User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2009, 03:40 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2 View Post
Dang, I did a reset and a half at the Loves there in Van Horn. I wish I would have known about that resturaunt....
Wonder if the Goverment will like him getting into the space race?
Jeff Bezos has enough money that he can do just about anything he wants.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:17 PM

I checked the front end and found nothing wrong. I believe it's just alignment. I delivered a load of pipe on Thursday to a ski slope in Vail, Co. 1 driver (not Arrow) refused to drive up the mountain. It was pretty hairy with 3 switchbacks. The town of Vail was way below us as was a helicopter flying along I70. I was told that by winter the gravel road will be gone and it will be all ski slope. The pipe was for the snowmakers. Tatal run was 900mi. Had to D/H 260mi to Randlett, Ut. and pickup 18 pallets of drilling lubricant and take it to Giddings, Tx. 1600mi. Will have 2500 miles for the pay period:clap: Met another Arrow driver in Denver who broke his ankle tarping a load. Arrow had another driver go to the shipper and swap trailers and take the load. This driver then drove to Denver with a broken foot after seeing the doctor. Here he was to take a bus to Tulsa. He was to clean out the truck. He had a pet also. Since he couldn't take a dog on the bus he had to rent a car. Arrow told him he had to pay the difference out of his own pocket.:thumbsdown: They will keep him in Tulsa until he heals. Arrow is self insured. I'm not sure how legal this is. I would've refused to drive and left it to them to get me or send me home. I had to help the driver get in his truck. The accident happened in N. Wyoming. I heard Arrow will keep you in the motel in Tulsa and force you to see their doctor. They will not let you go home to recover. If you do they will not pay you workers comp. Maybe someone can clarify the legalities of this.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvnd1953 View Post
I checked the front end and found nothing wrong. I believe it's just alignment. I delivered a load of pipe on Thursday to a ski slope in Vail, Co. 1 driver (not Arrow) refused to drive up the mountain. It was pretty hairy with 3 switchbacks. The town of Vail was way below us as was a helicopter flying along I70. I was told that by winter the gravel road will be gone and it will be all ski slope. The pipe was for the snowmakers. Tatal run was 900mi. Had to D/H 260mi to Randlett, Ut. and pickup 18 pallets of drilling lubricant and take it to Giddings, Tx. 1600mi. Will have 2500 miles for the pay period:clap: Met another Arrow driver in Denver who broke his ankle tarping a load. Arrow had another driver go to the shipper and swap trailers and take the load. This driver then drove to Denver with a broken foot after seeing the doctor. Here he was to take a bus to Tulsa. He was to clean out the truck. He had a pet also. Since he couldn't take a dog on the bus he had to rent a car. Arrow told him he had to pay the difference out of his own pocket.:thumbsdown: They will keep him in Tulsa until he heals. Arrow is self insured. I'm not sure how legal this is. I would've refused to drive and left it to them to get me or send me home. I had to help the driver get in his truck. The accident happened in N. Wyoming. I heard Arrow will keep you in the motel in Tulsa and force you to see their doctor. They will not let you go home to recover. If you do they will not pay you workers comp. Maybe someone can clarify the legalities of this.
It is most likely not legal. Arrow is trying to avoid a Workman's Comp claim by providing food and housing for the injured party. Arrow's Workman Comp rates are probably astronomical.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:37 PM

I unloaded in Giddings,Tx Mon. AM and then sat for 28 hours waiting for another load. I was 120 miles from Houston terminal. They ended up D/H me there. They should have did it right away. I know they were hoping to save money but I lost a days pay:thumbsdown: I know they could care less. I got a load Wed to deliver Thur in OKC, OK. Delivered in the morning and it is now Fri am and I'm still waiting for a load:thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Another lost day. At least this weeks check was great. Still have that steering shimmy. No visible signs of anything wrong except the inside of the left tire seems to be wearing out. I will have it checked when I get under a load or close to home. Don't want to go into repair in Tulsa. Drive and be safe
Old 07-01-2009, 08:30 PM

