User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog2036
..."Vote for me and I'll set you free"...isn't that the way it goes?...
just like a "ball of confusion..." MAN!! You got me lookin' for my old 8 tracks! :lol: :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog2036
..."Vote for me and I'll set you free"...isn't that the way it goes?...
just like a "ball of confusion..." MAN!! You got me lookin' for my old 8 tracks! :lol: :lol:
I have no idea what this means...

But, I like it. (It's only rock and roll, but I like it!)

That's what comes to mind...
Karen Kline
Old 10-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
OH BOY! Who wants more political spam? As for term limits, they are not Constitutional and have been stricken down every time. If you hate YOUR incumbent, than attempt to vote them out. If I happen to like my representation, then my first amendment rights of fredom of politcal speech (by silencing my vote for the person I want) is threatened. It always amazes me why people want to effect everyone else's political choices when a good 70% of the people here are too damn lazy or stupid to vote themselves. :roll:
Okay.... I'm a little confused again. Is this a response to some other thread? Or just a new discussion? [Reason I'm confused is that the index says Consider authored this thread, but the FIRST post I see, is the one by Fozzy that I quoted above] ....Anyway....

How can term limits be unconstitutional for Congressmen, and not so for Presidents?

I certainly understand your point, Fozzy, about how your "right to vote" might be threatened (not sure it actually amounts to infringing your 1st ammendment rights.) That's a good point. But, sometimes we all have to sacrifice to preserve the integrity of our Representatives. Believe me... I would have LOVED to have had the right to cast another vote for Clinton for President!

It may not be MY representation that I WANT voted out. It may be YOUR representative who is the crook, liar and PAC patsy. And I don't have any power over HIM under the current situation. And, for the very reason you stated, that 70% of HIS constituents may not care enough to vote him out, MY life continues to be affected by the government that he continues to corrupt.

IF... by chance, this thread is in anyway tied to the ideas I posted under the "NEW LAWS" thread....

This is why I want to keep the "blood" turning over. Your representative, MY representative, ANY representative can too easily stay in office by raising big bucks to create fancy ads that LIE to those who DO have a vote for him.... AND the special interests that back him can buy votes, or intimidate votes.

I don't so much want to "affect" your political choices, as much as I want to ensure the overall integrity of the "system" that makes the laws that we ALL have to live under.

Old 10-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
OH BOY! Who wants more political spam? As for term limits, they are not Constitutional and have been stricken down every time. If you hate YOUR incumbent, than attempt to vote them out. If I happen to like my representation, then my first amendment rights of fredom of politcal speech (by silencing my vote for the person I want) is threatened. It always amazes me why people want to effect everyone else's political choices when a good 70% of the people here are too damn lazy or stupid to vote themselves. :roll:
Okay.... I'm a little confused again. Is this a response to some other thread? Or just a new discussion? Anyway....

How can term limits be unconstitutional for Congressmen, and not so for Presidents?

I certainly understand your point, Fozzy, about how your "right to vote" might be threatened (not sure it actually amounts to infringing your 1st ammendment rights.) That's a good point. But, sometimes we all have to sacrifice to preserve the integrity of our Representatives. Believe me... I would have LOVED to have had the right to cast another vote for Clinton for President!

It may not be MY representation that I WANT voted out. It may be YOUR representative who is the crook, liar and PAC patsy. And I don't have any power over HIM under the current situation. And, for the very reason you stated, that 70% of HIS constituents may not care enough to vote him out, MY life continues to be affected by the government that he continues to corrupt.

IF... by chance, this thread is in anyway tied to the ideas I posted under the "NEW LAWS" thread....

This is why I want to keep the "blood" turning over. Your representative, MY representative, ANY representative can too easily stay in office by raising big bucks to create fancy ads that LIE to those who DO have a vote for him.... AND the special interests that back him can buy votes, or intimidate votes.

I don't so much want to "affect" your political choices, as much as I want to ensure the overall integrity of the "system" that makes the laws that we ALL have to live under.
Ah, I'm off to find the NEW LAWS thread...
Karen Kline
Old 10-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Board Icon

Well... FOLEY DOWN.... one less Conservative, Moral Majority, Holier than Thou Republican to "unseat" this fall!

Like my friend said today.... At least Clinton was inclined toward "of age" WOMEN!!!! :shock: :lol:

What part of.... GAY, CRIMINAL acts against MALE children, covered up by Republican Leadership, do the voters of this country NOT understand???

And yet, they wonder why Dems don't TRUST everything they say about the motivations for going to war against IRAQ!!!

Thank GOD (or whomever) for Bob Woodward!! Without him, we'd NEVER have known what Nixon was prepared to do to keep the POWER. And would never have learned to be suspicious of Republicans in general!!

I can't WAIT to see how FOXNews spins THIS one! :roll:

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely." And.... Morally imposed, sexual frustration leads to Sexual DEVIANCE!!!

Um.... how 'bout it Scoe?? Am I in the right forum for THIS one?

