Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Sen. Kerry was probably quite well qualified for the job. Nothwithstanding the bogus "swiftboat campain," he HAD served in war, and had a LONG history of service in the Senate. Two things "YOUR BOY" could not claim.
John Kerry was, perhaps, better qualified than Obama. But, John Kerry certainly was not qualified to lead this country. With his record during the war, I don't see him as qualified to serve in the Senate either. Take a very good look at his war record. He lacked the guts to serve out his commitment there and found a way to get out. Do you want that to lead this country? I certainly do not.

And, as far as Al Gore is concerned, I'm sure glad he does not have the power to wield to push through his agenda. I'm not against clean air, but not at the expense of the economy. Like Obama pushed through the healthcareless bill. Let's get this done, and screw the effects on the economy. The country needs a much more sensible approach, but we're not getting it. It really does not matter whether it's Democrats or Republicans, no one on the hill realizes just what they are doing to hurt the economy. Even under Bush, the government grew too large. And, now, it's growing bigger, even faster. And, something Obama and his troop don't seem to realize is the fact that a few portions of the healthcareless law may be unenforceable. There are almost certainly going to be some modifications in upcoming administrations. They're going to have to do something to make the numbers add up.

Bush made mistakes in his 8 years in office, but Obama made just as many in the first 8 months.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:28 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
With his record during the war, I don't see him as qualified to serve in the Senate either. Take a very good look at his war record. He lacked the guts to serve out his commitment there and found a way to get out. Do you want that to lead this country? I certainly do not.
And how does Mr. Bush's and Mr.Cheney's record compare to his ?
They both dodged the service and you stand there proudly spitting your venom at the man who at least served and got a medal for it. You should be ashamed of yourself.

This man was a war hero and every time you mention his name you need to stand up and say a prayer. The things that he did for this country back in the day does not even belong in the same sentence with Bush and Cheney. The fact that you throw cheap shots at this man talk about how much respect you have for him and all others who do not agree with you.

Last edited by Dejanh; 05-01-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Actually, Bush did serve the country. I believe that he was in the Air National Guard. I am not sure about Cheney. Keep in mind that it is mostly the National Guard that is fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. Kerry and Gore both dodged the bullet in Vietnam. They used family influence to avoid the front lines. Much of what both claimed of their service has been since proven to be a lie.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Character is what you are in the dark.
— Unknown

OBAMA CHEATING SCANDAL - Celebrity News | Gossip - National Enquirer

At this point, all I can add is that The ENQUIRER broke the John Edwards story and did not release it until they had the story.

Well, actually, there is one more thing I can add. It seems to me that, at the time the Edwards story broke, I heard it reported many times that The ENQUIRER has never lost a slander or libel case. It didn't come right up when I searched for it today so I'll look a little deeper after someone challenges me.

Last edited by cdswans; 05-01-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If it is true about Obama I would expect the media to cover it up as with much of his other past antics.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Senior Board Member

The "genuine" media either ignored or scoffed at the Edwards story while the "tabloid rag" kept on digging. In the end, Enquirer scooped the entire media establishment. They have a history of doing that; Tiger Woods comes to mind.

I have heard it said elsewhere that they don't start a story they can't finish What they like to do is dish it out slowly and build it up incrementally to sell more papers over a longer period of time. That, after all, is the business they're in. If the story is there, I can't imagine how anyone could cover it up.

Last edited by cdswans; 05-01-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:56 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Going to make things interesting for the Hobo's of the world, no doubt. It'll be fun to watch them try and spin that one.

As far as November goes, there's going to be some really upset democrats, methinks. It would be fun to do a where are they now after they've disappeared for a while.

It's interesting that the Republican party has had to reinvent itself after the last election and rightfully so. They got sloppy and lost track of who they were. Are they were they need to be today? No, but they've moved back in the direction of where they should eventually be. It's a start.

But the dems? The amount of damage the democrats in charge have done to this country in the past year and a half is beyond calculation. Come November, when you see a mass influx of Republicans into Washington, the light might click on. But in 2012, when the dems are swept out the door enmasse, it'll be too late.

I personally don't see any way the dems can reinvent themselves after what they'e done in their "time" in power. I consider myself pretty involved in politics and I know a lot of people outside of messageboards, many of them democrats and liberals. And almost to a person, they are at the very least questioning their leader, while a good many of them have already decided their party needs a good purging, which they intend to start in November, hoping they can help fix things before it's too late.

Interestingly enough, most of the people that you see backing the idiot in the White House are those people that can hide behind a messageboard login. Out in the open, though, I think the Hobo's and Dejanh's of the world would not be so worshipful of their messiah.

But whatever the case, I'm not worried. This messageboard and some of the thoughts and considerations of the posters means absolutely NOTHING in light of what is really going on. The majority of today's news articles about their savior and their party are negative. Most dems are truly worried about what November is going to bring and those that are not, simply do not matter. Their heads are buried in the sand and they will not see it until Republicans paddle their azzes in November.

