Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Vote the Incumbents out? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/20712-vote-incumbents-out.html)

Fozzy 09-22-2006 06:56 AM

OH BOY! Who wants more political spam? As for term limits, they are not Constitutional and have been stricken down every time. If you hate YOUR incumbent, than attempt to vote them out. If I happen to like my representation, then my first amendment rights of fredom of politcal speech (by silencing my vote for the person I want) is threatened. It always amazes me why people want to effect everyone else's political choices when a good 70% of the people here are too damn lazy or stupid to vote themselves. :roll:

Consider 09-22-2006 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozzy
OH BOY! Who wants more political spam? As for term limits, they are not Constitutional and have been stricken down every time. If you hate YOUR incumbent, than attempt to vote them out. If I happen to like my representation, then my first amendment rights of fredom of politcal speech (by silencing my vote for the person I want) is threatened. It always amazes me why people want to effect everyone else's political choices when a good 70% of the people here are too damn lazy or stupid to vote themselves. :roll:

Okay, what am I missing here? How is that (the part in bold)? How does voting out an incumbent affect your rights...????

If you don't want to put a lid on corruption, then don't vote any incumbent out... isn't that your choice no matter what my choice is?

Have you looked at this web site? This is the Million Vet March... I respect them.

bulldog2036 09-22-2006 07:06 PM

..."Vote for me and I'll set you free"...isn't that the way it goes?...

NascarFan 09-22-2006 11:36 PM

Vote for me.

I'll raise income taxes to 98.6%.

I'll somehow raise gas prices to $5.00 a gallon.

And the most important I will never let another hurricaine hit New Orleans.

Consider 09-23-2006 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NascarFan
Vote for me.

I'll raise income taxes to 98.6%.

I'll somehow raise gas prices to $5.00 a gallon.

And the most important I will never let another hurricaine hit New Orleans.

Funny, I wrote this whole thing about how you were in, and I totally believed you... because I was so excited about your hurricane promise. Then I realized I'd gotten so excited that I'd forgotten the first two things you were going to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder some of these guys get in... they are the result of short term memory loss. I bet they pay for Tums ads, to reduce stomach acid and therefore the amount of B12 in all those people...

:sad:

yoopr 09-23-2006 04:07 AM

Political Spam
Adios

Consider 09-23-2006 04:31 AM

Hi,
Okay, I'm thinking about it for several minutes and I'm surprised. I'm unclear.

I guess if I was thinking about political spam I'd be thinking it was for a particular candidate.

This is more about an idea...

though I forget that there is the candidate mentioned in the post.

I think of this post as being about asserting our "power" as voters. To me, if we voted people out, they'd be much more aware of us as voters. this way, the way it is now, incumbents tend to be returned over and over again.

I don't know. It never occurred to me that it was spam...

Highwayman 09-26-2006 04:49 AM

It is my personal policy to vote against every and all incumbents regardless of party or how much I like them.

Political office was never meant to be a career.

Consider 09-26-2006 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highwayman
It is my personal policy to vote against every and all incumbents regardless of party or how much I like them.

I am very impressed.
I wish I had been doing as you say!

oregontrucker 10-01-2006 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highwayman

No, it wasn't for sure. But that's what it's become.