View Poll Results: Can you get another CDL job within 1 year after your 1st offense?
Yes 14 66.67%
No 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper01
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez498
I don't see how that would affect you getting a job! Unless you just totally destroyed the guys rig. Most of us in one point or time have hit someone else while parking or trying to pull out.
I did not completely destroy his rig, just clipped the right front corner...i.e. bumper, headlight and right front corner of the grill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez498
Well I hope you are independently wealthy then. And don't have a family to support. There is not a thing wrong with local work. And it most cases it pays alot better than OTR. Good luck I have the feeling your going to need it.
Not wealthy by any means, i am stuck doing temporary work which stinks royally. Some of the local companies where i live ask for a minimum of 1 year OTR, therefore i am up a crap creek without the paddle and boat.
Tell me if i'm wrong but it seems to me that you think this is no big deal?
Old 02-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
The real problem may be how much total experience you have or how honest you are when listing this accident on your applications.
Uturn, if i do post the accident on my online application, the other trucking companies will not touch me, even if it is over 1 year old.

Quote:
If you have less than 1 year experience and have not driven a truck since you left CR England then that may be where you are hitting a brick wall.
Yes, i do have less than 1 year experience, and i did drive for Transport America in the Summer of 2004, however, i have not drove within the last 8 months which is hurting me even worse.

Quote:
A few questions that may help sort this out.

1. Did you recieve any type of citations for this accident?
2. Do you have any citations at all on your MVR?
3. What does your DAC say about the accident?
4. Did you stop as soon as you realized you hit the other truck or did you try to hightail it out of there?
5> how much OTR experience do you have?
6. Have you driven at all since leaving CR England?

Sorry if these questions seem too personal, but the answers may shed some light.
Answer 1. No tickets since it happen on private property, Pilot in Ogden, Ut.

Answer 2. No Citations, my MVR is clean.

Answer 3. My DAC does not provide much info, All England stated is that i had an Unsatisfactory Safety Record due to hitting a parked vehicle.

Answer 4. Yes i did stop once i realized i hit the other truck.

Answer 5. I have exactly 6 months experience.

Answer 6. I did drive for Transport America this past summer, which was 8 months ago to the day.

No offense taken Uturn, at least i honestly answered them.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
Tell me if i'm wrong but it seems to me that you think this is no big deal?
Yoopr, i am not gonna lie to you stating if you are right or wrong.

In a sense, it is a big deal to me, i'd like to get back into a truck and start driving again. However, with that accident on my DAC report, none of the other trucking companies will not touch me and me being out of a truck for the past 8 months, it is hurting me even worse.

Somebody please help me, i'd like to drive again.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Senior Board Member

You need to list this on your application. Put something like Hit parked vehicle. Preventable. If you do not list it on your application and when your DAC report comes back your application will be canned.

You may need to either go with a training company again and/or take a refresher course. I find it hard to believe that one accident and an otherwise clean record is keeping anyone from hiring you, unless you are setting your sights a little too high.

Have you tried JB Hunt by any chance? I know somone with limited experience hired by them who had 3 incidents on their DAC.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

Yes, i do have less than 1 year experience, and i did drive for Transport America in the Summer of 2004, however, i have not drove within the last 8 months which is hurting me even worse.

Perhaps the thing that is also holding you back is this experience with Transport America this past summer. What happened there and why did you not stay with them?

Old 02-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoe
Perhaps the thing that is also holding you back is this experience with Transport America this past summer. What happened there and why did you not stay with them?
I asked for home time to see the dentist, once i got home, i get a call from HQ asking why i am back home. I told them why and what for, next thing i heard was that i am fired.

I asked them for home time because my teeth were killing me and were keeping me awake all day and all night. To add insult to injury, my trainer wanted me to pull over all because i missed an exit i was suppose to take and never allowed me to drive again, even when i did ask. I spent 5 weeks of my time with this company.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
You need to list this on your application. Put something like Hit parked vehicle. Preventable. If you do not list it on your application and when your DAC report comes back your application will be canned.
As i stated before, no other company will touch me, no matter how honest i am. I can post it on the application, tell them over the phone. They will say to me, we will call you when we need you.

Quote:
You may need to either go with a training company again and/or take a refresher course. I find it hard to believe that one accident and an otherwise clean record is keeping anyone from hiring you, unless you are setting your sights a little too high.
I cannot afford to take a refresher course, i do not have the time or the money right now, all the money i am earning is going to pay off some overdue bills. I am not setting my sights to high, i tell all the companies what happen, they give me the shaft in return.

Quote:
Have you tried JB Hunt by any chance? I know somone with limited experience hired by them who had 3 incidents on their DAC.
J.B. Hunt did call me, they wanted to hire me, however, i did not list the accident on my online application, they found out through running my DAC. They canned my application right then and there.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Well, i did update my online application. I know for a solid fact i will not get hired by any other trucking company.

I begged, pleaded, did a little bit of butt kissing for the past 8 months to no avail.

I might as well shred my CDL and just get a local job, it isn't even worth my time just sitting around waiting for another trucking job to come along
:? :sad: :x
Old 02-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

That is one of your mistakes right there. Not disclosing the accident. There probably would have been a good chance of them hiring you if you had told them up front. Its seems to be the norm now days I had an accident and I lied on my application trying to hide it or I have a drug conviction or I failed a pee test why wont someone hire me. It is just getting a tad rediculas. If I lie or did any of the above things I would thank my lucky stars if McDonalds would hire me.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I hear the same things..Its a touchy job for the first few year ..so anything you do is going to bite you in the rears