Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Current Trucking Events (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/current-trucking-events-104/)
-   -   1st offense (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/current-trucking-events/6457-1st-offense.html)

kreeper01 01-28-2005 07:27 PM

1st offense

I might as well get this off my chest.

Yes, i did have an accident in a C.R. England Truck, it happened up in Ogden, Utah. on 10/28/2003. I left the company as of 11/07/2003. The b***ards had the gaul to slap it on my DAC on 10/18/2004, almost 1 year after i left the company.

In my honest opinion, that is a major screw job if i ever saw one. According to section 391.15 of the Safety Regulations handbook, i am suppose to spend exactly 365 days off the road from the time of the accident is reported to the company and or the police. This is my first and only CDL driving offense, my MVR is clean as a whistle, my DAC isn't so clean. However, this accident happened at the Pilot there in Ogden, Utah. which has an L shaped parking lot to the left after you come out of the fuel island. It was a small lot and i took it as wide as the lot would allow me to make that left hander. Someone PLEASE explain me why i have to wait 2 years to get another driving job for a 1 year offense :?:

Littlepete 01-28-2005 08:00 PM

There is something more to your accident than you are telling.

Most drivers will have some sort of accident in the first year.
Busted mirror, bent rim on a curb, backed into a post or some little thing.
They keep working and can find a job.

If you roll it over, hit a bridge, kill a family of four, things like that that can stop your career.

In this post you said you have a clean MVR.
In another you said:
A few Owner Operators have been calling me lately, some ask for 1 year.
Some others ask for a clean MVR, I do not have that either.

Which is it?

01-28-2005 08:44 PM

There are all sorts of company's who dont use Dac. For that matter there is dump trucking concrete trucks. And all sorts of local work that also doesnt use Dac. I agree with the above poster. Something just doesnt add up here. 2+2 just isnt equaling 4.

kreeper01 01-29-2005 03:24 PM

The trailer i was pulling clipped the right front corner of a parked rig, i did not know it clipped his rig until i looked in my mirror.

To clean up any mis-conceptions, it was this accident i was involved in that is preventing me from getting another driving job, i am not bothering with any local work. Alot of companies will look at my DAC before anything else, all i am saying is look at the dates, i left the company on 11/07/2003, the accident was received by DAC on 10/18/2004, almost 1 year after i left C.R. England.

To add insult to injury, England had the gaul to email me to submit an application on there web site...it is like all the major trucking companies trying to hire me...its not gonna happen, END OF DISCUSSION :!: :!: :!:

yoopr 01-29-2005 04:13 PM

damn

01-29-2005 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kreeper01
The trailer i was pulling clipped the right front corner of a parked rig, i did not know it clipped his rig until i looked in my mirror.

I don't see how that would affect you getting a job! Unless you just totally destroyed the guys rig. Most of us in one point or time have hit someone else while parking or trying to pull out.

Quote:

I am not bothering with any local work.

Well I hope you are independently wealthy then. And don't have a family to support. There is not a thing wrong with local work. And it most cases it pays alot better than OTR. Good luck I have the feeling your going to need it.

kreeper01 01-29-2005 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanchez498
I don't see how that would affect you getting a job! Unless you just totally destroyed the guys rig. Most of us in one point or time have hit someone else while parking or trying to pull out.

I did not completely destroy his rig, just clipped the right front corner...i.e. bumper, headlight and right front corner of the grill.

Quote:

Well I hope you are independently wealthy then. And don't have a family to support. There is not a thing wrong with local work. And it most cases it pays alot better than OTR. Good luck I have the feeling your going to need it.

Not wealthy by any means, i am stuck doing temporary work which stinks royally. Some of the local companies where i live ask for a minimum of 1 year OTR, therefore i am up a crap creek without the paddle and boat.

kreeper01 01-31-2005 09:15 PM

Quote:

I can see your point about getting another job, what i am saying is with a CDL, its hard to get "A job". I was trained on getting a "Specific job".

Quote:

I am not wealthy by any means, i do not have a family of my own and with a out-of-state CDL, it will get really hard to get a local trucking job.
With luck, i need more than luck, i need a miracle. :sad:

02-01-2005 12:48 AM

Quote:

I can see your point about getting another job, what i am saying is with a CDL, its hard to get "A job". I was trained on getting a "Specific job".

Well I have no clue where you live but in my area concrete truck companys are always looking. And we work year around here. Most offer 401k, insurance. Plus mine also offers besides my 7 paid holidays I get 15 personal days off per year to use as I see fit to use them. And most will train you in the operation of the concrete truck. Oh yea besides the 401k I also get profit shareing.

Uturn2001 02-01-2005 04:18 AM

The real problem may be how much total experience you have or how honest you are when listing this accident on your applications.

If you have less than 1 year experience and have not driven a truck since you left CR England then that may be where you are hitting a brick wall.

A few questions that may help sort this out.

1. Did you recieve any type of citations for this accident?
2. Do you have any citations at all on your MVR?
3. What does your DAC say about the accident?
4. Did you stop as soon as you realized you hit the other truck or did you try to hightail it out of there?
5> how much OTR experience do you have?
6. Have you driven at all since leaving CR England?

Sorry if these questions seem too personal, but the answers may shed some light.