User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What ever you say boss man.

It seems you can post your B.S. but you cant take it....

Damn man find your sense of humor I was just kidding....

Timberwolf.....
Old 10-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf
What ever you say boss man.

It seems you can post your B.S. but you cant take it....

Damn man find your sense of humor I was just kidding....

Timberwolf.....
Sure I can take it!! Do it all the time....

Bear in mind though, that I'm not the one who nicknamed SLC as "Mormontown; that's been around for over 30 yrs. now, back when "C.B. Mania" took the nation by storm.

As far as what you want to call Knoxville, that's of little concern to me, but I did find SOME humor in it, and I would have found it even more humorous if the "Hillbilly" culture was still around.

What does sadden me is that as a boy growing up in the 60's, the mountainous regions of Appalachia still had a lot of the "Hillbilly Heaven" atmosphere that has, quite sadly, given way to growth, urban sprawl, crowded highways, traffic jams, detours, and commercialization. And, on an even sadder note, the days of the Moonshiners have quite tragically been replaced by street gangs and crystal meth dealers.

I'm back in Texas now, and I can (and DO!!) make fun of Texas or Tennessee as well as anybody!!

I do need to edit my profile, though!! Should have done it a few months ago, just didn't think about it. Thanks for pointing that out!!

Peace!!!

BTW, I didn't mean to vector us off course here. Guess we had best get back on topic!!
Old 10-01-2006, 06:43 PM

Ok Useless here is a little Texas humor for you... I know its not the right forum but what the hell..Survivor: Texas Style

Due to the popularity of the Survivor shows, Texas is planning to do one entitled, "Survivor: Texas Style."
The contestants will all start in Dallas, then drive to Waco, Austin, San Antonio, over to Houston and down to Brownsville. They will then proceed up to Del Rio, El Paso, Midland, Odessa, Lubbock and Amarillo. From there they will go on to Abilene, Fort Worth and finally back to Dallas.

Each will be driving a pink Volvo with bumper stickers that read: "I'm gay, I love the Dixie Chicks, I Boycott Beef, I voted for Al Gore, George Strait Sucks, Kerry in '04, Hillary in 2008, and I'm here to confiscate your guns."

The first one who makes it back to Dallas alive, wins.

It Is What It Is...

Timberwolf
Old 10-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat
"I have never drove a truck before and thought it was simple. UNTIL I have experience driving a truck I cannot say completely." This was an example I used to say that until I have actually done something I cannot have an opinion on it that would be justifiable. I am not saying that trucking is easy. It's called an analogy. So the word of the day for you DesertRat is analogy.

Boy are you in for one heck of a surprise. The people who do their homework, talk to drivers, do background work on carriers, absorb all the information they can and then become a driver, those are the ones that are most likely to succeed in this business.

I did my "homework". I searched for COMPANY DRIVERS that work for CRE and are unhappy. I went to truck stops, rest areas, and the internet.
This is what I found:
CRE has a less than popular lease program.
CRE has a poor reputation especially with drivers that have never worked for them.

Guys like you who go into trucking because you think it will be easy have a shelf life of less than six months.

Guys like me? And what type of guy is that? Educated? You don't know me, NOR have you worked for CRE. So until you have experience with either your opinion is just that... thoughts in your head.
I do have a question.

Why do so many drivers hate CRE but have never worked for them?

How can you judge a company that you have never worked for?
Old 10-01-2006, 07:02 PM

How can you judge a company that you have never worked for?

The same way we all judge our Presidents but have never sat in the oval office.
By the Way our President is an idiot.... Just my opinion...

It is human nature.. We all do it at one time or another...

It Is What It Is..

Timberwolf
Old 10-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf
Ok Useless here is a little Texas humor for you... I know its not the right forum but what the hell..Survivor: Texas Style

Due to the popularity of the Survivor shows, Texas is planning to do one entitled, "Survivor: Texas Style."
The contestants will all start in Dallas, then drive to Waco, Austin, San Antonio, over to Houston and down to Brownsville. They will then proceed up to Del Rio, El Paso, Midland, Odessa, Lubbock and Amarillo. From there they will go on to Abilene, Fort Worth and finally back to Dallas.

Each will be driving a pink Volvo with bumper stickers that read: "I'm gay, I love the Dixie Chicks, I Boycott Beef, I voted for Al Gore, George Strait Sucks, Kerry in '04, Hillary in 2008, and I'm here to confiscate your guns."

The first one who makes it back to Dallas alive, wins.

It Is What It Is...

