User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Twilight, Response to you and the locked thread

For all to see until you Censor it..

Funny thing is Twilight I do have my big boy panties on, and they are soft and silky. If you look at my post I own my words and my comments, I am man enough to admit my childish behavior even while wearing my big boy panties, as does Hobo, (however I am not sure what type of Panties he wears) not once do you see Happy Hand own his insults, not once in that feable conservative mind of his does he do it, so please don't play me for some idiotic liberal when conservatives are just as much in the wrong too....
That is what is wrong with this country today too...... To much ****ing in fighting and nothing gets solved..
So if you like end my membership as the fish is really beginning to stink..
Have a great holiday...

Timberwolf
Old 12-08-2009, 09:07 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Why would I censor it? :roll: You did send me the same thing via PM and while I'm not sure why you would want to post it on the board, too, there is certainly nothing wrong with it. I will just post my answer here, rather than the PM.

Here it is...

Quote:
Funny thing is Twilight I do have my big boy panties on, and they are soft and silky.
Too much information. Thanks for the image....my eyes, my eyes!!

Quote:
If you look at my post I own my words and my comments,
Yeah, if you look at my quote, I quoted your first post that you apparently deleted, where you did not own your words. Deleted posts continue to show up for mods. I skipped the 2nd post as I assumed it was a duplicate.

Quote:
I am man enough to admit my childish behavior even while wearing my big boy panties, as does Hobo,
I would probably not group yourself in with Hobo because he does not, as you say, admit childish behavior. You should understand that we get complaints on pretty much everyone that argues politics - that's to be expected since it is such a charged topic. Some of these complaints are through reported posts, but most are through PM's or e-Mail. I can't speak for the other mods with regards to the one-on-one communication, but I get more complaints on Hobo than on anyone else.

Quote:
not once do you see Happy Hand own his insults, not once in that feable conservative mind of his does he do it,
So my question here is "so what?" You've owned up to your insults. Great. That puts you a step above both Hobo and Gladhand. Both have offered the insults and neither have owned them. However, they are both still here. Yet, I get the distinct feeling that you believe Gladhand should be banned or punished and Hobo should not? That is what prompted my comment that you seem to think that you can say anything, do anything, and because you believe you are right and everyone else is a stupid azzhat, you're entitled and everyone should shut the fock up.

If this is not your intention, then enlighten me. But this is the perception I am getting from your post and though I consider myself conservative, I believe I do a really fair job of moderating from middle ground.

Quote:
so please don't play me for some idiotic liberal when conservatives are just as much in the wrong too....
See above and I'll add that you are absolutely right. There are conservatives that are just as much in the wrong here. However, the difference is that they're not complaining to me to ban anyone that doesn’t agree with them. Again, this is the perception you are leaving me with.

Personally, I don't care for the far right comments from Glad Hand anymore than I care for the far left comments from you or Hobo. Again, I think you're all more wrong than right.

Quote:
That is what is wrong with this country today too......
Oh, you're right there and you have completely proven my point. What is wrong with this country goes beyond just the difference (sometime extreme) in opinions. What is wrong with this country is the utter close-mindedness of everyone on both sides.

Quote:
So if you like end my membership as the fish is really beginning to stink..
I have no intention of banning anyone at this point. I don't like the idea of limiting the idea of free exchange of ideas. The problem is that some people don't seem to be able to do it without having an open mind about some things.

I disagree with most of what you and Gladhand are saying, and pretty much ALL of what Hobo is saying. However, I would be lying to you if I said that there were not certain statements made by all parties that did not cause me to give some serious thought to. I don't have to compromise my beliefs or standards to listen and consider what others are saying. And I'll give you a perfect example.

I have, for years, been a staunch supporter of the death penalty. Over the past few months, by reading articles and listening to victims and victim advocates, I find myself questioning my stance on it. Of course, there are some cases where I believe it should be enacted and done so quickly and with extreme finality. The cockroaches that orchestrated 9-11 are perfect candidates for that. But I am starting to rethink my position on the murderers in our society. Why? Because I'm starting to look at leaving them alive and forever imprisoned as a greater punishment than letting them off the hook (mortal wise) quicker by putting them down. There is, however, the issue of having to pay for housing these scumbags for the rest of their lives and that's a big issue to address.

I have strayed from the topic of this thread, but the point is, I have an open enough mind to give consideration to things that I normally would be against. Too many people do not and seem to think that anyone that doesn't believe as they do should shut the fock up. And that is what is wrong with this country.

