User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One
Discussing politics in a trucking forum is pretty pointless since most are horribly ill-informed.
I hope that you are counting yourself in that group? What could possibly make you think that anything short of a good asswhooping will make the Iranians behave? Its the appeasers in the world that have gotten us into this mess in the first place.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by One
Quote:
big difference in the "diplomats" caught in the active combat zone within a foreign country and the brits who were taken hostage on the sea where GPS coordinates have already proven to be in Iraqi waters...

I hope that Tony Blair takes more historical advice from Maggy than from the Goober farmer
You seem like the only one here thats read the news article about it, instead of getting their 'insight' off the caption at the bottom of Fox 'News'. Thanks!
However, theres some issues about the borders in the gulf. Iraq and Iran had a treaty outlining the waters, but Saddam called that treaty void around 1985 and declared a large section Iraqi... so now some waters patrolled by us and Britain are disputed by Iran. What surprise that one day they decide to snag some sailors....
To be honest, the war should have started that day, when the ship sat there and watched their fellow soldiers be taken without doing anything it escalated things to this point, there should have been some smoking debris of the Iranians floating on the water and then worry about apologies later.
I agree with Fozzy. I would have hoped the Brits would have had the balls to blow the Iranians out of the water.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by One
Quote:
big difference in the "diplomats" caught in the active combat zone within a foreign country and the brits who were taken hostage on the sea where GPS coordinates have already proven to be in Iraqi waters...

I hope that Tony Blair takes more historical advice from Maggy than from the Goober farmer
You seem like the only one here thats read the news article about it, instead of getting their 'insight' off the caption at the bottom of Fox 'News'. Thanks!
However, theres some issues about the borders in the gulf. Iraq and Iran had a treaty outlining the waters, but Saddam called that treaty void around 1985 and declared a large section Iraqi... so now some waters patrolled by us and Britain are disputed by Iran. What surprise that one day they decide to snag some sailors....
To be honest, the war should have started that day, when the ship sat there and watched their fellow soldiers be taken without doing anything it escalated things to this point, there should have been some smoking debris of the Iranians floating on the water and then worry about apologies later.
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Brit:

We regret to inform you that your son/daughter was killed today by "friendly fire" while they were being held on board a ship that we blew out of the water in retaliation for them being taken hostage.

We thought it better to show force than to negotiate for their lives, so it is with great admiration that we send you their personal effects as a token of our appreciation for their sacrifice.

We really WISH that we could have negotiated with the bastards, but since we fell into the Bush camp, we found that going to war was much more expedient.

We're sure that as good patriotic Brits, you will understand and thank us.

Sincerely,

The right wing Conservatives of Britain

:roll:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:36 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I don't see Britain caving in. One would hope that Blair learned something from our own bungled history with Jimmy Carter.

There's enough evidence now with the GPS thing and with several dissidents claiming that Iran had long planned another hostage situation with Britain or American sailors in order to ease sanctions. As pissed off as we and Britain are with Iran and their dirtbag leaders, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see breaking news stories about how Britan and the United States have launched an all-out attack.

Personally, I'm sick to death of all the garbage happening over there and I know that I'm in a HEAVY majority. Someone high up is going to reach that last straw, too, and turn Iran into a glass plate. I don't advocate a nuclear strike, but at this point, I think it is inevitable and only a matter of a short time.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Board Icon

T/F: There MUST be a better way than turning innocent children into a "glass plate."

I've heard reports/suggestions of bombing their shoreline refinineries into oblivion. That would, of course, raise the price of gas, but it would cripple their allready depressed economy under the practices and attitudes of the current leadership.

This, of course, would only require conventional weapons.... not nukes!

There are other suggestions of completely shutting down their business links outside their country. This would have devastating affects on them.

I absolutely agree that it is time to get TOUGH! But, I CANNOT sanction turning innocent (democracy loving) youth into GLASS!!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Board Icon

And that's why I'm torn between bombing them and not golfhobo. The majority of the people want the sailors/soldiers given back and the leadership to get lost. It's the minority that wants to have a battle with either the US, Britian or Israel. I'd rather see a strike team go in and get these sailors/soldiers out, THEN do any retaliation but do it to the govt. Take out their govt. buildings and palaces. Then blockade their imports and exports. Cause a coup from within.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by One
Quote:

Agreed, They kidnapped those sailers right under the guns of the Cornwall <?
Should have been some dead towell heads for sure, we know Diplomacy doesn't work with these assholes.
Step up and defend yourself Britian for God's sake.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:
Originally Posted by One
Discussing politics in a trucking forum is pretty pointless since most are horribly ill-informed.
I hope that you are counting yourself in that group? What could possibly make you think that anything short of a good asswhooping will make the Iranians behave? Its the appeasers in the world that have gotten us into this mess in the first place.
If i was home every day to read the news, then Id be better off than now that I get home every other day and read the news. Now If i was OTR and had nothing but some right wing talk show host to listen to, then im sure id be like the majority here: Bomb the bastards, never mind the fallout that circles the world, nevermind the international repercussions, never mind the millions of dead because of a couple of prisioners. Nevermind the worldwide cancer epidemic that ensues.

It seems we dont learn from history! All you have to do is read several news sites a day and if you still thing war is good, then read Sun Tsu-'The art of War' and read something about the military industrial complex Eisenhower warned us about. If you still have an itch I can recommend a lot of reading, but hey-who's got time?

Theres a lot of news on XM: from Cspan to Cnn to BBC, PRI, ABC, WLW etc.etc and if you really cant help it: Fox.
A driver could easily inform himself by listening to several of those regularly but be sure to get diversity so you get the big picture.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
T/F: There MUST be a better way than turning innocent children into a "glass plate."I've heard reports/suggestions of bombing their shoreline refinineries into oblivion. That would, of course, raise the price of gas, but it would cripple their allready depressed economy under the practices and attitudes of the current leadership.

This, of course, would only require conventional weapons.... not nukes!

There are other suggestions of completely shutting down their business links outside their country. This would have devastating affects on them.

I absolutely agree that it is time to get TOUGH! But, I CANNOT sanction turning innocent (democracy loving) youth into GLASS!!
Well lets face it those kids would probbably grow up and be terriost anyway.

I don't remember the exact quote but Regan said that when we quit helping the one guy over there that it was a sin and we would not forget it.