Timberwolf
Well, that's pretty good, except for your mention of San Antonio. You see, San Antonio is an extremely culturally diverse city.

It is a city where a White guy can go out on a date with a Mexican girl, drive in a Japaneese car to a Chineese restraunt, drink German beer, check into a motel that is owned by Hindus, where they can smoke Columbian weed, and then get busted by a Black cop on the way home!!!
8)

Regarding your mention of Austin, I guess that the producers of "Survivor" have been filming up there for a few years now; oddly enough, those pink Volvos are all over the roads, but never seem to make it outside the city limits.

BTW, you left out the " Proud To Be A Member Of P.E.T.A." bumper stickers.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:32 PM

"I have never drove a truck before and thought it was simple. UNTIL I have experience driving a truck I cannot say completely." [b]This was an example I used to say that until I have actually done something I cannot have an opinion on it that would be justifiable. I am not saying that trucking is easy. It's called an analogy. So the word of the day for you DesertRat is analogy.

Interesting analogy. You imply that you thought trucking was easy, the conclusion of your analogy will be that you are proven sorely wrong. On a simialar note, you're preceptions of CRE will also be proven sorely wrong. I see a pattern forming here.

"I did my "homework". I searched for COMPANY DRIVERS that work for CRE and are unhappy. I went to truck stops, rest areas, and the internet.
This is what I found:
CRE has a less than popular lease program.
CRE has a poor reputation especially with drivers that have never worked for them."

They have a poor reputation with dirvers who have driven for them as well. If your research skills were of any use to you, you'd know that. You're right I've never driven for CRE. But that doesn't mean I have no knowledge. I've met plenty of drivers who have or are and I have heard what they have to say. I've never vactioned in Liberia either, but I don't need to risk my life going there to know it's a bad idea.

"Guys like me? And what type of guy is that? Educated? You don't know me, NOR have you worked for CRE. So until you have experience with either your opinion is just that... thoughts in your head."

If you are what passes for educated, we are in trouble as a society. Your presentation skills, attitude problem and inability to take the very advise you asked for does not point to a high level of education or knowledge. The educated amongst us behave in a much better fashion. You, on the other hand, behave like a guest on Springer. Your word for the day is decorum.

"I do have a question.

Why do so many drivers hate CRE but have never worked for them?

How can you judge a company that you have never worked for?"

The horror stories are a dime a dozen. The disgruntled employees / former employees can be found at most truck stops. I guess some of us didn't have to burn our fingers on the hot stove because we didn't believe mom when she said it was hot.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="TimberWolf"]

The same way we all judge our Presidents but have never sat in the oval office.
By the Way our President is an idiot.... Just my opinion...

No one could accuse him of being the sharpest tool in the box, thats for sure!!
:sad:
Old 10-02-2006, 01:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aligator
England:

Every
New
Guy
Leaves
After
Ninety
Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
England:

Why would you consider driving for CRE??

They have a well earned, well established, and well deserved reputation for being the worst of the worst companies out there!!
What were your dates of hire with CRE?
If you have never PERSONALLY worked for CRE then how do you have negative comments? Better yet what gives you the authority to say England is a bad company?

I have never drove a truck before and thought it was simple. UNTIL I have experience driving a truck I cannot say completely. So until you work for CRE let's keep this bashing to a minimum!

By the way, CRE does not own the school. And after all, that is what this post was about...the less than honest school.
Another dammed "Wannabee Expert" who is ready to tell experienced drivers that they don't know what they are talking about
:roll:
There are tons of "experienced drivers" on this forum who don't know what they are talking about.

That being said. Go work for England and see how it works out for you. It might work out and it might not. 8 years ago people were telling me that going to work for Stevens Transport would be the biggest mistake of my life. I ended up being quite satisfied with them. The only reason I'm still not there is I had to quit due to health reasons at the time. A lot of how your experience works out is what you make of it.

Remember, this forum is full of opinions and assholes, both of which are believed by their respective possessors to smell like roses. No matter what company you post about, there will be people on this forum ready to trash that company because they heard from someone who knew somebody whose second cousin's former roommate had a bad experience there.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:04 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Remember, this forum is full of opinions and assholes, both of which are believed by their respective possessors to smell like roses. No matter what company you post about, there will be people on this forum ready to trash that company because they heard from someone who knew somebody whose second cousin's former roommate had a bad experience there.
Out of all the mindless drivel posted on this subject the above quote is the most KNOWLEDGEABLE and EDUCATED post of them all.
Closed Thread