User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What is frustrating Arrow is that it's not a Workmen's Comp so none of their funny little rules apply. Whole new ballgame. I go to any local doctor I want. Starting cleaning out my truck today. How did I acquire all this stuff?
Old 10-02-2009, 04:34 PM

Left at 0200 hrs for Phoenix. Got about 30 miles of the 350 miles and I could no longer drive safely. The therapy from yesterday left my arm so weak it was difficult to hold the steering wheel and shift. Holding it with my knee or elbow was out of the guestion. I turned around and told Arrow they would have to send a driver. My DM was a little upset but I told them I tried and that's all I can do.

Last edited by jvnd1953; 10-02-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:06 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2 View Post
Heyyyy Guyssss!

Just a quick stop... I'm in Santa Nella and have a drop appointment at 1600 hrs in Lathrop and I cant be early??? for a drop??? Dont know why not but ohwell. Sounds fishy to me but heck i'm still running and not throwing tarps around. I do miss the excercise!:whistle:

JVND, careful Arrow doesnt say hey we'll get you a load to Tulsa and we'll have another driver secure the load for you.. All you have to do is drive it here. Then they say your on workcomp and have to see there doctor in tulsa and have to sit in the hotel room till your better.

I stopped in Lost Hills for fuel and as I was about to get on North 5 i saw a flatbed running north. The flat bed was an old freightliner mid 90's it was pulling an old trailer nothing with Arrow on it anywhere except for the two tarps covering his load. So either he ripped off the tarps or he bought off someone?????? Does arrow allow subhaulers to use there equipment??
dewercs2, I passed thru Lost Hills and Santa Nella last night. I have a load from Ontario going to Auburn, WA. The people in Ontario were very slow loading, then I had to return cuz I was overweigh on the drives. I was motivated to get to my brother in the Bay Area, so I drove it thru the night. Will spend a couple days here.

Hope to meet up with one of this days.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Board Regular

I never heard of frozen shoulder either so I googled it on the interweb machine. Have you tried the cortizone shots yet?

Frozen shoulder, also known as adhesive capsulitis, is a condition characterized by stiffness and pain in your shoulder joint. Signs and symptoms begin gradually, worsen over time and then resolve, usually within a two-year period.

Your risk of developing frozen shoulder increases if you've recently had to have your arm in a sling for several weeks, or if you have had surgery in which your arm was immobilized in a specific position for a prolonged period.

Treatment for frozen shoulder involves stretching exercises and, sometimes, the injection of corticosteroids and numbing drugs into the joint capsule. In a small percentage of cases, surgery may be needed to loosen the joint capsule so that it can move more freely.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:37 PM

No cortizone yet. The doctors seem to want to avoid this for as long as possible. Proper therapy is the best solution but as you said it takes a long time and results are miniscule. I had to laugh at the 3 stages, freezing, frozen, and thawing. Each stage takes many months to get through with therapy.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:29 PM

Just got over a week of stomach flu. Man was I sick. Arrow came and picked up my truck finally. No problems. I got the disability forms from Arrow and I think it was a waste of my money. I paid weekly for this insurance thinking it was an additional benefit program to a state disability. I now find out it is a Federal disability program originally set up for workers who become pregnant. It was expanded for other disabilities. It's the FMLA Act of 1993. I'm not sure yet but I don't think you can collect this and state disability. I'll find out.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:43 PM

May have spoken to soon about the disability with Arrow. The FMLA Act of 1993 has to do with Arrow giving me an unpaid leave of absence but guaranteeing me a job when I get better. The paid benefit is separate. I'll fill out the forms and send them in and see.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Rookie

Good luck with the disability and your recovery jvnd1953. Sorry to hear that. I have been reading some new rumors that Arrow has laid off more office folks. Not sure if it is true. Bad trend.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:36 AM

Thanks Jarhed1964. I miss driving already. Arrow currently has me on a medical leave of absence. I heard from a reliable source that layovers in the office occured. You're right, it's not good. Arrow is looking at quick fixes instead of the long run and all the fixes have failed. I don't understand why the owners haven't cut their losses and jumped ship yet. They have enough to set them up for life. Maybe it's pride or ego, I don't know. We flatbedders know that freight slows from October to March and March is a long way off. Time will tell.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:36 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvnd1953 View Post
I heard from a reliable source that layovers in the office occured.
How much do office workers get paid to layover? Just kidding, I believe you meant layoff.

Last edited by danske; 10-16-2009 at 03:41 AM.