User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

why would anyone work for a company like arrow and be treated like dog crap? stand up for yourself and be treated like a man, not a fool.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Senior Board Member

If one looks at Arrow's Safestat data, it is easy to see why they may be having financial problems.

In the last 30 months;

212 vehicles involved in reportable accidents

71 vehicles involved in reportable accidents with injuries

6 vehicles involved in reportable accidents with fatalities

Average number of trucks on the road during this time: 1390

It would be my guess that there maybe a lawsuit or 100 in progress.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvnd1953 View Post
I hear you dewercs2, I'm still waiting for my truck repairs. Supposedly Mon or Tues. That will be 2 weeks waiting. Ridiculous. Luckily I did that recovery while waiting even if it was a disaster. Made about 300 more than sitting in the shop. Next time I will "breakdown" on the road under a load. Arrow seems to make and change the rules as they go along and the drivers suffer. If this company doesn't get some management that knows what to do we will all be forced to look for another company. Recent runs have been from Terrell, Tx to Broken Arrow, Ok. (300 mi) and a run with a recovered truck from Cartersville, Ga. to Laredo, Tx. (1200 mi). Then from Laredo to Garland, Tx. (420 mi). I then took a double drop trailer from the Dallas yard to the Tulsa yard (300 mi). I get back and they had completed the PM at least on my truck. I then find out it's the last day for my DM at Arrow. He quit to become an O/O. I kind of laughed at your plan sort of coming back to bite you in the butt. That was what that truck recovery was. Don't volunteer is my new motto for Arrow. I'll give 100% still which is more than we get from management. Hometime for me was supposed to be this week. As it looks now, It won't even be next week. I can't complain too much though. It's usually within a week of my request. Drive and be safe
I had Jury duty tuesday and was released later that day. While in the Jury Room I was bored and texted my boss who sent me a Qualcom message that had just been sent out. She told me that deadhead pay for Regional Drivers had been eliminated and this was per the VP of Operations. :eek2: I was released later that day.

Wednesday I was given a load to bounce up to Adelanto and hook to a preloaded trailer
with pipe. I arrived and drove through a few rows of concrete pipe to the trailer. I was given the option to grab a aluminum or steel trailer which had 3 large diameter 46 ft of pipe on the deck. I dropped and hooked as I was walking around the front of the tractor I hear a hiss. I look at the left front steer and find a 3in piece of cement with a wire in it. The dang thing was stuck to the sidewall and I was leaking air.issedoff:issedoff::crossbones: I took a picture and texted it to my DM and made the call to breakdown to start the hold process before the call was answered.

Well, I figured I was done for since I have been hearing that tires have been taking upto 18hrs to pay for.:hellno::hellno:issedoff:

I was strapped down and headed to the office and made to wait as this shipping cleark tried to finish paperwork for other loads before he could get to me. After 20 minutes I was given the paperwork and started to head out the gate. As I did so a tire company truck drove in and I stopped the driver to see if he knew if Arrow might have an account with them. He didn't know.

I pulled out the gate and spoke to breakdown about 30 minutes later. I gave them the name of the company and told to wait. About 30 minutes later the same tire truck rolled up and started to switch out the tire. 15 mins later I signed a workorder and received a QC that I was loosing the load and was to deadhead to Calexico and hook to a trailer there. I replied that I was done and just about to roll out now. The big concern was it would take awhile to pay for it. I said nope, I was told ok to leave. I got rolling 2 seconds later to so the QC would show it.

My load finaled in Paso Robles at a military base with a 7am appointment. I stopped for the night in Lost Hills at the Pilot.

Made the drop in the morning and since I didn't know of a truckstop near Paso Robles I DH back to Lost Hills to wait till about 330pm when I recived a load from Santa Maria to Laredo, TX. that loads at 1130am friday. hmmm.... Map book comes out and look at the routing the company has given me. 101 to the 5 to 134 to 210 to 10. If I load at 1130 and get out in 1 hr and head to LA I'm in the middle of LA friday rush hour traffic....hmmm...

Bounced to Santa Maria and loaded to spools of wire weighing 34550. I arrived at 1045 and was allowed to load 10 mins later. Threw 8 chains, paperwork and enter the information in the QC. I was rolling by noon. Was told to not run this to Laredo but bring to Phoenix and drop the trailer. I would be hooking to another trailer and running back to CA for the weekend home....Time to make a decesion... I headed north 7mi and jumped on 166 headed east to 33 to 99/5. Ran up the Grapevine and cut across on 138 towards the 14. Headed towards the 15 through the scale to the 215 to 210 to the 10. No traffic at all ! Heard on the radio that it was jamed on the freeways I was routed to take. Made my fuel stop at TA in Coachella and then ran up to Churaco Summit with .75 left on my 11.

