User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2007, 01:47 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy
But, you being a Canadian, I appreciate the fact that you have decided that it is okay for me to exercise my American rights. Is there something that I can likewise do for you?

You pompous, arrogant ass. Yes, there is something you can do for me. You can start practising what you preach. Following is another smart ass comment made by yourself:

Your "people skills" are amazing! Did you learn them in Canadian Kindergarten? I give in turn to what I get. I can't help the fact that sometimes people make stupid statements like "I give you (an American) permission to exercise your rights." Perhaps, if one thought about what they were saying before they said it, I wouldn't be so "intrigued." Pompous? No, I don't think so. Arrogant? I CAN achieve that level if I try. Mostly, I just look for statements that beg for an argument. YOU seem to be a goldmine! At least I rarely descend to the level of name calling, which seems to be your forte.

Coastie, you've been in the PI too long! Come back to America and learn what is going on before you open your mouth.

You're absolutely right! I shouldn't have told him not to open his mouth! That was very "Canadian" of me! But, it seemed to me that HE, like some others here, want to tell us all about what is happening in America, when they are not even here to experience it!

PS I'll be moving to the states too. My fiancee is American. And when we're able to afford it, I'll bring her back to Canada.

I wish you GREAT financial success!! :lol: And in case you missed my sarcasm.... don't let the border gate hit you in the arse on the way out! [God help me.... I just can't resist a open invitation like that!]

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo

Greg, you and I agree on many things, so I don't wish to alienate you. But, I must disagree with your stance on voting.

As for these two or three that are namecalling.... I can't even keep it straight anymore, and don't really care to.

Bulldog is a MARINE VET, and he says he's tired of voting. I respect his decision (real or not) to abstain from voting.... and I don't DARE question his credentials.

Y'all may not agree with my stance on this... so be it. But, I never voted when I was younger, for the same reasons mentioned here about no candidate representing my beliefs. My first vote was for Clinton, because I could BELIEVE what he said! Had I been of age, I would've voted for Kennedy. I might have voted for Reagan, but I didn't. Neither did I vote against him!

But, I will NOT stand by and continue to listen to this crap that "if you don't vote, you've got no right to complain." That is total B.S.!!!

Voting is a priviledge and a right. It is NOT compulsory! NOT in THIS free country! Likewise, free speech is a RIGHT.... NOT to be infringed for any reason.

The SAME Constitution that gives me the RIGHT to vote, gives me the right NOT to.... AND the right to complain regardless!! And if you don't believe it.... quote me the REG!!!

I get sick of people "cherry picking" the Constitution to support THEIR beliefs about what I should or should NOT do! If you have a valid arguement against those who don't vote... let's hear it. But, don't TELL me I don't have a RIGHT to free speech JUST because I chose NOT to vote! I've got a RIGHT to own property and guns. The fact that I don't own either does NOT abridge my right to complain about the housing market or the gun violence in this country.

All that being said, I think it is important to vote. But, it is NOT compulsory, nor a prerequisite of my right to free speech. These blanket statements about non voters having to "zip it up" is akin to calling ALL Dems "tree hugging terrorists" or all Conservatives "Bible thumping Neanderthals."

They only prove the limits of the narrow mind that espouses them. And I think YOU are above that.

BTW.... I didn't DIE to protect my rights, but I DID risk my life in the military. And I won't let ANYONE tell me I don't have the rights that the Constitution has given me. And isn't it interesting, that the very FIRST right enumerated in the Bill of Rights is that of FREE SPEECH. Doesn't say a Da*n word about having to VOTE to get that right!
I agree that everyone has the right to vote or not to vote. But by not voting, are you really helping your country? I vote Republican, mostly because they have the same beliefs that I do. But there are things that they do that annoy the hell out of me too. But when compared to Democrats, the Republicans are more in line with my thinking.

Plus, I will never vote for a candidate who is for gun control. I'm not a gun toting maniac with a garage full of guns and a bunker under the house. But I do enjoy shooting at the range and I was raised by a father who also enjoyed doing the same. I believe strongly in the right to bears arms just as much as voting. Because by the power of voting, the Republicans have been able to fight off the Dems on gun control.

Most importantly, I believe that by not voting we will loose the power of the people. I really believe that politicians would love to whittle away the power of the people. We as a country need to hold politicians accountable. The only way to do this is to vote. It is the only way to hold they accountable!

