User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 03:22 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
There are many moderate and liberal GOP I dont agree with. Foley was one of them. I had no control over him being elected or not. IM not in FL.
I dont know why you are trying to make foley a political argument. Foley doesnt represent all the GOP....just like the many Democrats who have been busted, dont represent the democrats. You are glad to see Foley go, I am glad to see Foley go. For once the left and right agree on something. THERE IS NO ARGUMENT HERE. I do find it funny that the democrats are trying to take credit for this when it was his FELLOW GOP WHO TURNED HIM IN.
I thought the page sent the emails to ABC news. ABC news broke the story. No Republican that I know of mentioned it prior to having to say something because he'd already resigned.

Please would you post the name of the FELLOW GOP WHO TURNED HIM IN.
Karen Kline
Old 10-03-2006, 04:27 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consider
Quote:
I do find it funny that the democrats are trying to take credit for this when it was his FELLOW GOP WHO TURNED HIM IN.
I thought the page sent the emails to ABC news. ABC news broke the story. No Republican that I know of mentioned it prior to having to say something because he'd already resigned.

Please would you post the name of the FELLOW GOP WHO TURNED HIM IN.
Democrats aren't trying to take credit for ANY of this. But, they ARE trying to make HAY out of it! :lol:

NO GOP member "turned him in." ABC confronted him with the emails. At first, they only had some "lame" ones. He tried to bluff his way through it. THEN, other pages contacted ABC news with WORSE ones. When they confronted him with THESE, he resigned on the spot!

The GOP leadership, and MANY who were involved in the PAGE program, KNEW about Foley as early as 2001. They even WARNED the '02 class of pages to stay away from him. But... they continued to ignore and cover up for FIVE YEARS!! And, only NOW, are trying to distance themselves from him. [and ONLY because of the upcoming elections!]

Cowards! Cheats! Liars! Accomplices in Pedophilia!! Criminals! Civil Terrorists! Scumbags! I'm SICK to my "patriotic" heart of them!!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Once again....No need to argue about Foley, Im glad hes gone. And if it is found out that Hassert knew of the more serious emails, I think he should be gone too. But, you still didnt give us any good reason to vote democrat. So a few GOP congressmen messed up. Quite a few deomcrats have been caught in criminal acts too. Can you honestly say if tomorrow, hillary clinton is caught trying to get with some 15 year old...or perhaps barney frank gets caught doing the same thing, thats going to make you vote coonservative?
ITS ABOUT THE ISSUES!!!!
The question still stands if you can answer.....What do the democrats offer to make my life better? Why should a conservative like me vote democrat? Why should anyone on this board vote democrat? What is the democrats plan for illegal aliens. What is the democrats plan to maintain this great economy? If I vote democrat, how is that going to make my investments have a better return? Come on you said the democrats "care about people" How so?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Senior Board Member

here...I will make it real easy for you. This is a good question and relavant to this board.

How do the democrats plan on making the truck driving industry better?

I can give you an example how they arent. Right now in Congress there is a bill called the Transportation Equity Act. Its a GOP sponsered bill....Some democrats are for this bill....but many are against it.
It has quite a few provisions in the bill which will help the trucking industry. From better truck parking....to assigned lanes on highways just for trucks.

I heard a story last night that was pretty interesting. IT seems the State democrats in Oregan are a little concerned that people buying economy cars are hurting their tax revenue. It seems that they feel that people that drive gas guzzling SUVs are better sources of taxes. Their proposal is to get rid of the gas tax and create a "tax per mile" for everyone. Therefore those "evil people" who drive economy cars will pay more taxes. Yep, the democrats sure care about the people.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Once again....No need to argue about Foley, Im glad hes gone. And if it is found out that Hassert knew of the more serious emails, I think he should be gone too. But, you still didnt give us any good reason to vote democrat. So a few GOP congressmen messed up. Quite a few deomcrats have been caught in criminal acts too. Can you honestly say if tomorrow, hillary clinton is caught trying to get with some 15 year old...or perhaps barney frank gets caught doing the same thing, thats going to make you vote coonservative?
ITS ABOUT THE ISSUES!!!!
The question still stands if you can answer.....What do the democrats offer to make my life better? Why should a conservative like me vote democrat? Why should anyone on this board vote democrat? What is the democrats plan for illegal aliens. What is the democrats plan to maintain this great economy? If I vote democrat, how is that going to make my investments have a better return? Come on you said the democrats "care about people" How so?
Okay... the economy? Here's what AP is saying this morning...
Quote:
Stocks Fall Modestly in Morning Trade
AP - Stocks edged lower Tuesday as Wall Street remained jittery about the state of the economy amid concerns it has cooled too quickly.
If you will think back, you will recall that the economy was so bad last election that it looked as if the Republicans would lose on that account.

