User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog2036
Which is the way it should be.......CIA? U.S. Intelligence? Now thats laughable. I do believe Israel will do what it needs to do without regard for what the world thinks...good for them.
Bulldog: I have NEVER blamed, nor shown lack of support for, the soldier in the foxhole, for the political/strategic failings of his/her Commander.

And, I'm sure YOU don't mean to demean the efforts and abilities of the professional soldiers, of all branches, who serve to collect and analyze the "intelligence" they collect (often at great risk of life,) based on the misuse of it by politicians/presidents.

If it were NOT for the dedication and professionalism of U.S. military intelligence units, MANY more soldiers, sailors, marines, and pilots would have died in this and all other wars.

Likewise, if it were NOT for the dedication, professionalism and sacrifice of EVERY soldier who ever pounded the sand and carried a rifle, we might not have been alive to "serve."

I'm sure you agree with me on this, and I am NOT preaching to you. IMHO, YOU are a shining example of the free minded American soldier, that separates US from the "lockstep" minions of our enemies!

It's just that I must stand up in defense of MY comrades, both living and dead.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:22 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm just frustrated with our presumed lack of progress with our current situation in the world, not just Iraq but Afghanistan, N. Korea, Iran...well you get the picture. I fear for the safety of my family , your family and all families that put their trust in a government that seemingly can't get it together and work for the betterment of its own citizens. I served my country proudly and will always carry the title of "Marine" and uphold what that title means. I don't know you 'hobo but you seem like the kind of cat that I can relate to in many ways. I respect any disagreement you may have with any of my posts as this is what this forum is for, good 'ol fashioned tete a tete. God Bless you and your family...be cool and stay safe brother....bd.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:10 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog2036
I'm just frustrated with our presumed lack of progress with our current situation in the world, not just Iraq but Afghanistan, N. Korea, Iran...well you get the picture. I fear for the safety of my family , your family and all families that put their trust in a government that seemingly can't get it together and work for the betterment of its own citizens. I served my country proudly and will always carry the title of "Marine" and uphold what that title means. I don't know you 'hobo but you seem like the kind of cat that I can relate to in many ways. I respect any disagreement you may have with any of my posts as this is what this forum is for, good 'ol fashioned tete a tete. God Bless you and your family...be cool and stay safe brother....bd.
Thanks, Bulldog! I KNEW we didn't have a problem here. Like you said, just making a head to head point! :lol:

The Marines, or any other branch of service, ARE not, have not and WILL not EVER be the problem! It IS, as you say, the "administration" of this country and its constitutional principles.

AND it is their "isolation" from the desires of the governed. I grew up thinking that Americans wanted PEACE in the world. Now, I am surrounded by NEO-CONS who seem to ONLY want WAR and domination. We are TOO proud to ASK our fellow humans just WHAT it is about us that they don't like. What can we do, within certain boundaries, that will make you "admire" us, instead of HATE us??

I'll say it AGAIN.... Bin Laden HIMSELF has said it.... the SIGNAL reason (I HATE that word, but is the proper one) for this conflict, and 9-11, was the presence of American Troops on Saudi Arabian soil!!!! We could have done ANYTHING BUT that, in our war against Saddam in '91, and 9-11 MIGHT have been averted, and thereby.... this entire Iraqi War!

If we continue to show NO reverence or respect for the SACRED religions of others in this world, we will FOREVER be at war with them! The religious hyperbole that governs our OWN leaders should "inform" us that others feel the same way! What is so Friggin' hard to understand about THAT?? :roll:

We think we have some GOD GIVEN RIGHT!!! Well, God HIMSELF said that he is the god of ALL people!!! The peoples of the Middle East lived for THOUSANDS of years with only minor wars. It was only the religious crusades of the GOD FEARING English, followed by US, that has upset the balance of peace in the World!

In a mere 100 years or so, we have thrown the balance of peace on God's earth into a cauldron of firey MUCK!! On this point.... I wholeheartedly agree with FOZZY!!! :shock: :shock:

I am not embarrassed by our intelligence agencies. I am embarrassed and PISSED OFF by the ignorance and arrogance of our leadership!!!

And MANY "God fearing" and Patriotic Democrats feel the same way! And many of US joined the volunteer military in this country, while many sons of Republicans stayed HOME! Our blood runs JUST as red! And ANYONE who questions the patriotism of a Democrat who SERVED, if HE has not done so himself or even if he DID, can kiss my AMERICAN AZZ!!

(Bulldog, I'm sure you realize that last part was beyond our discussion! :lol: )

Hobo - that's right... "I" said it!!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
So, I just read about the British folks that just got released. I'm starting to understand this thread. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
What??? Get Sirius!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J/K!!!! :wink:
I got Sirius. I love it. Man, so many channels to choose from. :P :lol:

http://watsonsysco.com/