User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Whats the possibility of getting hired driving truck with no experience ?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Rookie

I was wondering what the possibility of getting hired with no experience is... for driving water truck.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:39 AM
Rookie

Oh what should i do? haha Ive applied at MBI hauling water in williston. I was hoping to get a job with a sleeper truck and just start from there..I applied 7/20/13. So it sounds like i need just rain gear,snow gear,and a few bucks in my pocket to get started..I do have a pretty good job here that i would be leaving.. Just dont pay enough and the benefits arent so good..IM praying and hoping to be up there soon.. If anyone would like to give me an outfit to go work for or any ideas? Go ahead and shoot. Could call too 207-577-4336 . Im in eastern time.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Rookie

Whats the real deal? Is ND a place to make money hauling water?
Old 08-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Rookie
Default I want to work in s. Dakota

I read your post from 2011 about jobs in South Dakota. I REALLY need help and more information on how to get a job driving a water truck. I sure hope you respond to my message I need a job ASAP. I tried calling Steve at 970 773 3997 but no answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justruckin View Post
Chain, I'm up here right now pulling water. The stories are true and we need drivers. We have housing and more work than you can shake a stick at. And the money is nuts... Currently the state of North Dakota is running a 1.5% unemployment rate and needs workers with construction, heavy equipment, CDLs, concrete, etc. Starting pay for most all of these positions is roughly $70,000.00 +++ a year.

Myself, I am having a ball, this has to be the best driving job I have ever had. Sure, the hours are long, averaging 100 hours a week right now and paid by the hour, time and a half after 40. Starting pay is normally $20 an hour to $25 an hour, you do the math. But all we do is drive around in a big circle all day, roughly a 100 mile radius, maybe make two rounds and go home unless we are moving fresh water. It is by far the easiest money I have ever made driving a truck.

If any of you guys are interested in coming up here PM me for more info, as we are putting on more trucks.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Rookie

Just curious if this time of year is a Good time to head up to North Dakota for work? I'm learning towards MBI or Power Fuels for Good companies.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:29 AM
Rookie
Question

Hey,

looks like your most recent posts are over a year old but I thought I'd give this a shot and email you. I've been thinking really hard that this might be a really good solution for me, at least in the short to mid-term.

I'm a veteran, I'm an unemployed EMT (by the way, EMTs only make $10-12/hour to save your life, although I adore the work), I'm a chick, and a single mom. I'm capable, physically fit/strong, and not afraid of getting my hands dirty.

Truth is, I'm sick of being broke, Man. I know most of you are men out there, and life is truly tough, sometimes ...some of us get divorced, but not all of us chicks get such a great deal in settlement. Some of us get the short end of the financial stick and I was one of 'em. I'm willing to work my way out of this, rather than go back to court and relive the whole nightmare, just to pay another lawyer to mayyyybe get a better settlement, years down the road. In other words, I'm more than willing to just resolve my situation on my own and punch out of this vicious cycle of being broke. Trucking is certainly not the dream job I had in mind, when I was a little girl imagining where I'd be as an adult ... but again ... I know anyone on here can relate:

I am so sick of living broke and not being able to fill the fridge with enough steaks.

I'm very interested in driving a water truck at an oil field. Are the jobs and money still crazy up there? I think, at this point, my only option would be to do this during part of the year, (mainly the summer months) when the kids' father could take care of them, (youngest is 14, so not too difficult for me to be away) and then still be back in Colorado during the school year.

Is this feasible? I might be able to get assistance from the Colorado Work Force to help pay for the 2-week $4K driving school. Would I be able to get work, even if it were only for only part of the year and maybe short 1- and 2-week stints throughout the year to help get myself ahead?

Would love to hear from you or anyone, if you have the time to write, after your long shifts.

Thanks,

A
lovethemud
Old 09-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Rookie

Hi there
My name is Rose.
I'm wanting to haul water or crude over there. Could you give me the name of a good outfit.
I can work as many hours as they can give me.
Looking for housing for myself.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:06 AM
Rookie

I just had a phone interview with Badlands Powerfuels, also known as Nuverra. I was told that they pay on commission. I was quoted a weekly gross range between $1200 - $1500 and that's at 18% of each load. They put you in a dorm for the first week of classroom time. After that you have a month orientation or on the job training at $15/hr. After that you go out with a lead driver for 15 days hauling fresh water, salt water, and frac water. Here's the kicker. They provide discount housing which a one bedroom apartment is $1100 a month. I'm still going to investigate other companies because I'd like to haul water myself. I'd be taking a loss with the rent which is double my mortgage and can't afford to work at those wages with the increased cost of living. You know Mcdonald's and Walmart pay $15an hour so I think $15 an hour is an insult to be driving a tanker in bad conditions. So far it seems truck drivers are still in the same boat as burger flippers.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Rookie

How wre you Justruckin? I'm sitting on the fence what is the demand for owner operator pulling tanker. I hear all the time of undercutting brokers! hopefully still good money is well anyway take care talk you later