And trust me, I'm not looking forward to the dems being driven to extinction because all it will do is flip the table. And while I'm a conservative and align mostly with true core republican values, I know that politicians being what they are, have done nothing to earn my trust. A huge republican majority isn't going to do this country any more good than the current crop of dems. It'll just be a different kind of crap.

That, right there, is the biggest thing that today's dems are completely blind to. While their messiah and his criminal cronies continue destroying the foundation of this country, they forget that we are still free to vote (for the time being) and as long as we still have that freedom, people are going to exercise it like never before. Consider the example of bumping something tall and top-heavy. It swings from side-to-side, more and more, until it eventually falls. It never re-centers itself...it simply cannot due to the momentum.

That's what is coming. Problem is, dems don't see it.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
Going to make things interesting for the Hobo's of the world, no doubt. It'll be fun to watch them try and spin that one.

As far as November goes, there's going to be some really upset democrats, methinks. It would be fun to do a where are they now after they've disappeared for a while.

It's interesting that the Republican party has had to reinvent itself after the last election and rightfully so. They got sloppy and lost track of who they were. Are they were they need to be today? No, but they've moved back in the direction of where they should eventually be. It's a start.

But the dems? The amount of damage the democrats in charge have done to this country in the past year and a half is beyond calculation. Come November, when you see a mass influx of Republicans into Washington, the light might click on. But in 2012, when the dems are swept out the door enmasse, it'll be too late.

I personally don't see any way the dems can reinvent themselves after what they'e done in their "time" in power. I consider myself pretty involved in politics and I know a lot of people outside of messageboards, many of them democrats and liberals. And almost to a person, they are at the very least questioning their leader, while a good many of them have already decided their party needs a good purging, which they intend to start in November, hoping they can help fix things before it's too late.

Interestingly enough, most of the people that you see backing the idiot in the White House are those people that can hide behind a messageboard login. Out in the open, though, I think the Hobo's and Dejanh's of the world would not be so worshipful of their messiah.

But whatever the case, I'm not worried. This messageboard and some of the thoughts and considerations of the posters means absolutely NOTHING in light of what is really going on. The majority of today's news articles about their savior and their party are negative. Most dems are truly worried about what November is going to bring and those that are not, simply do not matter. Their heads are buried in the sand and they will not see it until Republicans paddle their azzes in November.

And trust me, I'm not looking forward to the dems being driven to extinction because all it will do is flip the table. And while I'm a conservative and align mostly with true core republican values, I know that politicians being what they are, have done nothing to earn my trust. A huge republican majority isn't going to do this country any more good than the current crop of dems. (Truer words have never been spoken!)It'll just be a different kind of crap.

That, right there, is the biggest thing that today's dems are completely blind to. While their messiah and his criminal cronies continue destroying the foundation of this country, they forget that we are still free to vote (for the time being) and as long as we still have that freedom, people are going to exercise it like never before. Consider the example of bumping something tall and top-heavy. It swings from side-to-side, more and more, until it eventually falls. It never re-centers itself...it simply cannot due to the momentum.

That's what is coming. Problem is, dems don't see it.

TF.....After this fiasco... Deepwater Horizon rig had history of spills, fires before big Gulf of Mexico oil spill | NOLA.com ...It is entirely possible that the dems will have nothing to fear! Peloski and her minions will use this to the fullest advantage.

But...for comical relief...I offer this!! YouTube - See You In November
Old 05-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
As far as November goes, there's going to be some really upset democrats, methinks . . That's what is coming. Problem is, dems don't see it.
It isn't just the Dems. It's incumbents, period. Mind you, there are plenty of safe incumbents. Nancy Pelosi is powerful and she has incredible loyalty within her district. She'll be reelected but whether or not she retains speakershipdom remains to be seen. That Luis p rick from another thread is in a safe district. Snowe and Collins, the two RINOs from Maine are safe senators but Maine's two-person congressional delegation are both in jeopardy. Steve (?) Bennet, R-UT is in trouble. And of course, there's Mr Reid . . see ya, Harry! Don't let the screen door break your freakin' neck on the way out! I could go on but you get my point.

People are tired of Rs and Ds, Cs and Ls, etc. They, myself included, are tired of the shenanigans. We want security, sovereignty, our jobs, our Constitution, our Country and we want to be left alone. Get the puck out of my toilet! We pay for and we expect results.

Last edited by cdswans; 05-02-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:23 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
I'm sure glad we don't have any larger supply of words than we do. I can just imagine if you had written all this in Greek. I'd have had to go to the bathroom 4 times, instead of just 3.:smokin:
I no longer remember whether the Greek alphabet has MORE or LESS letters than ours. But, I DO remember that during my time there, I noticed that they take FEWER words to express an idea. So, your claim has no merit.

I USED to speak functional Greek. IF I had done so here, you could have read the entire thing before pizzing ONCE.

MOST ancient languages use fewer words to express a thought than we do in English. English is considered one of the HARDEST languages to learn. (Behind Mandarin Chinese.)

You want to see an overuse of the English language.... read the Federalist Papers! :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Closed Thread