User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Yep we talked to several guys at the hotel who had been injured....one was there for 4 MONTHS!!! He said the same thing you did and it does make sense now....

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 07-13-2009, 06:19 PM

Delivered Monday:clap: Sat in Houston till Tuesday. Was supposed to be routed home to Ca. for hometime and I had also broke a tooth eating "cracklins". Instead I got a load assignment to Carrollton, Pa. Took the load because it was 1600 miles and the tooth wasn't hurting. Unloaded Friday Morn. Took forever and many phone calls to receiver to find the place. It was a new drilling site in the middle of nowhere. I delivered oil drilling pipe. Every driver had problems finding this place. This was Friday. I get a message to go to Barkeyville, Pa. and stay at the TA for a Monday dispatch (250mi) Friday afternoon. I get to the TA on Sunday afternoon and it looks like a Arrow terminal there are so many Arrow trucks. There was also 3 more behind me. Monday morn I drove the 30 miles to our Masury, Oh. terminal to drop off some extra dunnage I was assigned. The terminal was full of trucks. All waiting for dispatch:thumbsdown: Not looking good. Only going to be a 1600 mile paycheck or $575. Not too bad but should be a lot better. Other Arrow drivers are really hurting though. Thinking of Schneider or Interstate. Drive and be safe.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvnd1953 View Post
Delivered Monday:clap: Sat in Houston till Tuesday. Was supposed to be routed home to Ca. for hometime and I had also broke a tooth eating "cracklins". Instead I got a load assignment to Carrollton, Pa. Took the load because it was 1600 miles and the tooth wasn't hurting. Unloaded Friday Morn. Took forever and many phone calls to receiver to find the place. It was a new drilling site in the middle of nowhere. I delivered oil drilling pipe. Every driver had problems finding this place. This was Friday. I get a message to go to Barkeyville, Pa. and stay at the TA for a Monday dispatch (250mi) Friday afternoon. I get to the TA on Sunday afternoon and it looks like a Arrow terminal there are so many Arrow trucks. There was also 3 more behind me. Monday morn I drove the 30 miles to our Masury, Oh. terminal to drop off some extra dunnage I was assigned. The terminal was full of trucks. All waiting for dispatch:thumbsdown: Not looking good. Only going to be a 1600 mile paycheck or $575. Not too bad but should be a lot better. Other Arrow drivers are really hurting though. Thinking of Schneider or Interstate. Drive and be safe.
i hope you find a job fast. i don't think arrow will be around much longer. goodluck
Old 07-14-2009, 01:22 AM

Just got a load. Picking up in Edinboro, Pa. in the am and delivering to Laredo, Tx. with 2 additional stops. 1 at the shipper and 1 for a trailer inspection at out yard just before I deliver since I am dropping the trailer at the receiver. Pays an additional $50 and is about 1800 mi. Supposed to deliver Monday but should be able to do it Friday.:clap:
Old 07-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvnd1953 View Post
Just got a load. Picking up in Edinboro, Pa. in the am and delivering to Laredo, Tx. with 2 additional stops. 1 at the shipper and 1 for a trailer inspection at out yard just before I deliver since I am dropping the trailer at the receiver. Pays an additional $50 and is about 1800 mi. Supposed to deliver Monday but should be able to do it Friday.:clap:
Hey that's not a bad run.

Listening to Sirus yesterday on the way up here to Denver. Some expert was saying if you have a job and a good track record stay at current job. its slow everywhere.

speaking of slow.... Im at TA in Denver and was talking to a driver from Atlantic-Pacific flat bed. He's been here since saturday morning. He said he was talking to other flatbeds that have been here since friday. I spoke to a JB hunt driver this morning and he said the same thing... He had dropped a trailer saturday and has sat except 1 local run he did monday. He said he has a load but not till 3pm today.

There are alot of trucks up here....
Old 07-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2 View Post
Hey that's not a bad run.

Listening to Sirus yesterday on the way up here to Denver. Some expert was saying if you have a job and a good track record stay at current job. its slow everywhere.

speaking of slow.... Im at TA in Denver and was talking to a driver from Atlantic-Pacific flat bed. He's been here since saturday morning. He said he was talking to other flatbeds that have been here since friday. I spoke to a JB hunt driver this morning and he said the same thing... He had dropped a trailer saturday and has sat except 1 local run he did monday. He said he has a load but not till 3pm today.

There are alot of trucks up here....
Denver is a freight sponge...just like Florida is. Nothing out of there...unless you haul it cheap. I bet shipper's are wanting stuff hauled out of there for 25 cpm right now!
Old 07-21-2009, 06:15 PM

Yeah dewercs2 I think you're right. I delivered Friday am and then sat till Monday 1600 hrs till I got another load. When I left our Laredo terminal there was at least 50 trucks waiting for dispatch. On my way to San Diego with 2 AC units 7000lbs. and 1350mi. Thinking of calling the school I went to for a list of companies hiring. Try to get local. Maybe after my home time I'll be fefreshed. Just tired and discouraged right now. I really shouldn't be because I talked to a lot of drivers in Laredo and I'm doing better then most. Also, my DM quit today. This is my 5th one so far. Hey dewercs2, how many miles are you getting? I know you got home a lot with Arrow on regional. How did hometime work. I know you get 2 days for every 7 out but did that include when you were under load and stopped by the house or did you put in for hometime on a certain date and then the length was determined by how many days you worked since last home time. Thanks. Drive and be safe.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:34 PM

I was told by a Arrow driver the other day that they are no longer hiring student drivers just experienced flatbed drivers, any truth to this? I can't imagine a lot of veterans putting up with this.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:51 PM

As of last week they were still hiring students. Too much subsidy to not. I will let you know if I hear different. It would be nice since there's not enough freight for all of us.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:45 PM

Well I've got my 5th driver manager in 18 months now. Wonder how long this one will last. Claims to have had the top fleet at his previous employer. His intro message was a lot of what he expects of us. Said he will go to bat for us when needed. I'm sure he will until he realizes everything is out of his control. Arrow continues to screw up pay, layover and I found out they "forgot" to tell the insurance company I had medical coverage. When the claims were denied and I called they said they needed to "update the system." At this point I would caution against going to work for Arrow. I will hang in there a little bit longer and then I'm gone.