View Poll Results: Can you get another CDL job within 1 year after your 1st offense?
Yes 14 66.67%
No 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I called some local trucking companies (not Roberson, they are closed) and some Owner Operators in the area and they told me without a illinois state CDL and since my DAC isn't spotless, i cannot get hired on. Also, since i do not have 1 to 2 years OTR it is also hurting me even further. Curse this bad luck of mine. ops: :cry: :roll: :x :? :sad:
Old 02-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Check this out,

I could start working for J.B. Hunt ASAP, problem is, is that i need 45 lousy days OTR experience via Local work or with an Owner Operator.

I was honest with the recruiter over the phone, he sounded hesitant once i informed him of the accident i was in, back in 2003.

What pisses me off the most is now that i am completely honest with the accident i had, when the date of the accident was, looked at my DAC, saw when C.R. England stuck the accident on me, what makes absolutely no sense is this: The accident, according to C.R. England, was recorded by DAC on 10/18/2004, the accident originally happened on 11/02/2003, left the C.R. England property as of 11/07/2003.

I am not trying to make anyone on this board mad at me, all i am trying to point out is when then accident happened, it is a NON-DOT recorded accident since the accident happened on private property at a Pilot truck stop in Ogden, Utah. I know when and where the accident happened, C.R. England did not want to hear my "so-called" rambling of the accident, in a sense, i am thankful to get away from C.R. England.

Sanchez and TF, i have read your previous posts and they do make sense, this has been a real ugly 15 months for me.

What can i do :?:
Old 03-01-2005, 01:38 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Have you tried to contest it with DAC :?: Do you have a police report with a date on it. And yes I know you said it happened at a truckstop. But I have seen many a police officer taking a report at a truckstop when someone hit someone else's rig at a truckstop.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Senior Board Member

It may be to late to contest the accident with DAC, however, i can call the police there and see if they still have the accident on file.

I should of contested the accident with DAC since the dates were way off, i may still have time to do so, i'll have to call and find out. Thanks Sanchez.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Senior Board Member

You can contest info listed in your DAC report at any time so long as it is still listed in the file.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Senior Board Member

I did talk to USIS and asked them about that accident i had. The accident originally happened on 11/04/2003, C.R. England took there sweet A$$ time reporting it to USIS.

However, i did work for Transport America last summer, they reported to USIS that i failed a post company drug screen. How can i fail a post company drug screen when i was no where near Eagan, Mn. to take one :?: It might of been one of my trainers that may of called corp. to inform them i was refusing to drive. I pretty much had to self-terminate myself from this company because my teeth were aching so badly, they were keeping me up all night.

Anyway, Transport America reported to USIS drug division on 06/18/2004 about my failed post company drug test. Can someone please tell me if this possible when i never took or was asked to take a post company drug test :?:
Old 03-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper01
I did talk to USIS and asked them about that accident i had. The accident originally happened on 11/04/2003, C.R. England took there sweet A$$ time reporting it to USIS.

However, i did work for Transport America last summer, they reported to USIS that i failed a post company drug screen. How can i fail a post company drug screen when i was no where near Eagan, Mn. to take one :?: It might of been one of my trainers that may of called corp. to inform them i was refusing to drive. I pretty much had to self-terminate myself from this company because my teeth were aching so badly, they were keeping me up all night.

Anyway, Transport America reported to USIS drug division on 06/18/2004 about my failed post company drug test. Can someone please tell me if this possible when i never took or was asked to take a post company drug test :?:
The only post drug test I am aware of is a drug test following a accident.

You have the right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to have any incorrect information corrected on your DAC. There is a procedure that you must follow however to get any incorrect information corrected.

The main problem I can see facing you is the amount of time that has elapsed since the "inaccurate" information was listed.

You might want to look at:
http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcra.htm#611

section ? 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy (15 U.S.C. ? 1681i)

kc0iv
Old 05-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Rookie

Why dont you just go down to DMV and get a cdl for your state of residence? I have done that exact thing 5 times myself and all I had to do was retake all of the written tests, no problem. The first time was after only 9 months with North American Van Lines. No accidents on my record but I did have moving violations. 8 years ago I was driving for an Atlas Agent Had been there 3 yrs. One day they asked me an accident I had while driving for United, and that DAC had reported it to them. I told her that first off I had Never driven for United. And second somebody better go back and fix that little bit of misinformation. I was told later that they had identified me by my Social # and that DAC had got the #'s wrong it was for a different driver. That was my 1st and last dealing i will have with DAC. But it seems to me that You have a lot of info at your disposal to counter any wrongful recording by England. Such as you LOGS, they are a legal document, Any police report, Pilot TS inhouse report all insurance co. that are involved. And I have never taken or even heard of a post employment drug test. Pre-employment, random, and post accident. I have to take a post accident for my job if I fall down and get hurt bad enough to go to the doctor. But as has been said already not every co. uses DAC. You may have to go to some of the smaller outfits and take a little cut in pay until this blows over. But no matter what always be honest on the App. because they will always catch it when you arent. Sorry for the long post. Again just my 2 cents.

KINGAJO