User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well I'm gonna get my business running before I get married, but that is problem cause the woman I marry may want me for my money and I'm not having that, hell I just won't get married thats all!!! Gets rid of several problems right there. :lol:
Old 12-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Rookie

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and love reading all the thoughts from both men and women on here. I wanted to comment on how important all the roles are that are involved in this industry that we all love. I am new to the industry as a driver, but not new as a person. I come from a family of drivers, my dad, my mom and my brothers. Mom played an important role as a wife and a mother, she taught me just how important her role was. She was the rock that held our family together, wore many hats and succeeded at keeping the family together. She later went on to be my dad's co- driver not only in life but also in the truck when the kids were grown up. I have never looked at her as a feminist because she drove that big truck down the road with dad, but I did look up to her and hope that I could be half the woman she was.

I am now 47 raised 2 daughters on my own and decided that this life was my destiny, trucking. I made a career change just this year into trucking, and probable made my dad the proudest man alive for the decision. That in itself is worth any guff we get out here by select few guys that its not a profession for women. I will never claim to be feminist, or someone out to make a stand, I just wanted to feel as happy as my dad was behind that wheel. I can see why he loved this life so much. There are drawbacks not having the time to find someone to be with, loss of time with the kids and family, but we talk alot on the phone, and we use the internet in between.

My point is essentially we are all out here to make a living, not to show one another up. I am a woman first, a mother and a driver and I love where I am going and hope that one day I will find someone that loves this life as much as I do and understands it. We definetely are a breed in our own. My dad told me when I was young if it gets in your blood my dear its like a drug that you never want to be without, the open road. Everyone take care and be safe, and hope to meet some long lasting friendships on this site.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Lady Kathy,

Well I am not a truck driver nor is it in my blood, however I fully respect all those you have chosen to support their family and like their jobs. Welcome to this site and becareful out there.

I am very happy to say though my husband is a truck driver he is not addicted to this occupation. However he had to support us he would and if it can bring him close to home he will. I do think children do idolize their parents and my boys are no exception. With my oldest their dad was a mechanic, so he wants to be a mechanic, Then with my next son my husband got into flying airplane, so now he want to fly airplanes. My youngest hasn't made up his mind. Though he was able to go on the longest trip in the truck, my son says" Dad I really like being with you. but... this is kinda boring we just sit and eat" So I don't think that trucking will be for him. oh he was six at the time.