User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 01:54 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Sheepdancer said:

Quote:
Once again...I dont listen to Rush. If I sound like him its probably because we are both conservative. I could tell you that you sound just like Rosie Odonell. Would that mean you listen to her everyday, or perhaps you just share her messed up views.
I understand that you don't listen to Rush. But, I say that "if you sound like him" it is NOT just because you are both conservative, but that conservatives seem to speak in "talking points" that all of you got the memo on. Every time Ann Coulter opens her mouth, I can tell you what she is about to say! It is as if you all went to the same Madrassa!

Fozzy likes to accuse "us" of drinking the Koolaide, but it seems that the conservatives are the ones who don't have an "original" thought. It's just the same "anti-Liberal" mantra over and over. The words never change, only the tune.

I appreciate that you didn't "actually" equate me with Rosie! I don't listen to HER either! :lol: She's bought into the conspiracy B.S. about 9-11, which I don't! There is enough REAL evidence against the motives and (in)efficacy of Bush, that we don't need to make things up!

For what it's worth, I enjoy debating you because, with obvious limitations due to being a conservative , you are an intelligent man. I realize that I've been a bit harsh with you at times, and to your credit, you have not really "called" me on it. I hope, and expect, that you know better than to take my comments "personally."

It is my fervent hope that someday Liberals and Conservatives, NEITHER of which represent MY beliefs, can come together and realize a course of action that is in the best interests of EVERY American citizen, and those of other countries on Earth, before it is too late.

But, until such a time and contest (at which "I" would have to be named the moderator) let the battle resume! :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:22 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
It is my fervent hope that someday Liberals and Conservatives, NEITHER of which represent MY beliefs, can come together and realize a course of action that is in the best interests of EVERY American citizen, and those of other countries on Earth, before it is too late.
Ain't gonna happen. when you have rush on one side and rosie on the other, there is no more middle ground. Vote Libertarian!
Old 05-09-2007, 04:51 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
Quote:
Ain't gonna happen. when you have rush on one side and rosie on the other, there is no more middle ground. Vote Libertarian!
Well.... if there ain't no middle ground, why on earth would I want to vote Libertarian?? :lol:

But, I DO agree with your observation. Seems BOTH sides have become so polarized, that common sense and American spirit have all but disappeared!

Sometimes, I could SWEAR I hear Nero fiddling! :shock:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Golfhobo I enjoyed reading what you had to say even if I don't 100% agree with it.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
Quote:
Well.... if there ain't no middle ground, why on earth would I want to vote Libertarian?? :lol:

But, I DO agree with your observation. Seems BOTH sides have become so polarized, that common sense and American spirit have all but disappeared!

I am a libertarian who unfortunately has to primarily vote Republican... I did vote for the Democrat for Governor here in Oklahoma though.. if it aint broke, why fix it. The Libertarians shoot themselves in the foot every time nationally because they choose the winner of the biggest loonie contests. They have the chance to run a decent candidate this time.. will they? I highly doubt it!
Old 05-10-2007, 05:41 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
Quote:

I am a libertarian who unfortunately has to primarily vote Republican... I did vote for the Democrat for Governor here in Oklahoma though.. if it aint broke, why fix it. The Libertarians shoot themselves in the foot every time nationally because they choose the winner of the biggest loonie contests. They have the chance to run a decent candidate this time.. will they? I highly doubt it!
The biggest problem with the Libertarian party is, no grass roots. You need to start at the local level and work up to the national level. The problem with the dems and repubs are they both want rules to stiffle our personal freedoms, it's just they can't agree on which ones to use. :?
Old 05-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
The problem with the dems and repubs are they both want rules to stiffle our personal freedoms,
So, I would ask you this. The democrats and the Republicans have been in power for a really really long time. Exactly what personal freedoms have I lost?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Senior Board Member

This thread has been to much :!: :!: :!: :!:
Old 05-11-2007, 03:57 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Quote:
The problem with the dems and repubs are they both want rules to stiffle our personal freedoms,
So, I would ask you this. The democrats and the Republicans have been in power for a really really long time. Exactly what personal freedoms have I lost?
Let's see: patriot act, seatbelt laws, no smoking laws, no picking your nose in public laws. you know, things like that.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Quote:
Quote:
Let's see: patriot act, seatbelt laws, no smoking laws, no picking your nose in public laws. you know, things like that.
Your right to personal freedom ends when your behavior affects others. See the bolded above.