User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Where are you gonna get the van experience? Do you know how hard it is to pull a van? There are TWO doors that need to be closed. And one has to close BEFORE the other one. Who else is gonna teach you how to do that? You need a mentor to show you which one to close first.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:55 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Where are you gonna get the van experience? Do you know how hard it is to pull a van? There are TWO doors that need to be closed. And one has to close BEFORE the other one. Who else is gonna teach you how to do that? You need a mentor to show you which one to close first.
Or there is just one door that needs rolled up and down:lol:

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 10-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Board Regular

well mackman, actually i hate to hear that you did not get the job that you wanted. are you really such a dick that you would like to think that i would take joy in that? you either misread or flat out did not understand what i said. and i take your side that your experience pulling tanker and dumps should qualify you to drive a van. however i do agree that your limited experience actually driving for long periods of time is what hurt you and will continue to hurt you. if i were you and you need a better job, maybe look into finding a company pullig dumps or tanks that get you home maybe every 2 or 3 days. but i highly doubt you will do that. you want to be home everyday. good luck with that, i hope it all works out for ya.

but i would like to reflect on some other threads when you all argued about never driving otr because it sucks so bad. but there are time when 6 months to a year of otr really helps out...like you wanting to work for pyle. i think you are seeing that being a true local driver like you are sometimes does not pay the bills...linhaul jobs are not considered local, they are considered home everyday. now i see we can blame them lying assholes that said you might get the job and after revewing your file see that you are not qualified. lets all blame them that way you are still a god of trucking and everyone else sucks.

good luck to ya mackman, i mean that. we all need some luck right now in this time of economic dipair.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd112488 View Post
well mackman, actually i hate to hear that you did not get the job that you wanted. are you really such a dick that you would like to think that i would take joy in that? you either misread or flat out did not understand what i said. and i take your side that your experience pulling tanker and dumps should qualify you to drive a van. however i do agree that your limited experience actually driving for long periods of time is what hurt you and will continue to hurt you. if i were you and you need a better job, maybe look into finding a company pullig dumps or tanks that get you home maybe every 2 or 3 days. but i highly doubt you will do that. you want to be home everyday. good luck with that, i hope it all works out for ya.

but i would like to reflect on some other threads when you all argued about never driving otr because it sucks so bad. but there are time when 6 months to a year of otr really helps out...like you wanting to work for pyle. i think you are seeing that being a true local driver like you are sometimes does not pay the bills...linhaul jobs are not considered local, they are considered home everyday. now i see we can blame them lying assholes that said you might get the job and after revewing your file see that you are not qualified. lets all blame them that way you are still a god of trucking and everyone else sucks.

good luck to ya mackman, i mean that. we all need some luck right now in this time of economic dipair.

I will find something. Sooner or later. I Dont have to be home everynight. I would go out for 1 or 2 nights at a time. My problem is i will only work for hourly pay. I worked on % one time. Lasted a total of 3 weeks. Hourly is the only way to truck in my eyes.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 10-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Board Regular

as long as you have the "only work hourly attitude"...good luck. look into conway, big e, rl, and similar companies. enjoy being an underpaid, ot paid but rarely work ot, don't work when it rainy, snowy, etc. driver.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Let's see here, Mackman.

You have had an "N" endorsment on your CDL from the "honey dipping" days. You also have TANKER experience.

You now have HAZ-MAT on your CDL, which meas you now have a "X" endorsment on your CDL.

Add those two together. Have you ever thought of maybe, just maybe, applying at the local fuel haulers in your area(SUNOCO comes to mind).

Oh wait, you don't want to work nights and weekends but yet you want a better paying job and only want to be paid by the hour.

Bit the bullet there. Sometimes you have to put up with BS to get rewarded in the long run.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 10-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Senior Board Member

I will work nights. I will work even friday night. But i do want saturday and sunday off. That is the big porblem with fuel haulers they run 24/7. I Have been thinking about geting back into honey dipping again.

I dont know what im going to do ( never do). So im just taking it as it comes.:thumbsup:

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 10-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Senior Board Member

BTW doulbe R i even have my doulbes too.:lol:

Old 10-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

What about triples?:bow:

Old 10-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
I will work nights. I will work even friday night. But i do want saturday and sunday off. That is the big porblem with fuel haulers they run 24/7. I Have been thinking about geting back into honey dipping again.

I dont know what im going to do ( never do). So im just taking it as it comes.:thumbsup:
Try Foodservice. Most of us are off on weekends(very rare to work a saturday) and most pay by the hour(I said most).

I would say look into the local grocery haulers(like I'm doing, got a second interview next week) but they are a 24/7 operation and you want you weekends off:cry:.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE