User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2007, 03:29 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Ahh Home sweet home, Wait a sec what was that?

So This last week went by pretty quick I finally got some decent miles, Saturday went off without a hitch till I got back to the yard. I made a round around the hogan earth city yard. Just looking for a easy spot to back into, Picked one out backed in set the brakes. Got to the landing gear started cranking when...........

Out of no where my truck gets hit :shock: ..... Wait not just hit and stop but kept going.. About 10 feet... A new driver just got in his own truck was looking for a spot.

The one next to me was open. He got a little ahead of himself with his set up and hit my truck with the trl. He forgot about the trl we was towing :lol: . So now mines in the shop again :sad: . I didn't give him a hard time, He was getting worried he would lose his job.

Moral of the story check your mirrors, don't forget about that trl behind you, ya that one in your mirror.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:27 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Ahh Home sweet home, Wait a sec what was that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtc_Is_Hell
Moral of the story check your mirrors, don't forget about that trl behind you, ya that one in your mirror.
Yup. I did this myself after I had been driving who knows how many years. We were all supposed to park up one side of the lot, with the other side for drop trailers coming in and out from common carriers. We weren't supposed to park our tractors in that row, but we had one driver who liked to park there, because it was an easy straight back.

So I came in one night, tired has hell, and started jacking into the hole at the far end. KERWHAM!!! I smashed the hell out of Ken's truck, sure as the world.

Called my boss, and we spent a few hours beating out the dents together until 3:00 in the morning or something. (That was a cabover with metal in front, not a fiberglass hood, incidentally.) He wasn't pissed, amazingly. "Serves him right. I told Ken no to park on that row. I bet he won't park there again, will he?"

I miss that boss.

But I still should have looked in the @#%@% mirror!!!