User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default What the heck ever happened to...?

"Going fer it" and Going fer it's wife ??? I remember they had quite a thread going for a long time a while back and then just seemed to drop out of sight.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:38 AM
Board Regular

I think I remember Going for it's Wife saying that He got a Union trade job. Can't remember tho
Old 02-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Board Icon

If I remember right, they had some legal trouble with a company or something. I can't exactly remember. Seems like they got that straightened out, and I don't remember seeing either one of them here since.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 03-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feederfred View Post
"Going fer it" and Going fer it's wife ??? I remember they had quite a thread going for a long time a while back and then just seemed to drop out of sight.
Hello Stranger!!! I have not been on the board for a while and I decided to lurk. I do every once and a while and I saw this.

We are doing fine. Hubby is still working with System Transport in the heavy haul division. Last year they took a 3 cpm pay cut. He is usually home on the weekends or I should say sometimes in Friday night and out Sunday morning. But we do see him every week.

He has not had anymore problems. I shutter to think what would happen in this economy if that had happened at this time. The trucking business has sure changed from what it was.

I went back to college and then became a college drop out for now as both of the girls are being home schooled again. I am doing the field trip coordinating for the home school group ( I volunteered) so that the kids could have some cool field trips. I also am taking them skiing with a program on Mondays for the next 4 weeks. We went today and I feel it!!! It is good for me! I think!

My son turned 18! He has been going to college for the last two years though and he is doing very well.

How is life going for you? Last I heard you came out of retirement! Keeping active is good. I hope you are enjoying life and that all is well for you and your family!

Goin Fer It's Wife

Last edited by Goin Fer It; 03-02-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythe08 View Post
I think I remember Going for it's Wife saying that He got a Union trade job. Can't remember tho
Nope! He is with System Transport in the heavy haul division. Still Trucking!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
If I remember right, they had some legal trouble with a company or something. I can't exactly remember. Seems like they got that straightened out, and I don't remember seeing either one of them here since.
Actually I was on for a quite a while after that! He worked at Davis for about a year before they changed over to O/O or L/O. We had a long thread. At System the runs are different so I did not think it would have much interest.

Then when I came on here there were all the flashy ads (I hate those) and I had problems signing in so I just stopped posting.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 03-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It View Post
Actually I was on for a quite a while after that! He worked at Davis for about a year before they changed over to O/O or L/O. We had a long thread. At System the runs are different so I did not think it would have much interest.

Then when I came on here there were all the flashy ads (I hate those) and I had problems signing in so I just stopped posting.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Glad to hear you folks are doing ok. Missed seeing your posts.

I generally get on here twice a day now. Gave up the driving for Social Security, and am enjoying fixing small engines. No more having to listen to the reefer during my sleep to make sure it's starting and stopping anymore. No more DOT. And, able to get everywhere I need to go with a bicycle. Wish I'd done this a year ago.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Board Icon

As Windwalker said, it's good that yall are doing ok. Good to hear from yall.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 03-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It View Post
Hello Stranger!!! I have not been on the board for a while and I decided to lurk. I do every once and a while and I saw this.

We are doing fine. Hubby is still working with System Transport in the heavy haul division. Last year they took a 3 cpm pay cut. He is usually home on the weekends or I should say sometimes in Friday night and out Sunday morning. But we do see him every week.

He has not had anymore problems. I shutter to think what would happen in this economy if that had happened at this time. The trucking business has sure changed from what it was.

I went back to college and then became a college drop out for now as both of the girls are being home schooled again. I am doing the field trip coordinating for the home school group ( I volunteered) so that the kids could have some cool field trips. I also am taking them skiing with a program on Mondays for the next 4 weeks. We went today and I feel it!!! It is good for me! I think!

My son turned 18! He has been going to college for the last two years though and he is doing very well.

How is life going for you? Last I heard you came out of retirement! Keeping active is good. I hope you are enjoying life and that all is well for you and your family!

Goin Fer It's Wife
nice to hear from you. i wondered what happened to you too. i commend you for home schooling your children. i am lucky that we have a good public school because i wouldn't have the patience with my own. my friend home schools while she is getting her masters online. it's tough and i know i couldn't do it.

taking the kids skiing is great. i have taken the kids and they catch on so quickly. i have them in ice skating lessons. my son loves hockey. i skate with my kids and i feel that every week. and yes, skiing is good for you. :clap:

glad all is well with you and your family.

"Remember, if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." - Warren Miller
Old 03-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Glad to hear you folks are doing ok. Missed seeing your posts.

I generally get on here twice a day now. Gave up the driving for Social Security, and am enjoying fixing small engines. No more having to listen to the reefer during my sleep to make sure it's starting and stopping anymore. No more DOT. And, able to get everywhere I need to go with a bicycle. Wish I'd done this a year ago.

Good to see you still here Windwalker! Glad you are still keeping your mind and your body active! That is a good way to enjoy retirement! Actually the only way!

Take Care,

Goin Fer It's Wife