User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Apart from all the legal stuff of carrying are you mentally prepared for actually killing someone or are you going to give a bad guy a weapon when he takes it away, because you hadn't really made the decision, and stuffs it up you @$#^. Then you also have to be prepared to serve the jail time after, a thing called excessive force comes into play. Some guy jumps on the tank and says "Give me your money or else" and you blow him away you are going to jail for a long time. Someone stealing from your load or climbing in the cab same thing, even if they have a knife. Ask the driver that was sentenced a couple of month back for shooting someone at the Ontario TA that opened his cab door, serving 15 to 30 for manslaughter
Old 01-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Senior Board Member

If your talking to me, yes I am prepared. I was a police officer for 30 years and understand the consequences.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.

Just to people in general but as an ex office I'm shore you know your "status" has changed. As a cop you had more protection of the law than the average person when it came to that sort of situation. I was a trooper for many years till I decided to join the other side
Old 01-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Default this is going to sound like a sales pitch...

I have a choice of 4 pistols when carrying, and have found that the Kel-Tec P11 makes a great carry gun in the truck for a couple reasons:

9MM is the absolute minimum cartridge I would consider for self defense, stay away from .32, .380, and the like. The P11 is a finicky eater and does not like heavy hollow points. Mine is 100% reliable with Remington UMC 115 grain hollow points. Kel-Tec recently came out with a subcompact single stack, check 'em out. These little guns have quite a loyal following.

http://kel-tec.com/p11.html
    http://kel-tec.com/pf9.html
    http://ktog.org

CROCS ARE NOT SHOES
    Old 01-04-2007, 09:49 PM
    Senior Board Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jims34
    Here in Canada no one can carry except police and crooks then again there isn't much difference between them lol.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 01-04-2007, 09:58 PM
    Senior Board Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walking Eagle
    Apart from all the legal stuff of carrying are you mentally prepared for actually killing someone or are you going to give a bad guy a weapon when he takes it away, because you hadn't really made the decision, and stuffs it up you @$#^. Then you also have to be prepared to serve the jail time after, a thing called excessive force comes into play. Some guy jumps on the tank and says "Give me your money or else" and you blow him away you are going to jail for a long time. Someone stealing from your load or climbing in the cab same thing, even if they have a knife. Ask the driver that was sentenced a couple of month back for shooting someone at the Ontario TA that opened his cab door, serving 15 to 30 for manslaughter
    Not in all states . In california the crooks have more rights than you do.
    Old 01-04-2007, 10:49 PM
    Senior Board Member

we are not lookiing at the big picture here, thieves and murders and rapists plan thier attacks, mostly on people who show fear, if your so affraid of the boogieman then chances are you will put off that fear scent that can be picked up from miles away, I never seen any crimes yet at any truckstop and I see people who see me as the boogieman, I might be tattoo'd like bad biker bob and have a look like I will rip your f#$#$#$ head off if you stare at me, but this is my self defense against the boogieman, people all the time see me walking through the store or the parking lot and they turn and run, hell I am not the boogieman but its fine to me because now I know not to park next too them, I don't want to be around boogieman prey....

stand up and face your fears, think ahead and look around at the big picture, you might notice someone stalking another to plan a attack and I do all te tiime so I tend to wander that way and put them in check, I am brain dead and have no fear of anyone.... no need to be afraid, if someone was going to kill you for your truck, they know you might have a weapon and chances of them suceeding is still 100 to 1 because they know your scare and they play on that, pulling out your weapon might stop a crime but you would only be lucky if you had time to do so.

if your really scared then you are more of a threat to honest people, someone nice turns around wrong or walks to close to your truck and your paranoid brain says SHOOT SHOOT because of this I say stay home lock the doors and peek out the curtains so the boogieman will come to visit you and then your not a threat to anyone else...

but if you must be a big man hiding behind a gun maybe you should be a policeman and go chase the boogieman.... I have had guns pulled on me and I told them to shoot me and what happened , well they changed their mind because I showed I didn't care, took the fun out of their game, if someone was going to shoot you then they would just pull a gun and shoot without thinking about it, so if I was to pull a weapon, I pull the trigger when your in my sights, or else why have one, I prefer the Kimber Eclipse II 10mm semi auto, has all the power I need.

I have a Wasington CPP , its nice to pack but not once have I ever had to kill anyone, so its there just incase I have too no matter what, you shoot first I will shoot back and aim to kill, I don't go around showing everyone I have a big gun, if you see it chances are its the last time you will ever see it.... thats my theory... Just stand tall and don't take crap from anyone, be brave and the boogieman can't smell your fears.... Don,t be a victim, look ahead, you feel soomething is wrong, then chances are they are , leave the scene or change it like i do....

here is some therapy , say over and over

"I AM IN CONTROL, I AM IN CONTROL"

now do you feel better , if not go get some professioinal help.... or go to a self defense class or better yet learn to kill join the army.....
    Old 01-06-2007, 08:27 AM
    Senior Board Member

There may not be a federal law, but theres a DOT law that prohibits it. You should see the hassle I go through when my customers are trasnporting guns on my truck!
    Old 01-06-2007, 08:31 AM
    Senior Board Member

Take a handgin in the city limits of Chicago and see what happens!

Quoting handgun laws for civilians is NOT the same for truckers, so remeber that, unless your standing outside of your truck. Of course, the gun must go IN the truck to get to where you are standing.
    Old 01-06-2007, 11:44 AM
    Rookie

Have you guys ever had law enforcement search your truck???