Thanks danske, you're right.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
"layover pay after the third day"?????? are you for real?? $22. paycheck ?????????? " three weeks past home time" ?????? why do drivers put up with that s**t ???? Is there any other industry that would put up with employee's being treated that way? I DIDN'T THINK SO....... Trucking has some NOT so smart people. but then again, this is the same industry where drivers sleep in cold/hot conditions because they where told too. If drivers would learn to stick-up for themselves, maybe sh*t companies would not exist. :banghead:
"lady's and gentlemen, they call me freebird, that's right the legiondary freebird, and i'm back in town"

I'd say you are more of a homing pigeon than a Freebird. Which legion of freebirds do you soar with?
Old 10-29-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvnd1953 View Post
Thanks dewerc2 for the headsup. Those tarps were probably sold. I know a lot of drivers abondoned their trucks, sold the equipment to get home. I'm not going to Tulsa. I am D/H to Phoenix and they are supposed to pay for the bus ride home. I will then go on a medical leave of absence. They kept trying to make me quit and I refused. I told them what the doctor said and that the ball was in their court. They are so afraid of having to pay unemployment. I was told by a therapist my flatbed days are over also. If Arrow cannot give me an job doing something else here where I live then I can quit voluntarily to seek other employment. Arrow must pay unemployment until I do. This came from the unemployment people themselves. I'll keep updating as I am home a lot now:thumbsdown: I miss the road already. Started therapy today, What painnnnn. I have months of this. Whats amazing is I can still do certain things. I just have a third of certain kinds of movement. This condition starts in older people starting at around 50 to 60. I just turned 56. It comes on gradually and can result from overuse or a injury from many years prior. They still know very little. My dad always said "gettin' old ain't for sissies"

The first hurdle in collecting UC is being physically able to work. You aren't collecting UC if you are physically unable to work.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
"lady's and gentlemen, they call me freebird, that's right the legiondary freebird, and i'm back in town"

I'd say you are more of a homing pigeon than a Freebird. Which legion of freebirds do you soar with?
homing pigeon ??????????? did i miss something here??
Old 11-02-2009, 12:56 AM

Geargrinder, I think you missed something. I can't collect unemployment and disability at the same time. I'm currently collecting disability. I will never be cleared to work flatbed but will be to drive according to the doctor. When I am cleared to drive, Arrow must offer me a job driving something other then flatbed. They are flatbed only. Any other job they offer must be close to my home. The nearest terminal is 300 miles away. In essence, they will have no job for me. I can then voluntarily quit and with a doctors note saying I must seek other employment, I can get unemployment. There is nothing Arrow can do. Since this is not Workers Comp, they can't force me to Tulsa like they do. I'm also confused by your "homing pigeon" message. Anyway, as for me, I'm still waiting for my disability check from Arrow. Should be this week, retroactive back 3 weeks. Yes, I get a check from Arrow every week for 13 weeks for 2/3 of my average salary. I paid every week for a supplemental disabilty to go with any state disability. State is paying me as much weekly as I was making driving with Arrow 3 out of 4 weeks. Just saw the doctor again. Progress in some areas but still many months to go. Exercises are rough and painful. Throwing a ball is still impossible. Another tough thing is dressing. You should be able to touch the middle of your back, I can't. The best I can do is the bottom of my butt. Hard to tuck in a shirt or put a belt on. Many other movements are impossible. What is really tough is it's my left shoulder and I'm left-handed. Missing the road every day. Drive and be safe
Old 11-03-2009, 09:47 PM

Got my disability from Arrow on the date promised for 3 weeks retroactive. They took out for the insurance premiums I owed and I guess FICA gets a share but still it was a nice sum of money. I'll get this for 10 more weeks. Still waiting for the State. Hopefully I'll be able to go back to work by then. I doubt truck driving. I'll probably have to quit Arrow and apply for unemployment. The doctor already agreed that another line of work besides flatbed driving will be necessary. I will update if anything changes and what Arrow does should I be forced to quit and go to unemployment such as if they fight it and how. This won't take place for awhile though. Since this is a thread about Arrow and how they operate supported by honest facts and I no longer drive for them I will have nothing else to add. I will say I'm happy with the way Arrow has handled my disability. They acted as they said they would. I want to thank dewercs2 for starting this thread and allowing me to continue it. I also want to thank those who participated and have been encouraging honest debate. Drive and be safe
Old 11-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Good luck. I hope everything works out for you. :cheers:
Old 11-25-2009, 03:56 AM

I got a call from a bill collector about a week ago on my voice mail and wondered what it could be over. I called them back and they asked if I was Arrow Trucking? I said no, but I used to drive for them. Turns out I had a window replced about a year ago and Arrow never paid for it! And I guess they only had my number or Arrow gave them some kind of run around and said I was responsible. Not sure but I told them it wasn't my truck and not to call me. Glad I got out when I did...
Old 12-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by married to the road View Post
I got a call from a bill collector about a week ago on my voice mail and wondered what it could be over. I called them back and they asked if I was Arrow Trucking? I said no, but I used to drive for them. Turns out I had a window replced about a year ago and Arrow never paid for it! And I guess they only had my number or Arrow gave them some kind of run around and said I was responsible. Not sure but I told them it wasn't my truck and not to call me. Glad I got out when I did...
Hey married.... I just got a call about Arrow and just hopped on to see... Wow... If you all dont know or havent heard. Arrow shut down today and shut of the fuel cards. They have stranded all the drivers.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Board Regular

A telephone recording at the main office gives these instructions to drivers:

“If you’re in a Freightliner or KW, please take the truck to the nearest Freightliner shop. Call this hotline number to Daimler: 877-294-9679. They’ll arrange for a bus ticket for you home. If you’re in an International, please call back and check with this message later as we find out more information.”

http://www.fox23.com/mostpopular/sto...t0yYA-ugg.cspx

Last edited by dewercs2; 12-22-2009 at 10:53 PM.