Default Limbaughs "Magic Negro"..

Seems some people don't learn..

Home Blog: The Notion Rush's "Magic Negro" Routine

BLOG | Posted 04/25/2007 @ 12:09pm
Rush's "Magic Negro" Routine
Adam Howard

PERMALINK SEE ALL POSTS
EMAIL THIS POST COMMENTS (203)

Rush Limbaugh has obviously learned nothing from the outrage and anger unleashed by Don Imus' unfortunate "nappy headed ho's" remark. Never one to shy away from unfunny "humor", Limbaugh recently played a song parody on his radio show in which an Al Sharpton impersonator (played with stereotypical gusto) sings a song filled with idiotic assumptions about black people and dripping with ignorance called "Barack the Magic Negro".

Perhaps this kind of garbage (set to the tune of "Puff the Magic Dragon") is someone's cup of tea. Limbaugh does have millions of listeners and they do adore of much of what the man says. Whether he's lampooning former President Clinton's daughter or suggesting Michael J. Fox is exaggerating the effects of his Parkinson's disease. So I don't expect his listeners to desert him over this. What does surprise me is that Vice President Dick Cheney among other major conservatives is still a regular guest on Limbaugh's show and I don't anticipate the kind of repudiations that Don Imus received over his transgression from him or anyone else on the right with regards to Limbaugh.

It is true that Imus was chided because he was on a national cable news network and was perhaps less associated with being a provocateur than Limbaugh. But I still think Cheney and his ilk should refuse to appear on Limbaugh's show from now on. I wonder, will there be any outcry? Are people becoming so desensitized to this now that they just don't care about the inevitable phony apology and/or Al Sharpton protest. I'd like to see calls for Limbaugh's removal not just from the black community but from the supporters of the president and vice-president who are not racist, who don't find "jokes" like "Barack The Magic Negro" funny.

But this will never, ever happen. Limbaugh's entire career and success is based on being petty and juvenile, so one more stupid act will most likely change nothing. Personally, I'm just disheartened that so soon after the Imus controversy came and went the so-called shock jocks and right wing nuts went right back to business as usual, didn't blink an eye and continued to use racism to insult and humiliate.

Get The Nation at home (and online!) for 75 cents a week!
Old 04-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well gee.. too bad Rush was just quoting a newspaper article at the time... It was of course a liberal newspaper that used the term so I guess they just get a pass for coining the phrase?

Here's the OP Ed piece from the LA Times OP ED section:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...opinion-center
Old 04-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I am not a fan of Imus, but I think it is a shame that a man's career could come to an end for a few words said out of hand. There have been much worse things said by others. Rush Limbaugh has had parody's for many years. He doesn't discriminate. He tends to be an equal opportunity offender. I have heard some on the far left of the political equation say much worse on the air and nothing has been said. I think it is past time for people to stop taking themselves so seriously. There are some people such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who do what they can to stir things up. They make a living out of encouraging others to become victims. I would like to see the airwaves cleaned up, but I see no need to pick on one guy. These rappers are worse than any of these talk show people. If it is wrong for one it should be wrong for all of them. These people need to get a life.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Rush is trying to get his name back in the spotlight (and it worked), but he's smart enough not to go too far where he will lose his job. Rush has die-hard fans though, he could get away with anything.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:33 AM
Senior Board Member

I dont like them nappy ho's either....lol
Old 04-28-2007, 02:00 AM
Rookie

[quote="Fozzy"]Well gee.. too bad Rush was just quoting a newspaper article at the time... It was of course a liberal newspaper that used the term so I guess they just get a pass for coining the phrase?

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...opinion-center[/quote

No he wasn't...

Re-read the original post.

He was pandering to the racism of his listeners.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:36 AM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Wolfhound"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Well gee.. too bad Rush was just quoting a newspaper article at the time... It was of course a liberal newspaper that used the term so I guess they just get a pass for coining the phrase?

No he wasn't...

The song parody was based on the OP ED peice. So whats the big deal again?
Old 04-28-2007, 03:52 AM

I think a lot of people are going to start waking up to "The Reality of HUSSEIN Obama" quite quickly. After all, if you want to know what kind of person someone is, then look at whom they associate with. You have Obama hanging out with such paragons of Black Virtue as Ludacris, who advocates sexism, violence on women, "Thug"-life violence in general, liberal use of the "F"-word in his music as well as the frequent use of the "N"-word in every song. Do a GOOGLE search for some of the lyrics to this thug's music and you'll see what I mean.

Senator Obama, rapper Ludacris meet for a chat
"We talked about empowering the youth," said rapper

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15972471/

"Empowering the youth," indeed? Not hard to see what particular racial group of "youth" they are talking about, and judging from the lyrics to some of that thug's music, I'm sure they weren't chatting about singing "Cumbaya" around the campfire. This guy is pandering to the lowest kinds of scum and mire of Black Culture, the "Hip Hop" crowd, in order to get votes? Is this the kind of guy YOU want as President?

Then, you also have Obama "kickin' it" recently with his homie Al Sharpton of the Tawana Brawley and Duke LaCrosse Players fame... (gee, where is Sharpton's dismissal and apologies to the WHITE community? This guy is simply the Black David Duke, but it's sad that this race-baiter has a certain kind of legitimacy in contemporary American culture just because of the color of his skin, even though his opinions and viewpoint are just as outrageous as Duke's, but just from the other side of the spectrum.). Just for good measure sometime, go and check out the official website of Obama's church.

http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

Do a GOOGLE search on "Obama's Church" if you don't believe me, and then go back and simply replace “Black” with “White”.... and ask yourself the simple question, “Why is it OK to say One and Not the Other in Contemporary America??”

Now, again I ask you, is this the kind of person YOU want as President of the United States of America?
Old 04-28-2007, 04:09 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoutlaw
I dont like them nappy ho's either....lol
That aint right. :lol: :lol:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 04-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Wolfhound"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy

No he wasn't...

Re-read the OP ED piece and you'll look a lot less like some opportunistic leftist crybaby. The original WRITER of the piece is the one who you should be "upset" with. Of course like every other koolaide drinker, you must be completely selective in your angst..