User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I am being trained by politicians!!

Ok, maybe they aren't IN politics, but the CDL mill I am attending lies like they are politicians. :shock:

Here is what I have been told so far:
ME: Will I have to go to Salt Lake to train or get a trainer for CR Enland?
THEM: Uh, CR England isn't in Utah. They are in Hammond Indiana.

CR England has already checked your criminal and MVR background. They do this before you start school. You wouldn't be here if CRE didn't check you out first.

:: There is a guy in our class with a dishonorable discharge from the Army. He also has some older assault charges and a recent misdemeanor larceny charge. He was told CRE has all that info, and it is OK::

We were told today that IF CRE denies us, we get our CDL for free because it is CRE's job to get us hired.

This is all coming from a school that trains for CRE.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:39 AM
Senior Board Member

England:

Every
New
Guy
Leaves
After
Ninety
Days
Old 10-01-2006, 01:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Why would you consider driving for CRE??

They have a well earned, well established, and well deserved reputation for being the worst of the worst companies out there!!
Old 10-01-2006, 02:03 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aligator
England:

Every
New
Guy
Leaves
After
Ninety
Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
England:

Why would you consider driving for CRE??

They have a well earned, well established, and well deserved reputation for being the worst of the worst companies out there!!
What were your dates of hire with CRE?
If you have never PERSONALLY worked for CRE then how do you have negative comments? Better yet what gives you the authority to say England is a bad company?

I have never drove a truck before and thought it was simple. UNTIL I have experience driving a truck I cannot say completely. So until you work for CRE let's keep this bashing to a minimum!

By the way, CRE does not own the school. And after all, that is what this post was about...the less than honest school.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Well just for the record CRE is based in SLC but it also has a CHicago area terminal, though I am not positive where it is.

Quote:
If you have never PERSONALLY worked for CRE then how do you have negative comments? Better yet what gives you the authority to say England is a bad company?
I could give you tons of negative information about CRE that I have gotten from several very good friends who made the mistake of working for them. People who were promised 28 cpm and got paid 22 cpm. People who drove 3200 dispatched miles and got paid for 1400. People who quit, dropped the truck and all equipment off at the terminal they were told to, had reciepts for everything and still got truck abandonment put on thier DAC and had their last check taken for recovery expenses.

Then there is the well documented case of the Lease purchase driver that CRE called the police on saying he had stolen the truck and was in a dangerous and delusional state of mind, as documented by the police. After it was all said and done CRE told the driver's lawyer that they had called and reported a missing driver and truck and were "concerned" about him.

No I never worked for CRE. I was not in the World Trade Center on 09/11/01 but I know a lot of people were killed when 2 planes were intentionally crashed into the towers.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:44 AM
Senior Board Member

I thought this is the place to come and get advice from people who have experience and knowledge about companies that you might not?

I think you could do yourself a favor and take some of the advice and do some more research.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:56 AM
Board Icon

Okay.... I'm confused!! :?

This guy says his school LIES like politicians. Then, he tells us all the good(?) things his school says about CRE. Then, he defends CRE by dissing people with some knowledge and experience in the matter! :shock:

Someone please fill me in! Is this newbie, with NO MILES under his belt, and only 15 posts, defending CRE while calling his school a bunch of liars?

Or is it the other way around? :lol:

Dang! The only thing worse than an agitated 'newbie,' is an agitated newbie who can't convey a comprehensive thought!

I don't know whether to cuss him, congratulate him, or feel sorry for him! :roll:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Holy Cow, Before making a decision like this did you do any homework about this industry or the companies? If you do a search here you will get so many horror stories that it sickens most to watch this happen to people all too often. CRE has earned their reputation, and continues to live up to it daily as the reports continue to come in...

1. They are one of the worst paying companies in the industry.
2. They push their lease to everyone and the bankruptcies and wake of destruction follow everyone who gets sucked into them.

Since you don't know much about the industry I fully expect you will be telling us how good the lease is too before long. You don't know what the costs are to run a truck, your not going to get all the costs from CRE, and they are going to get you signed on the bottom line where you owe them huge truck payments, and before a year is up you will be gone. If your lucky it will be before you have lost everything. They are not going to tell you that miles vary, freight varies, and the pie in the sky numbers they give you don't cut it in the real world year round.

You think the school is bad, just wait until you get to CRE. This board and others the vote is unanimous unless they just drank the recruiter Kool Aid that it is a very bad thing. Others will come along to tell you about their experiences with them... How many pictures of abandoned CRE leased trucks does one need to see before we "get the picture"???

Longsnowsm
Old 10-01-2006, 04:52 AM

"I have never drove a truck before and thought it was simple. UNTIL I have experience driving a truck I cannot say completely."

Boy are you in for one heck of a surprise. The people who do their homework, talk to drivers, do background work on carriers, absorb all the information they can and then become a driver, those are the ones that are most likely to succeed in this business. Guys like you who go into trucking because you think it will be easy have a shelf life of less than six months.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:56 AM
Senior Board Member

ahhh this reminds me of the old adage " We deserve the government we get". The only way to keep "politicians" honest is to be an informed and knowledgeable voter. If you simply buy into the rhetoric or someones version of something, you may just end up in a re-education camp somewhere.
Closed Thread