User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Arrow Trucking

Has anyone heard anything about them? I've been with them for about 6 months. Just looking for any info that others might have heard. I was doing pretty good until it slowed down.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Senior Board Member

I heard that they went out of business. Have you heard that also?
Old 02-01-2009, 12:41 AM
Board Regular

Umm, No we have not gone out of business... Like some outfits I think we are having some problems that need to be addressed.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:17 AM
Unhappy

i pull a skateboard for a company down the road in okc, i have heard and seen first hand that arrow's credit line is not real good right now.bet you havn't seen a bunch of new truck's on the yard have you. i saw with my own eye's a new hire of yall's in a rental truck with no headache rack and all his tarp's and strap's and chain's on the passenger seat.prob don't see stack's of new trlr's waiting to be unloaded either.just an observation,but i would get out.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2 View Post
Has anyone heard anything about them? I've been with them for about 6 months. Just looking for any info that others might have heard. I was doing pretty good until it slowed down.
You might ask dewercs2, I think he works for them. He was just here a minute ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 02-01-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELGAUL View Post
i pull a skateboard for a company down the road in okc, i have heard and seen first hand that arrow's credit line is not real good right now.bet you havn't seen a bunch of new truck's on the yard have you. i saw with my own eye's a new hire of yall's in a rental truck with no headache rack and all his tarp's and strap's and chain's on the passenger seat.prob don't see stack's of new trlr's waiting to be unloaded either.just an observation,but i would get out.
I left there in December after 2.5 years with them. When I started with them, they had an account with TA for repairs and a Bridgestone acount too for tires while on the road. And if we wanted to, we could go to TA or Petro for PMs so we could keep moving.
They stopped letting us get PMs done on the road (only could get them done at terminal, even if we sat there for 3-4 days in line to get it done), we lost the Bridgestone and TA accounts (The guys at TA would not look at truck until they had conformation from Arrow because Arrow "Did not pay their bills".), and we had to wait for hours for the "bank to put money on the comcheck so we could pay for the repair". One weekend my truck started registering low oil pressure and even cut off on me while going down the road, and I called breakdown and he said it was probably a bad sensor, but they were doing emergencies only, and my truck started back up, so they wouldn't mess with it.
And I was also on the James Hardy dedicated account for a while and we lost it.
I was getting better and more experienced and they were going down hill in my eyes, And they did not even make an effort to keep me happy anymore. I sure hope things are better for the other drivers left.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:33 AM
Board Regular

Thanks guys,
I'm still at Arrow and I hope that the slow down in freight is part of the downturn for the company. As of right now I have no plans to leave. My DM and others in the office are pretty good and I get home every weekend thanks to them.

Married... I've been caught up with the TA, tire and shop issues. I've had to wait for money to be placed on the card to pay for some work done. Im in a 05 FL with 439900 miles on it. I do need maintaince but just don't and cant afford to be in Tulsa, OK. I've been away from my region twice and felt that I was past over by the planers for there regional trucks. Seems like its really polictial for loads. I do like the company and have met the president. He seemed a decent enough guy when I met him. I can only assume that the people under him have him insulated from what is going on in the day to day operation of the company.

Hopefully the loads start coming now that January has past us.

With my rollover it was hard enough to find a job last July. I can only imagine how hard it would be to jump ship now at this time in the economy.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Board Regular

dewercs-

Moving it over here to keep from hijacking dd's thread.

I'm with a small (15 truck) company in Nor Cal. It's hella slow. Last week I got about 1100 miles, still sitting this week. I can see that if the freight was here I could do 900-1000 per week & have a fairly decent lifestyle. One week last month I grossed $900 & only slept in the truck 2 nights. But the freight just aint here right now. I will stay here because-

1. The yard is about a mile from my house

2. The people treat me super well- small town- we've all been around & at least known of each other for 20-30 years. One of our senior drivers dated my oldest sister in high school, the dispatcher knew my Dad when he hauled for the company she used to work for etc.

3. Pretty nice equipment All 379 Exh w/ C-15 or 3406e motors except for my standard hood w/ a C12. I could "move up" to a large car, but I like my 29K tare.

I tried talking to Arrow last summer when my last job ended & they just had no follow up with me. I got the impression that they were not impressed with my experience. Please keep us posted- I love flatbeding & there just aren't many options left out here.

Curtain vans are a mixed blessing. I hate it on no-tarp lumber loads, but in the snow, or when the Santa Ana winds are blowing.......... I also hate dealing with warehouses, loading docks & everything associated with van loads.

There is no perfect job.

Right now, any job is a good job.

-Jack Kerouac, "Mexico City Blues"
Old 02-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightsChromeHorsepower View Post
dewercs-

Moving it over here to keep from hijacking dd's thread.

I'm with a small (15 truck) company in Nor Cal. It's hella slow. Last week I got about 1100 miles, still sitting this week. I can see that if the freight was here I could do 900-1000 per week & have a fairly decent lifestyle. One week last month I grossed $900 & only slept in the truck 2 nights. But the freight just aint here right now. I will stay here because-

1. The yard is about a mile from my house

2. The people treat me super well- small town- we've all been around & at least known of each other for 20-30 years. One of our senior drivers dated my oldest sister in high school, the dispatcher knew my Dad when he hauled for the company she used to work for etc.

3. Pretty nice equipment All 379 Exh w/ C-15 or 3406e motors except for my standard hood w/ a C12. I could "move up" to a large car, but I like my 29K tare.

I tried talking to Arrow last summer when my last job ended & they just had no follow up with me. I got the impression that they were not impressed with my experience. Please keep us posted- I love flatbeding & there just aren't many options left out here.

Curtain vans are a mixed blessing. I hate it on no-tarp lumber loads, but in the snow, or when the Santa Ana winds are blowing.......... I also hate dealing with warehouses, loading docks & everything associated with van loads.

There is no perfect job.

Right now, any job is a good job.

Keep making that money ,and you will not have a house to worry about being close to the employers yard.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:54 PM

i saw a arrow truck recently picking up a load at our yard in nj. gaf roofing. even with things being slow i see tmc and some mavericks droppin or pickin