User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Marten

... they go westward (Have a hub In Ontario,Calif.)

...got tri-pacs

and their trucks look clean and maintained.

...come to find out they are 20 mins from my back door in
Forest Park,Ga

8)

Its final...Im gonna send them the application
Old 02-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Senior Board Member

No Pre Pass
Require Hazmat
$1.50 a week paid for scales because of the Air scales on the truck. Some say they are spot on, other say they are not.
APU's are quiet but the reefer behind you is not.

Anyways, I may be right behind you. I want a damn 387 like TK
Old 02-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Hopefully Marten works out for you. Eventually all the trucks will have APU's. Either Thermoking tri-pac or Carrier. Not all of them have them yet as they aren't going to put them on trucks that are nearing the end of their service. Main terminal is in Mondovi,WI with others in Forest Park,GA, Indy, Ontario,CA and Portland,OR. Also about 20 or so dropyards at various locations. They're pretty good when it comes to maintenance. If you need something fixed out on the road a phone call to road service and they'll send you to a TA or dealership to get it fixed unless you're near a terminal.

As far as I know you can get prepass for the weigh stations, you just have to pay for it yourself. It's like $9 bucks a month or around there. They recently changed their scale policy and will reimburse as long as it was really needed. If the load is 35,000 lbs then the air gages will do the trick. If it's a 44,500 lbs load then it's going to be too close to tell with the air gages and I'll hit the scale and get a PO for reimbursement. I generally don't weigh anything under about 42,000. Depending on my fuel level I'll just run the air gage on my tractor close to my 34,000 lbs mark and hit the road. The last two 44,000 lbs loads I've ran I used the gages to put it where I thought it needed to be and then checked it on a CAT scale and it was perfect, no need to move the axles. That doesn't happen every time though. 8) 8)
Old 02-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER
Hopefully Marten works out for you. Eventually all the trucks will have APU's. Either Thermoking tri-pac or Carrier. Not all of them have them yet as they aren't going to put them on trucks that are nearing the end of their service. Main terminal is in Mondovi,WI with others in Forest Park,GA, Indy, Ontario,CA and Portland,OR. Also about 20 or so dropyards at various locations. They're pretty good when it comes to maintenance. If you need something fixed out on the road a phone call to road service and they'll send you to a TA or dealership to get it fixed unless you're near a terminal.

As far as I know you can get prepass for the weigh stations, you just have to pay for it yourself. It's like $9 bucks a month or around there. They recently changed their scale policy and will reimburse as long as it was really needed. If the load is 35,000 lbs then the air gages will do the trick. If it's a 44,500 lbs load then it's going to be too close to tell with the air gages and I'll hit the scale and get a PO for reimbursement. I generally don't weigh anything under about 42,000. Depending on my fuel level I'll just run the air gage on my tractor close to my 34,000 lbs mark and hit the road. The last two 44,000 lbs loads I've ran I used the gages to put it where I thought it needed to be and then checked it on a CAT scale and it was perfect, no need to move the axles. That doesn't happen every time though. 8) 8)
I'm looking foward to trying them out.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:56 PM

TK i go in 2 weeks after i get a few things done they offered me a penny extra and love my cdl is hazmat just re did them i really hate that it cost me to much. But since its new they are willing after 6 months to refund the coins kinda cool..
Old 02-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

TK, how to truck assignments work? Do the new drivers get the crap trucks while new experienced drivers get better? Do you get to pick the truck you want like a 387 or Columbia or are you assigned what's in the yard?

Chris
Old 02-28-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona911
Quote:

TK, how to truck assignments work? Do the new drivers get the crap trucks while new experienced drivers get better? Do you get to pick the truck you want like a 387 or Columbia or are you assigned what's in the yard?

Chris
I worked for Marten for ten years,you usually dont get to pick the truck you want you get what they have at the yard,and in some cases they will fly you to pick up a abandonded truck if it needs cleaned they will pay pay for it,or they will fly you to one of there terminals were they have a empty truck ,what type of truck you get is kind of luck of the draw.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Senior Board Member

yeah, luck of the draw I'm afraid. You could tell your recruiter what kind of truck you would prefer to get in to but that's no guarantee. If a 387 is what your looking for the chances aren't so bad, there's quite a few in the fleet now. 8) 8)
Old 02-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
yeah, luck of the draw I'm afraid. You could tell your recruiter what kind of truck you would prefer to get in to but that's no guarantee. If a 387 is what your looking for the chances aren't so bad, there's quite a few in the fleet now. 8) 8)
The only thing that concerns me is I really really dont care
to get stuck behind a 9 speed trans unit.
That would bite.

Does Marten have an Abandoned truck problem?

Isnt walking away from a truck practically an unforgivable event in the world of trucking ?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Senior Board Member