Made Phoenix at 930 dropped the trailer and pulled my chains, grabbed the other trailer, fixed a light and mud flap. I was strapped down and was home by 630 last night.

Just enough time to reset and head out monday morning.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
why would anyone work for a company like arrow and be treated like dog crap? stand up for yourself and be treated like a man, not a fool.
Sorry your opinion of someone who is sticking with a company to better there drive history is a fool. Is Arrow struggling? YEP big time. But since I have a rollover I need to build a record of safe driving so I can move on to a better company. Arrow was willing to take a chance with me when not one company would.

Last edited by dewercs2; 03-22-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Jackson View Post
If one looks at Arrow's Safestat data, it is easy to see why they may be having financial problems.

In the last 30 months;

212 vehicles involved in reportable accidents

71 vehicles involved in reportable accidents with injuries

6 vehicles involved in reportable accidents with fatalities

Average number of trucks on the road during this time: 1390

It would be my guess that there maybe a lawsuit or 100 in progress.
Hey Creek! Hows the north treating you?

I looked at the safer stas a few weeks ago. I like how you can click on details and see the truck, reason for scale violation or the wrecks and why. Did you see the 2 on there for driver in possesion of controlled substances. What were these drivers thinking?:block:

Spoke to another Arrow driver and he told me he was pulled into a scale and the DOT printed up Arrows score of 99 out of 100.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2 View Post
Hey Creek! Hows the north treating you?

I looked at the safer stas a few weeks ago. I like how you can click on details and see the truck, reason for scale violation or the wrecks and why. Did you see the 2 on there for driver in possesion of controlled substances. What were these drivers thinking?:block:

Spoke to another Arrow driver and he told me he was pulled into a scale and the DOT printed up Arrows score of 99 out of 100.
The North has been fine. I actually have spent the better part of the winter more west than north and occasionally east. Of course there was the usual back and forth and all around Wyoming a couple of dozen times. Wyoming seems to pretty much suck for driving all winter. Was out in Pennsylvania a couple of weeks ago, you can have all that.

I didn't go too deep on the violations page on safestat since I don't know any drivers for Arrow (personally).:lol:

Take Care!

Last edited by Creek Jackson; 03-22-2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: I like editing.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Rookie

As things go, you got to be either stupid or absolutely desperate to work for Arrow.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:39 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krommmm View Post
As things go, you got to be either stupid or absolutely desperate to work for Arrow.
Well, if you happen to look at my Avatar.... that's my truck I was driving on November 17th of 2007. If you know anything about that story then you would know how long I was out of work and the huge challange it was to find someone to hire me. If you care to learn and see better photos go back to DevilDices blog named Highseas to Highways and look back around December of 2007. DD was a fellow driver at the same company.

TMC, Melton, Systems Transport, Swift, Schnieder a few others I can't remember there names all said sorry we cant take you with that rollover. Even if it was ruled not my fault.

So Arrow was the only one that gave me a chance. I am a loyal type of person. If you give me a chance to not lose my house, my Harley and keeps my kid going to scouting camps/games along with Baseball hitting instruction than yea... I'm sticking with Arrow.... for now...

I'm not stuuupid:argue: So i'm not going to jump ship in a time when there are no jobs right now or very slim. I have heard that jobs might pop here in a month or two. Do I have a plan of course.... But the time is not right for me to leave. I'm working and getting the bills paid.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Senior Board Member

I was gonna reply to that comment above but then figured that poster is NOT worth my time....anyway I am glad to see you are doing OK. I followed your story over on DD thread and am glad to see you are back out driving and seem to be OK....God knows you cheated death big time!!

When Bo drove for Arrow over 2 yrs ago it was actually a good company to drive for. He was happy there...that was before the new CEO and the big changes. I still have friends that work in the Tulsa office and I keep in touch with them. Anyway way back when arrow didnt pay DH for regional drivers. We had a friend who drove the TX regional and always complained cause he didnt get paid DH miles. So maybe they started it and then stopped it....

Hang in there....I know how frusterating a roll over can be....another Arrow friend had a at fault roll over and it has been 10 years and he is still paying the price for that. He no longer drives for Arrow but cant drive for any large companies. I know yours was a not at fault accident but still seem to haunt you. No one has any right to judge you till they know ALL the facts.

drive safe and it is good to "see" you out there!!

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 03-29-2009, 03:40 AM
Board Regular

Thanks Tootie,

Yea I thought about not responding then thought what the heck why not.

I had heard about Arrow through my driver while I was running the store delivery program at Home Depot. He kept saying they are really good and have a great training program. That was in late 06 early 07. He told me he worked for them back in the late 80s.

I was getting paid DH and actually shows on my paycheck as dh pay. I think they are just trying to limit alot of pay and such. The time when layovr kicks in has been extended. I don't think there has been a safety bonus paid in awhile too.

Your friends in Tulsa still working there?