaware of the dangers. I've live in many bad neighborhoods, so I'm not just swaggering either. Maybe I am too jaded though.

I will sleep with a gun when I hunt in the mountains. But I also love it when I wake to find large predator tracks on my parimeter. (and I sleep on the ground)hehehe.. 8)

I support gun rights, but there are many ways to protect yourself without a gun...if you are interested. I support your right and decision to carry....I just don't feel the need myself...and I'm comfortable with that.
Been in some of the nastiest and dangerous areas in this country and never had a problem.

Golden Gate Truck stop was one of em Roadhog and you KNOW that place. If there was anyplace I'd like to have a shotgun under each arm that was the Place.

Also Division and Canal Street area in Houston and the old Roadrunner truck stop in Phoenix.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:19 AM
Senior Board Member

I was up in Oakland area on vacation and stopped at a gas station so the wife could use the bathroom. Shortly after she went in, a couple of locals came over with a pry bar and attempted to open the door. They stopped when I pointed a .45 at them and told them it was time to go on down the road.

Worked for me.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:24 AM
Board Icon

Oakland is really paradise on Earth isn't it :P
Old 01-04-2007, 06:35 AM
Senior Board Member

I am trying to decide if I want to leave Northern Mexico and move to Prescott Arizona next month....or just say the hell with retirement and go back out full time OTR.....
Old 01-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Board Icon

Bumper...go to Prescott to decide.
You know what your decision will be in MuchoMuchosGrande. :lol:
Old 01-04-2007, 03:26 PM

I take none of you gun carrying guys ever come to Canada. If you get a load that requires you to come here you will have to leave you firearm someplace else not in your truck. Here in Canada no one can carry except police and crooks then again there isn't much difference between them lol.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Senior Board Member

I never have had to cross the border, but if I did, I would stop at a local PD on the USA side and ask them to hold my pistol in their arms room until I got back.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Board Icon

I cross the Canadian Border often...and never have had any trouble...but I have heard and experianced the "Attitude Test." Customs will try to "bait" you. I'm serious...you can and will go through a long search process...if you are not careful. If they suspect anything at all...you will get searched.

Especially watch out for those summer Temps...they are very aggressive...and lack the experiance of full-time staff.

* Firearms are strictly controlled and generally are not permitted in Canada. There are forms and circumstances where it is possible to have permission...but it is a very lengthy process carried out long in advance.

While handguns are prohibited, hunting rifles are allowed into Canada with advance permission. Anyone wishing to take a hunting rifle into Canada can contact the nearest Canadian consulate in advance for detailed information. In all cases, travelers must declare any firearms in their possession to Canadian authorities when entering Canada. If a traveler is denied permission to take the firearm into Canada, in some cases there are facilities near the border where firearms may be stored pending the traveler's return to the United States.
For example, in Alberta, the Wy Moberlie Company operates such a facility at duty free shops on the U.S. side of the border. They accept items for storage (including weapons) and either forward these items to the traveler's home address in the United States or store them until the traveler picks the items up upon returning to the United States. Canadian law requires that officials confiscate weapons from individuals crossing the border who deny having such weapons in their possession. Confiscated firearms are virtually never returned and are destroyed. A new firearms act slated to take effect in l998/l999 will include a license and registration requirement through Canada Customs for all guns, including hunting guns, before entering the country. Please check with your nearest Canada Customs office for further information.
* Pepper spray, mace and similar defensive weapons are prohibited under the Criminal Code of Canada. Travelers who declare prohibited weapons are allowed to abandon them or export them without penalty.