LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2005, 01:03 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Dogs Rule
More stories DOC pleasssssssssse
Be patient neighbour to the East, I have a lot of events going on all at once and one is not so good...

I can print one happy event: The XYL and I are going to be Grandparents!!! (Careful Heavenbound!!! :P )

More stories and other tales of the twisted Two Lane will be arriving straight away!!!

Far Out: Page 39

Old 06-16-2005, 01:23 AM
Board Regular

I had a problem like that with a 4 wheeler south of Green Bay coming home with some fellow Yooper Truck drivers--We boxed him in and took him all the way to where the Freeway ended and then we had to let him go.

Yooper, i can see you squeezing on off the bridge between troll world and yooper land, That probably would explain the Yugo a few years ago?

Dotor who, PLEASE more stories....
Old 06-16-2005, 02:39 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Dogs Rule
More stories DOC pleasssssssssse
Be patient neighbour to the East, I have a lot of events going on all at once and one is not so good...

I can print one happy event: The XYL and I are going to be Grandparents!!! (Careful Heavenbound!!! :P )

More stories and other tales of the twisted Two Lane will be arriving straight away!!!

Far Out: Page 39
Hmm how many people here would like to see the old granpa for real??? Just kidding Doc! Congrats on the Grand Baby :P
Old 06-16-2005, 06:26 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Hmm how many people here would like to see the old granpa for real???
If Doc wears his pink hat and pink feather boa, we should probably get started on a fund for early psychiatric help for the grandchild.

Old 06-17-2005, 12:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
If Doc wears his pink hat and pink feather boa, we should probably get started on a fund for early psychiatric help for the grandchild.
Better start now

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??? Part 7

On the ride home this evening we, co-worker and I, were traveling along one of the, many, back roads in eastern NC when we came upon a RED Freightliner Columbia blocking the road.
It would seem the driver "backed" out of his driveway and into the ditch on the opposite side. What a comedy scene that followed, the local LEO who, was in front of us, was explaining to the driver that he will call a wrecker if the vehicle could not crawl out on its own.

First; this was the first time I've seen an US Express truck up close and was surprised to find with the Auto drive there wasn't a differential lock on this 'Liner. As can be imagined, the driver frustration level was at a fever pitch as was the LEO's.

Finally, after about 20 minutes of getting no where I told the driver to slide over and let me have a whack at the Auto drive. What an interesting set up US Exp has. Anyway, I lowered the air suspension put the transmission in low and walked the Columbia out and back in to the dudes driveway.

As we departed, the LEO told the driver to try backing into his drive the next time. I asked the LEO if that would be such a wise move since the driver managed to fall into one ditch!!!
Never a dull moment.....

Old 06-19-2005, 04:30 AM
Rookie

Quote:
I had a problem like that with a 4 wheeler south of Green Bay coming home with some fellow Yooper Truck drivers--We boxed him in and took him all the way to where the Freeway ended and then we had to let him go.
It was my first experience with that sort of help and I surely did apreciate it. That crazy beared guy had me a bit freaked out. Hadn't been but a few weeks before when some nut was shooting at someone on the interstate and caused a big accident, not only was the guy shot but other were injured in the pileup it caused. Scarey out there sometimes.

SweetTart
Old 06-19-2005, 04:39 AM
Rookie

Quote:
I can print one happy event: The XYL and I are going to be Grandparents!!! (Careful Heavenbound!!! )
Congrats Doc! Lordy now I really feel old! :shock: Just saw my second great grand child the middle of May. Have 5 kids 41 down to 18 and 2 grands 17 and 21. Tis the 21 yr old who can't keep it in his pants. Love his kids thou! :lol: GreatGranDau is to be 3 in July and GreatGranSon was born April 22nd.

Was child bride, married at 16 and mom at 17. Thank god all my kids had better sense than their mother! 8)

SweetTart
[/quote]
Old 06-19-2005, 04:56 AM
Rookie

Well, just like truckers, couriers have folks acting the fool also.

Friday was nuts as Friday's usually are in this biz. I was on I-85 headed up to Tully Rd for a pick up. Get off at North Druid, in the proper lane for an immediate left turn into Tully, when this chick in the lane to my right (who should have made the exit into the left thru lane on Druid) decides she needs to cut me off. Must be a first born child and thinks thats her position in life....first.

She roars on ahead of me and I let her. Not worth getting upset about, they do it all the time. Left arrow turns green and off she roars into the turn, blasts on down the road.

Hadn't picked up at the addy I was headed before, but had a general idea where it was so I wasn't in heat to get there. Am right behind the chick and she pulls into the same drive to which I am going, straight into the courier parking space right next to the front door of the print shop.

I head up the parking lot and get a regular pull in space at the other end, mosey on back to the print shop (its 91 degrees, and not running for sure), walk into the store and there's the chick at the counter.

Seems she had to wait cause they had another guy who was there before her. She give me a triumphant look with a snooty smile and I just smile back at her. Stroll right up to the counter, I do, pick up my package and waltz out the door. Her jaw musta dropped a foot!

You just gotta laugh sometimes.

SweetTart
Old 06-21-2005, 01:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Quite a few pages back I posted some tales about my tenure with the American Red Cross. I found an article in the local paper about the guy I was the Special Support Person for. It makes for good reading and a good background about who I was doing the driving for and the "Seeing Eye" person for as well....

Meet the Disaster Chairperson who, taught me a lot about compassion

One more tidbit: I was informed today that I am still Shelter Manager since we are now in Hurricane season and still Disaster Relief Co-ordinator, the ARC has yet to find a replacement...

It still was the oddest driving job I have ever had!!!

Quote:
Hmm how many people here would like to see the old granpa for real???

Yeah this is Granpa, Hurricane Hunter, sans the "ON/OFF" switch

Old 06-21-2005, 02:36 AM

This is better. Courtesy of lady18wheels.