User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Embrace your Feminism side

Due to no responses...I think it is obvious the stereotype is true more today....and no one wishes to talk about it....or the closer you look...the less you really see, and the double standard is for good reason....we can blame one another ....til the end of time. :lol:

Well...I never need to question my sexuality,,,but does this post make my butt look big?... :? ...thought so.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

So, what youre saying, these ladies here need to run for president? Pretty good idear. 8)

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 06-09-2007, 06:38 PM

I can't stand to look at myself in a mirror..oops did I say that out loud..I think my belly is too big, I think my....Did I enbrace enough..
Old 06-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

I always try to look like & be a lady...the old addage holds true, look & act like a lady you will be treated like one.

I tend to *like* how I look, like a fine wine I tended to look better as I grew older, but the draw backs to that are that things just aren't in the "right" place anymore! :lol: :lol:

I was never a "willowy" blonde, always had the "classic" *woman's* figure, but since I did hard physical labour from a very young age, not only was I broad hipped, but also very broad shouldered as well. Am definitely NOT a boy in a dress.

I think that no matter how a person is built you need to be happy with what you see in the mirror. If not..only YOU can do something about it. Unfortunately, today's stereotypes of the *perfect* body type make it almost impossible to be so. I always say-- Be comfortable in your own skin---I know I am.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 06-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Board Regular

What's all this feminism crap, I'm not a feminist, I am not driving a truck to prove anything for women, I am only doing it to make a living. I am not one of those women who feels they have to prove themselves to all the men that they can do a mans job, I could care less what anyone else thinks of me. If women are only driving trucks or doing any other typically male job to prove somethig then they are doing it for all the wrong reasons.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Senior Board Member

roadhog ..
Quote:
Due to no responses...I think it is obvious the stereotype is true more today....
I'm the first one to admit here that I'm lost or confused. What sterotype are you talking about ? .. :roll: ... Guess I've been lagging behind a bit here and not paying attention. hummm .. guess I better take 'better' notes or learn to keep up with the conversation here. I'll be glad to give my thoughts on 'stereotype' if you care to explain what it is you want to know. .....

so far this topic has gone from lookin good while working - to - working to make a living :? :lol:

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 06-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee
What's all this feminism crap, I'm not a feminist, I am not driving a truck to prove anything for women, I am only doing it to make a living. I am not one of those women who feels they have to prove themselves to all the men that they can do a mans job, I could care less what anyone else thinks of me. If women are only driving trucks or doing any other typically male job to prove somethig then they are doing it for all the wrong reasons.
Hear that Shawnee...feminist I definitely am NOT :lol: :lol:
Nor do I have anything to prove. I truly enjoy my job & love what I do.
What I was trying to say was there was nothing wrong with being a LADY while you're at it! :-)

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 06-11-2007, 02:42 AM
Board Icon

Well..I guess I shouldn't have just deleted my original post. I didn't get any responses, so I assumed...wow this must be a dead subject, or one that women do not wish to engage, because of certain connotations.

I was asking the questions. I do feel somewhat unpopular for bringing this up. I got some PM's that made me delete my original post.

I personally wonder how strong this doctrine is today. It seems just as important to advocate womens social and political rights to be equal to those of men, today as it was when this movement really began. But it is loosing ground, and faltering at the final push to equality.

I asked...why? ....is this a course of Nature? All "ism" seem to have a limit. Racism, sexism, class ism, etc. and human nature prevents any final achievement.

Now with a woman running for President, I am asking myself, how truly possible is this, and is our Country willing to accept a woman leader.

The double standards exist. Hell they even exist among women. And the stereotyping...that being a feminist makes you a lesbian, or nut job or a strong and masculine woman who cares less about her appearance. Or the denial even to the opposite to simply distance themselves entirely. Women seem to fear just the name itself...and why? It was a ground breaking movement, that has brought women out of the dark ages...so to speak.

You can not be pretty and fashionable, and be a feminist?
You can not work at a typically male job, unless you even dress and look like a man too?

Ahhhh semantics. To a point I agree. You don't expect a female truck driver to wear a skirt. But so what if she did? To me it is the same as asking...why does a woman put on make up? Is it for the man? or is it for her?

Actually, I don't believe feminism is dead. It is just not cool anymore...and somehow, over the years so many false stereotyping has dragged it into something is is not.

I'm old enough...let me tell you...when I was a young boy...most women were not permitted to work out of the home. Think about how far we have come.

Maybe this is a none issue to some. Maybe the women who fought for equality are old and tired...and younger women are comfortable enough to not see any need to finish the job??
Old 06-11-2007, 06:00 AM
Senior Board Member

roadhog ..
Quote:
Maybe this is a none issue to some. Maybe the women who fought for equality are old and tired...and younger women are comfortable enough to not see any need to finish the job??

Well now .. let me see if I can express myself in a way that I don't contradict myself
I'm going to age myself by the examples I use .. but oh well age is only a number.

Women were already able to vote when I was born so growing up I didn't give any thought to what ladies had to go through to get to that point in life.... I was in my teens and earlie 20's when females were burning their bra's ... and I have to say .. I joined them in the quest for the freedom.... It was a wonderful feeling to free myself of that darn thing ..