Hobo

Old 10-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey Mr. Hobo, like your style. Yes, I got that line from the song because it says so much about how politicians spin their campaigns to weave the web of the black widow to lure in the sheeple and after he/she is voted in they eat us alive. LIES, LIES, LIES.......
Old 10-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Well... FOLEY DOWN.... one less Conservative, Moral Majority, Holier than Thou Republican to "unseat" this fall!

Like my friend said today.... At least Clinton was inclined toward "of age" WOMEN!!!! :shock: :lol:

What part of.... GAY, CRIMINAL acts against MALE children, covered up by Republican Leadership, do the voters of this country NOT understand???

And yet, they wonder why Dems don't TRUST everything they say about the motivations for going to war against IRAQ!!!

Thank GOD (or whomever) for Bob Woodward!! Without him, we'd NEVER have known what Nixon was prepared to do to keep the POWER. And would never have learned to be suspicious of Republicans in general!!

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely." And.... Morally imposed, sexual frustration leads to Sexual DEVIANCE!!!

Hobo
Actually Foley wasnt conservative at all. He was a very liberal republican. Pro choice, pro gay rights, pro welfare, anti corporate....His voting record was more like a democrat. Many people feel that the only reason he called himself a republican was to get elected in a VERY GOP FL county.
He is about as GOP as Lieberman was Democrat.
As a republican, I hate to lose that seat....As a Conservative, im glad to see him go.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Hobo
Whew... well said. Indeed.

I really agree with you about morally imposed frustration leading to sexual deviance.

There was a book my friend had, she's part Indian, about when the missionaries came. I think it was called something like, Jesuits, Crosses and Corn Maidens. Anyway, it described how the Indians, I think it was the Pueblo Indians, had very open attitudes toward sex. So when they did certain dances, the women (these are not the eagle type dances we get in the movies) would dance so that their bare bottoms showed to the men, they would bend over, I guess, and dance before the man they wanted to sleep with, or were married to, I forget.

Well, it did not go down well with the missionaries. They were so jealous, to say the least.

Then, have you ever gone to the Hopi villages, I forget the name of the really old one. Well, if you go there they tell a story of a missionary who was very popular until there were a lot of babies being born with light skin and hair. I think they pointed out to me where he was buried, but I may not be remembering that part right.

My main argument with the Bible is it's portrayal of women... for every time a woman is described as a mother, wife or sister, there are at least ten harangues about who___s. It's just so unbalanced. I think it gives the impression that women are bad. (Now where's that pet peeve thread?)
Karen Kline
Old 10-03-2006, 12:31 AM
Board Icon

Sheepdancer said: Um.... you got BOOTS for that name?

Actually Foley wasnt conservative at all. He was a very liberal republican. Pro choice, pro gay rights, pro welfare, anti corporate....His voting record was more like a democrat.

TYPICAL "disassociative response" from a Moral Majoritist. "Oh... he wasn't REALLY one of US!" "He was a SINNER, so he was more like the Democrats!" Puhleeze!

Many people feel that the only reason he called himself a republican was to get elected in a VERY GOP FL county.

So... in other words, like MOST Republicans, he was willing to LIE and CHEAT to STEAL a seat in the HOUSE?

He is about as GOP as Lieberman was Democrat.

Lieberman was Democratic enough to be the V.P. candidate on the 2000 ticket. Why is it inconceivable to Republicans that Democrats might be PRO-military, or in favor of kicking terrorist's butts?? Or for that matter, that we might follow our conscience at times, even if it is against the Party Line?

As a republican, I hate to lose that seat....As a Conservative, im glad to see him go.

Funny, you didn't mention how you felt as an American who cares about the YOUTH of this country, or the decency of those in power. But, it's not your fault... I'm SURE you haven't received the memo yet from your corrupt Republican leadership telling you HOW you should feel, or vote!

Don't worry too much about losing THAT seat. You will soon lose enough seats to change the power structure in this country back to those who CARE about the people!

And the World will be better for it.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:17 AM
Senior Board Member

There are many moderate and liberal GOP I dont agree with. Foley was one of them. I had no control over him being elected or not. IM not in FL.
I dont know why you are trying to make foley a political argument. Foley doesnt represent all the GOP....just like the many Democrats who have been busted, dont represent the democrats. You are glad to see Foley go, I am glad to see Foley go. For once the left and right agree on something. THERE IS NO ARGUMENT HERE. I do find it funny that the democrats are trying to take credit for this when it was his FELLOW GOP WHO TURNED HIM IN.

As far as taking the "power" away from us.....we will see. The #1 reason people in this country vote is the ECONOMY and no matter how you democrats try to spin it, this economy is great. I havent heard the democrats offer any solutions to anything. They are still trying to run the "BUSH IS DUMB" campaign. Its worked so well for you all in other elections...Keep up the good work...I swear it will work this time.

You said the democrats "care about the people" Explain to me if you can, what the democrats offer me.....after all, Im a person. Surely they care about me. Hey...Im all about my life being better. Explain to me how the democrats plan to put more money in my middle class pocket?