User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2009, 06:02 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Soldier goes postal

Google shooting and Ft. Hood to find all the details from whatever news source you trust.

Just in case some went to print too quickly..... the shooter is still alive and will survive.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:34 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

You know, I was talking to my wife about this yesterday when I got home…this was before they released the info on the shooter. Then we got the guy’s name and the story about how he was comparing suicide bombers to heroes. And that brought up the following questions.

How in God’s name, did the army end up with a fanatical Muslim extremist as a major and in a position to do this?

And more importantly, when are the retaliatory attacks going to come against the innocent Muslims in this country?

Because it will happen. People are so on edge right now about all the garbage going on in the world, they’re going to see this as another attack on our home soil. Muslims were under heavy rhetorical fire after 911…now with 8 years of simmering anger and hatred to fuel the fire, I have a feeling it’s going to get way out of hand and transfer from symbolic to realistic. I certainly hope it doesn’t, but I’ve lost a lot of faith in humanity in general and simply believe it to be unavoidable.

All that said, though, let’s not get it started on this board. I can understand the feelings. I’m just as angry, disgusted, and shocked as anyone else. But we need to take a step back and not pour gasoline on the fires. If we’re going to discuss this, great. If you want to let it all hang out against the piece of trash that did this, by all means, let ‘er rip. But don’t let this turn into a religious or race war on this board.

Thanks.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Agreed ith you TF. When Gearldo Rivera Mr NO DEATH PENALTY wants him tried by TX so that way he will get the DEATH PENALTY that tell you anything. TTalked to a couple sal****er fish keeping friends of mine they are in Fort Sill and they have friends at Hood they are like let the Wives get ahold of the SOB that did this. Sorry Army wives are worse than Marinesa when it comes to screwing with them.

I called my SIL an Air Force wife what their feelings would be if this had happened at her base. Lets just say that Major better be GLAD he is under 24 HR gaurd if he was not he would be dead already from the wives. They can understand the deaths overseas however one of their own FRAGGING them is over that line. Especially when they are unarmed.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Senior Board Member

From what I read they said that the man was against being deployed, had an intention of wanting to stay "stateside".
All religious/race reasoning aside, I'm still baffled by those who sign up and are accepted for duty, then think they don't have to serve in a combat zone.

At the very least, this guy could've been relatively safe in Iraq or Afghanistan given his rank and MD position.
It didn't seem like they were going to be throwing him on the front lines or some other life-risking, combat-related position.

IMO, this guy never seemed to know what he was truly getting himself into from the get-go.
In the end, that over-confidence bought him alot of stress and now all of this drama he's going to have to deal with for however much longer he'll remain alive.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
How in God’s name, did the army end up with a fanatical Muslim extremist as a major and in a position to do this?
They didn't. But thanks for spreading the misinformation. The guy had "no religious preference" listed in his personnel records, and all the reports of him supposedly shouting Muslim phrases are coming from people who didn't witness this tragedy happening. The guy was upset about being deployed to the middle east, and he likely snapped. Making it about religion is just an attempt to divide.

Rev; would hope that you'd take your own advice about "not throwing fuel on the fire" when it comes to this story.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
Rev; would hope that you'd take your own advice about "not throwing fuel on the fire" when it comes to this story.
X2

I read where the shooter was taken down by a female Army police officer (who was one of the injured )...

YOU GO GIRL! :thumbsup:
Old 11-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Board Icon

Originally, they had both the shooter, and the person who shot them, listed as dead. Just more misinformation that got spread around. Frankly, this "instant news" world we live in sucks. The lies and rumors get spread around like they are truth, and once the truth finally comes out, it takes forever to get the lies proven as such, if it can even be done at all.

Bye
Old 11-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
They didn't. But thanks for spreading the misinformation. The guy had "no religious preference" listed in his personnel records, and all the reports of him supposedly shouting Muslim phrases are coming from people who didn't witness this tragedy happening. The guy was upset about being deployed to the middle east, and he likely snapped. Making it about religion is just an attempt to divide.

No religious preference, now who is uninformed!!!
I guess you missed the phone interview with the cowards cousin! They asked him when he converted to Islam, his answer was, " He has always been Muslim"!!!!!
Listen, when you JOIN the military in war time, you know you take the chances of going to war!!!!
As far as making it an attempt to divide, if you listened to the interviews with his co workers he would make statements to other people about how we may deserve it and other sadisious remarks that should never have been uttered from an AMERICAN SOLDIER!!!! , so how does it not have anything to do with race or religion!!!! When you are a soldier, right or wrong, you protect your country and its people, and put them ahead of your beliefs!!! I would never say we should exterminate all Muslims, maybe the ones that wish to destroy us!!! From his actions and comments, he is one of the ones we should have been watching out for!!!! It doesn't matter what race or religion you are, you are a citizen of this country, you are American and should be given every consideration as anyone else in this country.... Until you prove different!!!!!This is just my opinion, like it or not!!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:21 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Rev,

CNN News this morning reported that he was indeed a Muslim. So did Fox news. Both were radio news broadcasts that I listen to daily on my way to work and the news was coming from both sides of the media trench. I bracketed my comment with “fanatical” and “extremist” because I didn’t want to put all Muslims into the same bucket, although many people will, unfortunately. I am well aware of what I should and should not be posting and my comments were perfectly fine and within reason.

Fact is, it appears now that the Army did indeed have a fanatical extremist in a fairly high-ranking position and as a psychiatrist no less? Again, how in the world, with everything that is going on with the war on terror, does that happen? You’re fooling yourself if you don’t think 99% of Americans are asking that question right now. And you’re naïve if you think that a bunch of stupid, brainless idiots aren’t out there right now, planning on “getting even.”

Old 11-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
Rev,

CNN News this morning reported that he was indeed a Muslim. So did Fox news. Both were radio news broadcasts that I listen to daily on my way to work and the news was coming from both sides of the media trench. I bracketed my comment with “fanatical” and “extremist” because I didn’t want to put all Muslims into the same bucket, although many people will, unfortunately. I am well aware of what I should and should not be posting and my comments were perfectly fine and within reason.

Fact is, it appears now that the Army did indeed have a fanatical extremist in a fairly high-ranking position and as a psychiatrist no less? Again, how in the world, with everything that is going on with the war on terror, does that happen? You’re fooling yourself if you don’t think 99% of Americans are asking that question right now. And you’re naïve if you think that a bunch of stupid, brainless idiots aren’t out there right now, planning on “getting even.”

Well, to stop these kinds of trash, we as a country would have to use the racial or religious profiling most hate! Get over it people, we just have to wait till something like this happens so we don't hurt anyone's feelings!!! Now that's politically correct!!!....lol