Quote:
Have a great holiday...
Oh, I certainly will. The holidays means vacation time for me from both work and from the board. It will certainly be bliss.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
I would probably not group yourself in with Hobo because he does not, as you say, admit childish behavior. You should understand that we get complaints on pretty much everyone that argues politics - that's to be expected since it is such a charged topic. Some of these complaints are through reported posts, but most are through PM's or e-Mail. I can't speak for the other mods with regards to the one-on-one communication, but I get more complaints on Hobo than on anyone else.
I've often wondered how many people wished he would take up smoking and get a little short of breath. Personally, I don't care about the difference between right and left, liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican. There are good and bad ideas from all corners. The problem I have is that some of the closed minds are so bloody long winded that I lose the first part of their point by the time I have read the end of what they have to say in one post. Then, I find that they have six more just like it on one page of the board. That's about the time I leave the thread. Not that I do not have an interest, or an opinion that I believe is worth revealing, but the simple fact that I can't seem to get a word in edgewise. Back when I was in school, the golden rule of writing, was "SHORT, SWEET, and SIMPLE. Clear and Concise. By all means, get your point across, but keep it short or you will lose your audience. This is the biggest problem I have with the long-winded posts.
Quote:
So my question here is "so what?" You've owned up to your insults. Great. That puts you a step above both Hobo and Gladhand. Both have offered the insults and neither have owned them. However, they are both still here. Yet, I get the distinct feeling that you believe Gladhand should be banned or punished and Hobo should not? That is what prompted my comment that you seem to think that you can say anything, do anything, and because you believe you are right and everyone else is a stupid azzhat, you're entitled and everyone should shut the fock up.
My 2 cents again. Not banned. But, absolutely, and by all means, ABRIDGED ! ! ! ! !
Quote:
I have no intention of banning anyone at this point. I don't like the idea of limiting the idea of free exchange of ideas. The problem is that some people don't seem to be able to do it without having an open mind about some things.

I disagree with most of what you and Gladhand are saying, and pretty much ALL of what Hobo is saying. However, I would be lying to you if I said that there were not certain statements made by all parties that did not cause me to give some serious thought to. I don't have to compromise my beliefs or standards to listen and consider what others are saying. And I'll give you a perfect example.

I have, for years, been a staunch supporter of the death penalty. Over the past few months, by reading articles and listening to victims and victim advocates, I find myself questioning my stance on it. Of course, there are some cases where I believe it should be enacted and done so quickly and with extreme finality. The cockroaches that orchestrated 9-11 are perfect candidates for that. But I am starting to rethink my position on the murderers in our society. Why? Because I'm starting to look at leaving them alive and forever imprisoned as a greater punishment than letting them off the hook (mortal wise) quicker by putting them down. There is, however, the issue of having to pay for housing these scumbags for the rest of their lives and that's a big issue to address.

I have strayed from the topic of this thread, but the point is, I have an open enough mind to give consideration to things that I normally would be against. Too many people do not and seem to think that anyone that doesn't believe as they do should shut the fock up. And that is what is wrong with this country.

Oh, I certainly will. The holidays means vacation time for me from both work and from the board. It will certainly be bliss.
So, how long will be monitors be turned off in the "Bat Cave"? How long can I maintain an intense campaign for President in the 2012 election? In my retirement, I should have much more time to devote to that...:thumbsup::lol2::clap:atriot:

Ya'll have a great Christmas Season, regardless of your political leanings.:bigthumbsup:

Old 12-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Board Icon

I've seen some attempts to diminish our moderators for their lack of proper presiding and compentence, all the while their requests are ignored. The mods have earned the right to call the shots, and I veiw all our mods as fair handed, and very giving of volunteer time to serve this community.

This staff deserves more respect and consideration than they've been given lately. I don't care to see anyone leave or be banned, but that's sometimes for the best, especially if someone can't stand down on their own, or if they become too caustic to the site at large. Hopefully none of us will drive off other members, but that has been happening too, and those are just one of the things a mod has to account for.

Thank you CAD moderating staff, for your dedication and great service. :thumbsup:
Warm Regards,
Hog

Old 12-09-2009, 12:07 AM

Ok Twilight,
I deleted my first post after I tried to add the phrase "I too am guilty" and the system would not let me save it, so I copied and pasted and then added the words I too am guilty, I am sure you were able to see that. Skipping the second post on an assumtion well we all know what happens when that occurs.

I read a response in that thread were Hobo apologized for an earlier post and did admit he may have gone a little to far, so in my eyes that looks like he owned his part.

Not once have I asked for anyone to be banned for the comments they make, in fact I have to laugh at most of them as they are in "my opinion" so far out there. my comments are made to the numerous post from MODs that say attack the position not the poster, yet the attacks continued to occur and my intended mindset was when are you guys going to stop giving warnings, and lock the post. It got out of hand, there or more then four warnings from you guys.. The standard should be three as in baseball 3 strikes and your out, not meaning ban the ppl but close the thread. I don't think anyone should be banned and have never asked you or anyone else to do that, in fact my pm to you was the first pm to any MOD since I have been on this board.