Even as a child watching my parents - the way they treated each other - Mom was a stay at home and she knew her place in the marriage. And that's what bothers me .... she could of went far in the polical world, she was asked to consider running for Mayor (back in the 60's ... and that wasn't heard of back then)- - but she was concerned on how it would affect Dad ... having a wife in that position of power. So she turned down the offer. .......... That made a big impression on me as a teenager ... I decided right then and there ...... I was going to do what ever I wanted to do in life. I wasn't going to let any man or woman stand in my way of being who I wanted to be.

I never gave up the 'rules' of .... the way people should treat each other. Which means ... treating each other with the upmost respect and manners. Yes I enjoyed and still enjoy having the door opened for me ...it makes me feel special .. No, I don't expect it, but sure is nice when a Man does hold that door open for me. ...... In turn I enjoyed and still enjoy treating a Man like he's someone special. Doing the little things I know will make him happy. Making sure dinner is ready when he arrives and his laudry is clean ... So what does that make me .... Does that make me a female that rides the fence ??- - - no I don’t think so. Do I want my independence - - Yes I do .... but I believe a person / woman can have her indepedence and work right along with men in trucking, welding, construction, farming, and may other jobs. We can all have and should have the opportunity to work anywhere and still continue to dress like a lady, makeup, skirt (depending on the postion of the job ... LOL) carry ourselves with pride and respect. ......... Do I think it's right for women to demand someone treats them equal in a job ? ... Yes, I do ... but only when they use common sense. Just because someone doesn't view life in the manner I do doesn't say their above or below me .... I know the world will never be completely equal .... it just isn't going to happen. ..... All I ask is to be given the chance to work in a field that once was primarly men only .. to make a living. ...........

In most jobs women will never be paid equal or the same as men starting out. Trucking is one profession that doesn't look at gender when it comes to pay. I wanted to be a truck driver every since I was a child. I always heard my dad say those 'guy's make good money .. I watched those big trucks roll up and down the hwys ... I knew they were going to places I'd never be, all over the USA ... truck drivers back then were viewed as outstanding people ... they always stopped to help a person in need. They had the freedom to roam. ... But I never thought for one moment that the truck drivers would give me a hard time if I decided to be one of them. ........ Gosh was I in for a BIG surprise when I first came out here in the early 90's. ........ Half of the drivers were polite, had manners and talked to me like I was just another one of the drivers out there. But then the other half ... would get very nasty - in a 'mean' way ... telling me to go home and get barefoot and make babies ... they would say things like ,... why are you out here - can't you get a boyfriend back home? ..... I've had them try to cut me off on the hwy ... there was one bullhauler ... that didn't like it when I went around him, so he went around me and made his trailer swing back and forth and flew crap all over the front of my white tractor. Honestly I didn't know I had done anything wrong by going around him.... geeezzzz !!!!! what a mess - do you know that crap is like cement when it dries on your tractor ? ....

So I ask all men .... What does that tell me about Men ? Are they so afraid of their independence and concerned they may be pulled down from their high horse that they have to verbally beat up on females.

So the long and short of it is .... I will always want the freedom to work where I desire ....

Are we ready for a Female President ? I really believe if it's the right person for the job ... female or male it won't matter. But are we ready for Hillary ???????? .... awwww ......... this lady/me will not be voting for her. I don’t' think she's right for the job .... but in time we will have a female president, just as I think we will have a president of 'color'. And on that note .... if the person is right for the job . we'll be ready.l

Women have come a long way ... we're CEO's, we're in Congress, President of Banks and the list goes on and on. I've tried working in an office ... I've been a Personel Manager for a corportaion, I went to school for Banking and came out with a 4.0 grade ... but I couldn't stand being in an office ... I felt like I was in a cage and couldn't breath ... It's been a hard tough road to get to where were at right now ............... and I do believe that the younger generation of females have no clue what the My generation strive to do and go through to give them the freedom to do as they please today....... No ... my daughter generation has no clue ! .. they expect it, the freedom to do as they please. But isn't it like that in everything ? ... Have women given up on the 'freedom act', to be independent ... no not really, I believe we have just slowed down a bit .. it won't ever go back to where it was 60yrs ago.... for women. .... But I worry about the male's / men. Can they ever completely adjust and change with us ???? ... All we want is the chance to make a good living for our family ..

Now I don't know if all this I spoke of even comes close to what your asking Roadhog ... but for the moment it's the best I can come up with. :wink:

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 06-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Board Icon

Rose...thank you.

I am just opening up this subject,
because I think there are lots of questions. But I don't feel
qualified necessarily to ask them. It is an ongoing strong
subject, I see in many Threads here, although worded in other ways.

We know embrace your feminine side, means go ahead feel pretty.
I made a play on words with my title..."Embrace your Feminism side"
as to say...go ahead feel empowered.

I know the older ladies "get it" and lived it, as they witnessed it through their lives.
When I was young, Blacks were segregated in many horrible and demeaning ways.
Women were treated as 2nd class. These things seem impossible to believe now.
But then look at how women or ethnic/social diversity in other parts of the world are being treated as we speak.

I am sorry to see Feminism has been reduced to stereotyping it to nothing it ever was about.
Hell, there should be a National Holiday honoring this movement
....but we already have too many empty useless holidays which do more to degrade a fine thing, than it does any good.

I think the Media is at fault for the stereotyping.

I do think something should be done about the current trend.
I know this is an unpopular subject. I've had people say to me..."Man what were you thinking!"

Well...Roadhog has been known to dig holes, and get away with misbehaving.
I may now qualify for the Darwin Award.
..............)