So, what did they do, they hustled out the fear agenda and raised the fear alert to Red or Orange... and told people about how the War was the only thing keeping them safe.

Right?

Remember that? Bush pulling out the photos from 9/11.

Well, now there's a lot clearer perspective on all of that. It looks as if the rush to war was not wise, not good for the country, though indeed good for Halliburton higher ups, not Halliburton lower downs, but Cheney... he did okay.
Karen Kline
Old 10-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Senior Board Member

ahh yes....in your democrat mind there is no terrorist threat. Anytime we go to a higher state of alert its just because the GOP wants votes. The Islamic extreemists wouldnt dare try to attack us. They just want to be our friends and the only thing they want is hugs.
It couldnt be that right before an election is a good time to attack so we have to be aware. It couldnt be that terrorists would rather have someone in power like Clinton who was WEAK on terrorism.
I tell you, its all one big vast right wing conspiracy. There are no terrorists.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
AP - Stocks edged lower Tuesday as Wall Street remained jittery about the state of the economy amid concerns it has cooled too quickly.
Kind of funny how the media reports things like this. But they seem to be a little slow reporting that since this story came out this morning the stock market has been going up.
Hmmmmmm....I wonder why?
Old 10-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
ahh yes....in your democrat mind there is no terrorist threat. Anytime we go to a higher state of alert its just because the GOP wants votes. The Islamic extreemists wouldnt dare try to attack us. They just want to be our friends and the only thing they want is hugs.
It couldnt be that right before an election is a good time to attack so we have to be aware. It couldnt be that terrorists would rather have someone in power like Clinton who was WEAK on terrorism.
I tell you, its all one big vast right wing conspiracy. There are no terrorists.
You don't sound genuine.
Karen Kline
Old 10-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Kind of funny how the media reports things like this. But they seem to be a little slow reporting that since this story came out this morning the stock market has been going up.
Hmmmmmm....I wonder why?
Do you think it's a conspiracy? Once the newspapers saw your post they wanted to make the stock market look worse than it is?

Or, do you think it could be that I posted, and then things changed?

See, with real things there are changes.

With unreal things, like the reasons for going to war in Iraq, there is little change because they are based on static lies.

State of Denial?????
Karen Kline
Old 10-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
here...I will make it real easy for you.

Thanks. I'm kinda busy today and don't have time to research, cut and paste the Democratic platform for ya. :wink:

This is a good question and relavant to this board.

How do the democrats plan on making the truck driving industry better?

I can give you an example how they arent. Right now in Congress there is a bill called the Transportation Equity Act. Its a GOP sponsered bill....Some democrats are for this bill....but many are against it.
It has quite a few provisions in the bill which will help the trucking industry. From better truck parking....to assigned lanes on highways just for trucks.

Obviously, I haven't researched this yet, but I can't help wondering 2 things: HOW the GOP expects Americans to pay for this and, how much GOP pork has been written into the bill. That might explain the Dem opposition to it. I don't know at this time.

I heard a story last night that was pretty interesting. IT seems the State democrats in Oregan are a little concerned that people buying economy cars are hurting their tax revenue. It seems that they feel that people that drive gas guzzling SUVs are better sources of taxes. Their proposal is to get rid of the gas tax and create a "tax per mile" for everyone. Therefore those "evil people" who drive economy cars will pay more taxes.

You "heard" a story? Was it a news report? Fox or CNN? Or was it an opinion based account, told by one Conservative to another, to another, then to you? It just doesn't sound believable to me... in the fashion you are telling it. Perhaps they find that taxing gas puts a higher burden on those who choose to drive SUV's and that many poorer Dems can't afford to have such cars because of the increased taxes due to lower gas mileage. Maybe, they just want to make it FAIR to everyone by taxing the actual usage of the highways. Again... I haven't researched the actual facts of this bill.

Yep, the democrats sure care about the people.

Yes, they do. The Cons say, "if you are in need, don't look to the government for fair and equal treatment. Go beg from some 'faith based' group."

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.