User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

:lol: :lol: :lol: GMAN.. I always told my daughter... If I'd have known grandkids were this much fun, I'd have had them first!

I SPOIL them shamelessly, I fill 'em full of sugar.... AND I GIVE THEM BACK!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 11-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

I need to ask-What has to your parents when they become grandparents? Do aliens come in the night and exchange my parents old bodies for "grandparent" ones? I can tell these so-called parents of mine now are not the ones I grew up with. They spoil my kids and are nice. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY REAL PARENTS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wildkat-maybe you can explain this. My friend said the same about her parents too.

On a more serious note-I think some parents are afraid to disipline their kids. So by being their friend, the parent can never be the bad guy. And the other kids think he/she has the "cool" parent. I try to be fair and fun, but a parent first.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommee
I need to ask-What has to your parents when they become grandparents? Do aliens come in the night and exchange my parents old bodies for "grandparent" ones? I can tell these so-called parents of mine now are not the ones I grew up with. They spoil my kids and are nice. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY REAL PARENTS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wildkat-maybe you can explain this. My friend said the same about her parents too.

On a more serious note-I think some parents are afraid to disipline their kids. So by being their friend, the parent can never be the bad guy. And the other kids think he/she has the "cool" parent. I try to be fair and fun, but a parent first.
I dunno mommee...I think all kids think their parents are a royal pain in the butt UNTIL they grow up & realize that all that nagging, etc was really for their own good.

I recall one time I had to come down real hard on my oldest daughter when she was about 16. I was desperately afraid I had damaged our relationship forever, we were extremely close, and for almost 2 years we could barely be civil. Then one day, she was about 20 I think, she came to me & said "mom, I know you did what you had to do, I resented the hell out of you for doing it at the time, but now I realize that if you didn't love me as much as you do, you would not have bothered".

And, strangely enough, as tough as I had to be back then, she always for some strange reason thought I was cool, maybe cause I rode a motorcycle & drove a truck? Who knows...I know her friends thought so, but THEY didn't have to live with me either!

Recall, there is a fair bit of pressure in being a parent...maye now as grandparents the pressure is gone & we can actually ENJOY the kidlets!!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 11-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

It's funny all this talk about buying kids unnecessary things. I went to the store today to buy shoes. A father and daughter came in. I heard him ask if these were the UGG boots. They were $120 for the kids boots. Before I left she was trying on a pair. Why a little girl, maybe 10 yrs. old, would need $120 boots is beyond me. I don't own boots like that.
:shock:
Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
:lol: :lol: :lol: GMAN.. I always told my daughter... If I'd have known grandkids were this much fun, I'd have had them first!

I SPOIL them shamelessly, I fill 'em full of sugar.... AND I GIVE THEM BACK!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a great way to get back at the kids. :wink:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommee
It's funny all this talk about buying kids unnecessary things. I went to the store today to buy shoes. A father and daughter came in. I heard him ask if these were the UGG boots. They were $120 for the kids boots. Before I left she was trying on a pair. Why a little girl, maybe 10 yrs. old, would need $120 boots is beyond me. I don't own boots like that.
Perhaps if these kids had to work for some of these things that they want, their attitude and wants would make a dramatic change. I have worked about ever since I can remember. I don't see any permanent damage to my psyche. :P
Old 11-22-2007, 01:01 AM

GMan responded a a few posts back to something I had stated about why in the world the world is the way it is. I have to say I have a totally a different interpentation to as what the world means.... My understanding is that just as in Noah's Day the (world will come to an end as we know it.). I am not speaking of the literal earth. I, in my interpentation of the bible am referring to the wicked people of the earth. Because God said that the earth was created for mankind, and that the world will stand to time indiffient. He said he would never again distroy the earth. So I truely believe that the wicked in the world will be destroyed, (the evil men), not the literal earth. Just as in Noah's Day the (world) ended as they knew it.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:01 AM
Senior Board Member

:roll: .. mercy me this thread sure has gone off on a different track ... I thought it was about Embrace your Feminism side ... :roll: ... oh well, that's life :wink: .... Have a good holiday

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 11-22-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassdeb
GMan responded a a few posts back to something I had stated about why in the world the world is the way it is. I have to say I have a totally a different interpentation to as what the world means.... My understanding is that just as in Noah's Day the (world will come to an end as we know it.). I am not speaking of the literal earth. I, in my interpentation of the bible am referring to the wicked people of the earth. Because God said that the earth was created for mankind, and that the world will stand to time indiffient. He said he would never again distroy the earth. So I truely believe that the wicked in the world will be destroyed, (the evil men), not the literal earth. Just as in Noah's Day the (world) ended as they knew it.
what this has to do with feminism is anyones guess but I will weigh in with my 2 cents worth: I believe we as a country are heading for what could be called 'the end times' jobs leaving, immigration out of control, the war in Iraq, 9/11, rising oil prices and just plain lack of respect for one another is going to bring us down. I don't know if its Gods doing or not...I believe we are in control of our collective destiny if we would just get our acts together. apathy is whats destroying this country....just my opinions here...please accept them as such.

kate :?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Honestly I got no problem with women working and I got no problem with a woman driving a truck honestly I'd much rather hire a woman to drive my trucks than I would a male because I know they would take care of my equipment, whether they want to haul steel is another story but you get my point. I don't think women should wear make up, why hide the natural beauty???? I care about the inner beauty of a woman not the outer beauty. The males at school are so worried about looks and the females are so worried about the "bad boy" image, they want a guy with muscles, abs, and all that stupid shit! I don't fit that "bad boy" image I'm a honest and trustworthy 17 year old but the girls don't see that in me and it pisses me off when they say they want a nice guy but they keep going to the abusive and cheating guys and I was raised not to cheat or hit a woman! Figured I'd share my 2 cents. I forgot to add I've noticed girls are so worried about their hair, nails, make up, and weight. It disgusts me that they got to starve theirselves to be skinny, God made you the way you are for a reason don't try to change just to be popular or pretty, it's not worth it! Eventually someone will accept them for who they are not what they look like or wear!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
Honestly I got no problem with women working and I got no problem with a woman driving a truck honestly I'd much rather hire a woman to drive my trucks than I would a male because I know they would take care of my equipment, whether they want to haul steel is another story but you get my point. I don't think women should wear make up, why hide the natural beauty???? I care about the inner beauty of a woman not the outer beauty. The males at school are so worried about looks and the females are so worried about the "bad boy" image, they want a guy with muscles, abs, and all that stupid $&!+! I don't fit that "bad boy" image I'm a honest and trustworthy 17 year old but the girls don't see that in me and it pisses me off when they say they want a nice guy but they keep going to the abusive and cheating guys and I was raised not to cheat or hit a woman! Figured I'd share my 2 cents. I forgot to add I've noticed girls are so worried about their hair, nails, make up, and weight. It disgusts me that they got to starve theirselves to be skinny, God made you the way you are for a reason don't try to change just to be popular or pretty, it's not worth it! Eventually someone will accept them for who they are not what they look like or wear!

These are 17yr old girls you are talking about. They will mature and their tastes will change over time. The "bad boy" thing gets old. After that phase, they start looking for men who are "husband material". Your views on life will change after you have your 1st child too. You would want your wife to stay home, if it is possible, because who else would you trust to raise your child better than the mother. Many women welcome the chance to stay home and watch their kids grow up. Those years go by quickly and you will NEVER get them back. I speak from experience on this.