User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 02:01 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Well........Steven........If it had come down to you and your family paying for that sign.....I really do think there are a few of us here that would have been more than happy to have helped.

I honestly never knew that the families of the soldiers/airmen/sailors/marines, were responsible for paying for those signs. THAT is something THAT EACH STATE AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD HAPPILY PAY FOR.

Y'all saw that right?? Fozzy's name is Steven!!
We wanted to do that earlier, but when the cost was said to be 5 grand.. i got pretty pissed off to be honest.. Our Senator was pretty irritated also and said that "He'd handle it".. Well, i had no idea that he'd do that.. but I AM happy for those who want to get this done! I guess there are some who will call this wasteful of course. If this sign causes people to think about the fact that we are still in a global war with some real bad people.. then to me it beats a study on left handed wombats or something... So I guess I'll take the hit on being an entitlement leech.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Really?? Had no idea that the families were expected to pay for that.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Not sure how I missed this. Doh!

Fozzy and Bunny you should take pride in raising a young man who had such an impact on those he met that it prompted them to honor him this way. It looks like a lot of people believe he should be remembered.

Reb

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
We wanted to do that earlier, but when the cost was said to be 5 grand.. i got pretty pissed off to be honest.. Our Senator was pretty irritated also and said that "He'd handle it".. Well, i had no idea that he'd do that.. but I AM happy for those who want to get this done! I guess there are some who will call this wasteful of course. If this sign causes people to think about the fact that we are still in a global war with some real bad people.. then to me it beats a study on left handed wombats or something... So I guess I'll take the hit on being an entitlement leech.
DUDE! You both are entitled! Every family that has lost someone to this war is entitled!

Do I need to drive thru Ardmore and Japanese slap you with a left handed wombat??

Hmmmm??
Old 09-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
DUDE! You both are entitled! Every family that has lost someone to this war is entitled!

Do I need to drive thru Ardmore and Japanese slap you with a left handed wombat??

Hmmmm??
Well, we are really entitled to nothing.. But I think that the American military fallen are deserved something like this. I thought it would be rather automatic. But its not.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:27 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Well, we are really entitled to nothing.. But I think that the American military fallen are deserved something like this. I thought it would be rather automatic. But its not.
You are entitled to RESPECT and recognition for the price YOU have paid (as a family.) You are entitled to the HONOR that your son's service and sacrifice has brought to your family.... AND your/his hometown.... and STATE.

And it should not cost you ONE dime! The Gov't pays more than that just to get a recruit thru training... and you KNOW that. And his life is worth WAY more than a mere $5,000. It's an insult that it would even be a question. The idea that the cost of a SIGN would even be mentioned in the debate, is an insult to ALL Americans who PAY for these wars... let alone those who have LOST someone.

I'm just happy that the Oklahoma delegation to Congress has got some SENSE. And that they have done the right thing.

I don't get a chance to travel that section of Interstate often. But, I can't WAIT to HONK my way thru there in the future... to show my support for the MAN... and the family.

I guess that's all I can do. If I can do more... someone please tell me.

You ain't no LEACH, Fozzy. There's a big difference between the survivor of a WWII veteran (not that THEY are leaches either) and a Gold Star parent of a trooper lost in these wars we seem to continue to .... well.... continue! A man who sacrifices his OWN life is one thing... but, a man who sacrifices his SON is a man to be respected.

If the wheels of gov't turn slowly, it is because the average citizen is not pedalling fast enough! But, the tide is turning. I believe that history will recount that OUR generation (or Pokey's) took time out to honor those who fought for our cause. And it will make America a stronger nation.

A mile of interstate, and a post office, are not a fair trade. I KNOW that. But, it is a beginning, and a good faith effort to prove that we will never forget.

It will not bring you PEACE. But, I hope it brings you a renewed Pride.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Well, We sacrificed nothing. Sacrifice means that you give something willingly. These people joining have had years of this in their face. Unlike the past, these are not hayseeds out in some far off place that only had print media and newsreels.They are bombarded by the sights sounds and carnage of these wars and the animals that we fight. This is the reason that Micheal went and went as nothing less than the point of the spear. I was very proud of my kid and very humbled to be among he and his brothers and still am by the grace and patience of them to allow us to basically be voyeurs in their lives as they continue in their lives. We have lost more of his brothers in other deployments and the deployments continue. We are still in touch and still sending things as we can as they go. If you want to see the types of men that this country CAN but seldom does anynore.. look at these fellows.. one is from my son's unit who was injured in the deployment before his.. If this doesn't effect you in some way.. your dead!

noah galloway at warrior dash in tennessee september 17th. I am a Champion - YouTube

Army Sgt Noah Galloway and USMC Cpl Todd Love of Team Extreme.

TEAM X-T.R.E.M.E. & Cpl Todd Love - YouTube!

Team X-T.R.E.M.E. Heroes Heat, Heroic Finish | SPARTAN RACE

PS - 8 miles of I-35.. : )
Old 09-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Board Icon

D'oh! I KNEW it was 8 miles... looked it up on the map! Sorry.

Thanks for the links. Watched another one or two on cpl Love. Really liked the hand stand while surfing!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Fallen Memorial in town.

Exhibit to remember fallen soldiers stops in Ardmore

The Daily Ardmoreite

Let me know if this starts irritating people
Old 09-27-2012, 06:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Fallen Memorial in town.

Exhibit to remember fallen soldiers stops in Ardmore

The Daily Ardmoreite

Let me know if this starts irritating people
Of ALL things, why would this irritate anyone? Have you read the "political" thread lately? In my mind there is NOTHING greater than honoring our fallen and continuing to do so well after they are gone. We still honor the fallen from long past wars so this certainly qualifies. As a 27yr Vet I would be more than upset by anyone insinuating that they were "irritated" by this. POST ON!

Why was Michaels nickname "Pokey"?