At least we agree on what is wrong with this country Hence my being so dysenfranchised with a functional dysfunctional government. I am not far left or even close to the right, I am in the middle with my own ideals yet I constantly get labled a liberal leftist for my beliefs. I do own guns and have a CWP, I also believe in the death penatly, while at the same time I think it is a womans right to choose, same sex marriage who cares it does not negate my marriage to my beautiful wife or our children, our government needs to stop ***** footing around and protect our country first and foremost, and YES "ISLAM" is a Religion, and I don't believe jesus is my savior so that makes me a liberal?????
Labels Suck, yet humanity is entrenched with doing so to anyone who does not see eye to eye and the outcome of such situations is never good, just by those words there will be some who call me a bleeding heart liberal, so whats the point anymore. IT IS WHAT IT IS....

Just for the record my wife loves my man panties and I am very secure with my hetrosexuality and quite in touch with my fem side as well, hell I even do the dishes...

Timberwolf
Old 12-09-2009, 01:11 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
Just for the record my wife loves my man panties and I am very secure with my hetrosexuality and quite in touch with my fem side as well, hell I even do the dishes...

Timberwolf
Yes, but have you ever cooked "POLISH LASAGNA"?:thumbsup::bow:

Old 12-09-2009, 04:24 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Now now. You kids be nice to one another else I'm gonna call a Boston based pirate!:thumbsup: TF, RH and WW hello to all of you youngsters.

TW.......I thought that you would enjoy this tanker pic. I took this Sunday at Thompson Pass about 20 miles outside of Valdez. Annual snowfall over 550 inches annually, the most in Alaska. Elevation about 2500 feet.

Last edited by belpre122; 12-09-2009 at 04:26 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:21 AM

Hey Blepre,
I can just imagine the amount of testosterone produced by pulling that load over the hills. It is an awesome photo even if their annual snowfall and elevation amounts come no where close to where I grew up in Colorado, however I am still envious of where you get to live compared to Florida...

Thanks to you and Wind Walker for helping to lighten up the mood...

Timberwolf

Last edited by TimberWolf; 12-09-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:53 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I don’t like locking threads at all. Even locking that last thread, I was thinking… hmmm, by locking this, do I miss out on some really choice words of wisdom that some poster has yet to post? So locking threads is a last resort. For the most part, we hope that the warnings, even repeated warnings, will be heeded, and a heated thread can remain open. One of my biggest pet peeves on a messageboard is over-moderating. The last thing I want to see happen here is that we start doing just that. It’s a fine line to walk as a moderator/admin and we do the best we can, staying as middle road as we can. It may not jive with what everyone thinks all the time, but we do what we can that we feel is best for the board.

WW:
Quote:
So, how long will be monitors be turned off in the "Bat Cave"? How long can I maintain an intense campaign for President in the 2012 election? In my retirement, I should have much more time to devote to that...
Campaign to your heart’s content. As a matter of fact, you should start now. Anything would be better than the scumbags we have in office right now. You’ve already got my vote just be virtue of not being the status quo.

Quote:
Thank you CAD moderating staff, for your dedication and great service.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Hoggie. Lord knows it’s a thankless job. I expect major Christmas gifts from some of you people for having to put up with you. Here’s my list.

- From Hog, I want some one-on-one time with one of your bow hunting gals.

- From Gladhand, I want an IPod Touch, one for each member of my family. There are 9 of us.

- From Timberwolf, I want a new computer, let’s make that a high-end Alienware system.

- From CAD itself, I want a new car, nothing less than a BMW or Mercedes.

- From Hobo, I want a car dealership, a Best Buy Franchise, $190 million dollars, my own private jet, 3 yachts, and 8 mansions scattered around various world vacation hotspots, including an authentic castle in Germany. That’ll do for starters.

And if any of you are lacking for snow, you should visit Iowa right about now. Right in the middle of an active blizzard and I’m here? WTF was I thinking when I got out of bed today?!?

Last edited by Twilight Flyer; 12-09-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
It got out of hand, there or more then four warnings from you guys..
Just to give you an idea of where I stand on warnings and locking a thread or banning a poster:

A few warnings on a thread that is 12 pages is is not too bad if you consider the length of the thread, the topic, WHAT was said ( I have seen MUCH worse without warnings ), the posters involved and the overall tone of the thread. For a thread that was locked on page one to begin with there sure were a lot of people that had plenty to say about the topic after it was re-opened. I must say a few things came up that opened my eyes to things that I hadn't considered.

Quote:
The standard should be three as in baseball 3 strikes and your out, not meaning ban the ppl but close the thread.
You should bring that up in the Moderators Forum at our next Mod. meeting........ oh wait..............

Really tho, I am not a big fan of "one size fits all" kind of rules. I will always believe that you have to take into account for human nature. The circumstances at the time ect... Mandatory sentencing and zero tolerance policy in schools come to mind. What do you feel is the greater wrong; A bad person that does something VERY wrong and gets off with a slap on the wrist because of a stupid Judge or a good person that because of the way a law or policy is written has their life turned upside down or ruined. I worked in law enforcement and I'll tell you this: I would rather see a hundred guilty people walk than see one wrongly accused go to jail.