Picked up a nail in my bad steer tire. The Tire was changed and I was on my way in 1 hour:lol2: A Miracle. No more shimmy. Had to D/H to Tulsa and pick up a load of fencing going to Port Allen, La. 850 mi total. I then had a second load stacked on me loading in Angie, La. and going to Carrollton, Mo. 950mi. Only 1300 mi. this payday:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:. How's JB Hunt going Paul? Can you tell me how your hometime worked driving regional with Arrow? Thanks. Drive and be safe.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:15 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Picked up a nail in my bad steer tire. The Tire was changed and I was on my way in 1 hour:lol2: A Miracle. No more shimmy. Had to D/H to Tulsa and pick up a load of fencing going to Port Allen, La. 850 mi total. I then had a second load stacked on me loading in Angie, La. and going to Carrollton, Mo. 950mi. Only 1300 mi. this payday:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:. How's JB Hunt going Paul? Can you tell me how your hometime worked driving regional with Arrow? Thanks. Drive and be safe.
JB isn't going to bad, finally made it to Laredo and still don't have to do a PM,:lol:... Anyways..

Ran a load out from Hesperia to Laredo and now I'll hook a trailer and run it back to Mira Loma. about 2800 miles or so. Been lookin for DD but so far nothing.

Hometime for me was great. I was home every weekend but I lived so close to the 10,60,215,15,91. I was talking to a driver that lives in Yucca who told me that he hadn't been home for a 1 1/2 months. I guess its on how you sell it to nancy on where you live. I was usually getting home late friday, like 9-11pm. or if out of drive time I would run as far west and shut down then run to the house on sat. I was always able to do 34 at home.

She did tell me that I was the only one in her fleet that had it good. Can you drop your trailer in a secure/locked location by you? I don't know how she'll feel about you doing that she can get kinda funny sometimes...

You thinking about jumping to Phoenix? she does have some line haul guys on her board now since they dropped some DM's. Maybe give her a buzz and ask if you can slide over to her. She likes to flirt and joke around. I think that's how I got on her good side, yes I pimped myself but heck I got home on the weekends.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:05 PM

Glad to hear all is going well. I don't know what I want to do yet. This pay day was a low $400. This week isn't starting out well either. Still waiting for a load and it's Thursday. Nothing today then I'll be waiting the whole holiday weekend. I live right off the 210 between the 15 and 605. In fact I used to play on the 210 when it was being built. (late 1960's). I still live in the house I grew up in because I bought it from my parents. I can park truck and trailer about 3 miles from my house for a weekend or a night. It's on the street but in a industrial area. The police gave me permission. Park it occasionally there now and nobody bothers it. On my hometime now I park the trailer between some $500,000 boats. Looks out of place:lol: but it's free. My son builds race boats and the owner lets me park the trailer there. One boat there just broke a speed record at 275 mph. Another one raced a helicopter and beat it. The truck I take home. Drive and be safe

Last edited by jvnd1953; 07-02-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:38 PM

Got a load:clap: Going to D/H 500 miles and pick up 2 coils in Blytheville, Ar. and going to Houston 600mi. Not much but sure beats sitting the weekend. Shows delivering on Tuesday so I'll call Mon. and see if they are open.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Got a load:clap: Going to D/H 500 miles and pick up 2 coils in Blytheville, Ar. and going to Houston 600mi. Not much but sure beats sitting the weekend. Shows delivering on Tuesday so I'll call Mon. and see if they are open.
JVND, You are on mileage or percentage pay? I believe dewerc was on percentage pay, if I am correct.

Thanks, danske
Old 07-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske View Post
JVND, You are on mileage or percentage pay? I believe dewerc was on percentage pay, if I am correct.

Thanks, danske
Hey danske,

He's CPM. and yes I was 26% of 95% of net.

The formula that we were given was to take what they said the load paid and multiply by .95 equals ____. take that amount and multiply by .26 which gives you what the load pays you.

I always checked that against what the loaded miles and my dh was to what I was making on line haul. someimes I was really ticked off that a load was paying 20-25cpm. My focus was to make sure I made the turn and headed back. If I could drop and load in the am in LA and head back to PHX and do the samething there I was headed for an ok week.

Last edited by dewercs2; 07-12-2009 at 05:10 PM.