User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

That is messed up!
Actually, I heard about it on the cb radio last night. There was a college (football) game on, and I didn't listen to any news last night. I heard everyone talking about it, and it blew my mind. It still blows my mind.
Fort Hood aint that far from Huntsville. They should 'deploy' him over to Huntsville, and introduce him to the inmates as soon as he heals.
One of the reasons why he didn't want to get deployed, is probably because he's one of the playing cards, and didn't want to get "turned up" over there. He knew he was safe here. :lol:

It makes ya wonder how many more of them we have in our country's forts, bases. :hellno:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-06-2009, 03:44 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Well, to stop these kinds of trash, we as a country would have to use the racial or religious profiling most hate! Get over it people, we just have to wait till something like this happens so we don't hurt anyone's feelings!!! Now that's politically correct!!!....lol
I honestly don’t know what the answer is, but I’m willing to bet that the fallout from this, both immediate and long-term, will be far-reaching. As far as this particular situation goes, there seems to be a lot of red flags popping up. Doesn’t appear to be one of those “oh, he was so quiet” episodes. If these red flags turn out to have merit, why didn’t someone pick up on it? Lot of questions being asked that go far beyond the gunman himself.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
Rev,

CNN News this morning reported that he was indeed a Muslim. So did Fox news. Both were radio news broadcasts that I listen to daily on my way to work and the news was coming from both sides of the media trench. I bracketed my comment with “fanatical” and “extremist” because I didn’t want to put all Muslims into the same bucket, although many people will, unfortunately. I am well aware of what I should and should not be posting and my comments were perfectly fine and within reason.

Fact is, it appears now that the Army did indeed have a fanatical extremist in a fairly high-ranking position and as a psychiatrist no less? Again, how in the world, with everything that is going on with the war on terror, does that happen? You’re fooling yourself if you don’t think 99% of Americans are asking that question right now. And you’re naïve if you think that a bunch of stupid, brainless idiots aren’t out there right now, planning on “getting even.”
The NY Times disagrees, and cited proof that he wasn't (based on his personnel file). But no matter. That doesn't prove this shooting had ANYTHING to do with his religion, and the fact that you included it is part of that divide I was speaking of. In fact, every major news outlet I've read this morning all said the same thing - he wanted out of the army because he didn't want to be deployed to the Middle East. Why you are making it about his religion, even going so far as to call him a "radical Muslim", is beyond me. You're feeding into the hype. Adding fuel to the fire.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Board Icon

I wouldn't trust the NY Times if they said that the sky is blue.
If I get banned, oh well, but whether he's a muslim or not, he's a dot head. I think "not wanting to get deployed" was a cop-out or an excuse to 'fulfill his destiny' as a terrorist. If his name was John Smith, than it might be that he just 'flipped out', and could be condoned. I think this Hasan is/was a terrorist. I believe they are all over our country. We just don't know who, or where they are until they decide to unload on us.
I know what I just said was not very nice to say, but I have a problem. I am plain spoken, and I speak my mind. I will take responsibility for saying this, and accept the disciplinary actions. Even having my membership of CAD terminated, if needed.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-06-2009, 04:03 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I think you are completely missing my point. I am well aware of his desire not to go overseas and deploy. That being said, however, this whole thing has already been made out to be because he is a Muslim, like it or not. It’s in every story, on every news station…it’s everywhere.

Were I to be a Muslim, I would certainly want people thinking he was of the radical extremist sect and not indicative of Muslims in general. It goes that way with every religion or beliefs when some f’ing moron pops up and massacres someone, be it one or many. Whether we’re talking a Christian, Muslim, abortion foe, same sex marriage pro, etc. etc., the nutjobs should never be associated with the decent people as a whole.

Since we’re already on that line of thinking (remember, my original post was in reply to the post you deleted...I am assuming you also received the reported post notification and erased the post before I did) my whole point has been to separate him out from the decent Muslims.

Last edited by Twilight Flyer; 11-06-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:12 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

The more I think about it, I think this is where our disconnect is, Rev. My first post was in reply to a reported post, where the poster unloaded on Muslims in general. My reply was based on that post and not the first post that brought up the fact that he is a Muslim. With that post deleted (I was going to edit it myself), it now casts my original post in a different light and looks like I was the one that brought it up, which was not actually the case.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Board Icon

So there was a shooting in Orlando today. 2 people dead so far, 6 injured. When can we expect to hear the religion of the shooter, so we can blame it on that?

Whatever. Go ahead and spread hate. Im done.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:12 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

As I said, whether we’re talking a Christian, Muslim, abortion foe, same sex marriage pro, etc. etc., the nutjobs should never be associated with the decent people as a whole.

I’m not getting what your problem here is. You’ve taken my original post completely out of context now, with the removal of the offending post. If you were the one that removed it, then you know what it said. And that being the case, you know that you are way out of line with your accusations.

I wasn’t the one that came in here and started hammering on Muslims. I correctly labeled this piece of garbage as an extremist, which puts him in an extreme minority. I’m having a hard time figuring out why you have a problem with that.

Unless every news station is wrong and his family is incorrect with their statements, the guy is a muslim. Does not his actions, by definition, make him an extremist and NOT indicative of the Muslim world as a whole?

Like I said, I’m not understanding this from you at all. It almost sounds like you’re defending him, the shooter.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
I correctly labeled this piece of garbage as an extremist, which puts him in an extreme minority. I’m having a hard time figuring out why you have a problem with that.
Extreme minority of what? American citizens? Sure.

Quote:
Unless every news station is wrong and his family is incorrect with their statements, the guy is a muslim. Does not his actions, by definition, make him an extremist and NOT indicative of the Muslim world as a whole?
His religion has nothing to do with what happened. The fact that the major media outlets are focusing on it, and others are following suit, is despicable. I have a major problem with people labeling others based on their religious beliefs when their religious beliefs have nothing to do with what is being discussed. Until a report shows that it did, religion played no part in this tragedy. The guy was born and raised in America. He is an American citizen, nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
(AP) His name had barely been released, his heritage and history not immediately known, but the reaction was fast and furious.

"Jihad at Fort Hood?" read the headline of a post on the Jihad Watch blog just moments after Nidal Malik Hasan was identified as the alleged perpetrator of a mass shooting at the Texas military base that killed 12 people and wounded 31 others.

"The name tells us a lot, does it not, senator?" Fox News's Shep Smith said while interviewing Kay Bailey Hutchison, a Texas senator.
That is pathetic news reporting, and Faux News should be ashamed to have this idiot representing them.

Fort Hood Anti-Muslim Backlash Immediate - CBS News
Old 11-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
If I get banned, oh well, but whether he's a muslim or not, he's a dot head.
If you're going to use racial slurs, you might want to actually get them correct. That particular racial slur is for East Indians, most of which fall under the Hindu religion.

You are pathetic.
Closed Thread