If you don't believe the politicians can strip your right to vote, go ask any convicted felon, someone dishonorably discharged by the military or someone convicted of domestic violence. By the way that domestic violence is retro active to the law being passed. So much for double jeopardy.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:
But, you being a Canadian, I appreciate the fact that you have decided that it is okay for me to exercise my American rights. Is there something that I can likewise do for you?

You pompous, arrogant ass. Yes, there is something you can do for me. You can start practising what you preach. Following is another smart ass comment made by yourself:

Your "people skills" are amazing! Did you learn them in Canadian Kindergarten? I give in turn to what I get. I can't help the fact that sometimes people make stupid statements like "I give you (an American) permission to exercise your rights." Perhaps, if one thought about what they were saying before they said it, I wouldn't be so "intrigued." Pompous? No, I don't think so. Arrogant? I CAN achieve that level if I try. Mostly, I just look for statements that beg for an argument. YOU seem to be a goldmine! At least I rarely descend to the level of name calling, which seems to be your forte.

Coastie, you've been in the PI too long! Come back to America and learn what is going on before you open your mouth.

You're absolutely right! I shouldn't have told him not to open his mouth! That was very "Canadian" of me! But, it seemed to me that HE, like some others here, want to tell us all about what is happening in America, when they are not even here to experience it!

PS I'll be moving to the states too. My fiancee is American. And when we're able to afford it, I'll bring her back to Canada.

I wish you GREAT financial success!! :lol: And in case you missed my sarcasm.... don't let the border gate hit you in the arse on the way out! [God help me.... I just can't resist a open invitation like that!]
Are you really an idiot or do you try hard to act like one? Your sarcasm sucks too. I did better than that when I was 9. Many years ago too.

I could care less what the United States OFFICIAL stance on global warming is.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Board Icon

Hoosierdaddy said:

Quote:
Are you really an idiot or do you try hard to act like one?
I only play one on T.V...... What's YOUR excuse? :wink:

Quote:
Your sarcasm sucks too. I did better than that when I was 9. Many years ago too.
Obviously, not TOO many. :roll:

Old 03-18-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Hoosierdaddy said:

Quote:

Quote:
Your sarcasm sucks too. I did better than that when I was 9. Many years ago too.
Both predictable responses. Yep, your sarcasm sucks. What was it you said to me three days after the fact? Stop arguing on the forums and take it to PMs...something to that affect. Take your own advice. I'm more than willing to take this to PM but if you can't handle it, then that's ok. There's no shame in wimping out. At least follow your own advice though. :roll:

End of public discussion. Sorry to waste people's time.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Hoosierdaddy said:

Quote:

Quote:
Both predictable responses. Yep, your sarcasm sucks. What was it you said to me three days after the fact? Stop arguing on the forums and take it to PMs...something to that affect. Take your own advice. I'm more than willing to take this to PM but if you can't handle it, then that's ok. There's no shame in wimping out. At least follow your own advice though. :roll:

No it was me who said take it to PM. Get a clue and get a life. All you're going to do is get threads locked. :roll:

Old 03-18-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Quote:
Hoosierdaddy said:

Quote:

Quote:

No it was me who said take it to PM. Get a clue and get a life. All you're going to do is get threads locked. :roll:
Pot meet kettle. And then smack yourself with it.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Quote:
Hoosierdaddy said:

Quote:

Quote:

Pot meet kettle. And then smack yourself with it.
Whatver dude. Show me where I've been fighting with anyone here.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Board Regular

Buy guns, buy ammo, stack'em deep.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Board Icon

Greg said:

Quote:
And since when do we as Americans care about what the Mexican government thinks of our border policies? We need to worry about our own problems first, not a foreign country. Mexico's President likens the proposed border wall to the Berlin Wall. What the hell?

Quote:
Calderon has lambasted the fence — a mix of physical and high-tech barriers. He likens it to the Berlin Wall, and argues that both countries need to improve Mexico’s economy to lessen the desire to seek work in the United States.
So now this Incompetent, who has done NOTHING for his own people, is saying America is like a Communist nation who builds a wall to keep its own dissatisfied citizenry inside??

Look at what he is saying! He's ASSUMING that Mexicans - even the ones who are still THERE - are somehow allready American Ciizens and are being kept out of a place that somehow allready BELONGS to them??? :shock: :roll:

I can't believe Bush, or his trained monkey Secretary of State, didn't lambast him right BACK for making such a statement!!!