User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default West Coast

I live in L.A. do they have good runs coming out of this area to make some money, because $400 bucks a month for marten family medical is high. What kind of miles can I expect to get out of this area.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:15 AM
Default Re: Question about Marten..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xtruckindj
Have you heard anything as to how their SE regional division is doing? Do they send you home with a trailer as a rule or can you bobtail home?

I may be looking for a change, but not until August or September (for several reasons). Thanks for anything you can provide!
None of marten regional drivers are allowed to take the truck home.Also they just revamped the whole pay structure for regional drivers since they hired those ex-knight management fellows.No longer getting 27% of the load,its all CPM now. I remember when they did this a month or so ago,and seeing 5 of my co workers trucks parked and emptied out.sucks.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Default Re: West Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2behappy
I live in L.A. do they have good runs coming out of this area to make some money, because $400 bucks a month for marten family medical is high. What kind of miles can I expect to get out of this area.
I guess youre wanting to go OTR? Well to answer your question,it would depend on your dispatcher.This will make you or break you as with any other trucking outfit. There is a nice dedicated out of l.a,just running back and forth from ontario all day,as well as our contract with General mills over there in carson which also has some dedicated spots open right now as well.Thats where alot of drivers get loaded back out from,general mills.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:23 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartenDrvrCA
Quote:
I guess youre wanting to go OTR? Well to answer your question,it would depend on your dispatcher.This will make you or break you as with any other trucking outfit. There is a nice dedicated out of l.a,just running back and forth from ontario all day,as well as our contract with General mills over there in carson which also has some dedicated spots open right now as well.Thats where alot of drivers get loaded back out from,general mills.
What is the pay for the dedicated accounts and how much can you make in a day Thanks
Old 05-03-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartenDrvrCA
Quote:
What is the pay for the dedicated accounts and how much can you make in a day Thanks
Not sure what they pay the general mills ded drivers,but the other account pays $205 and its 5 days a week.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Rookie

I called this week and they told there was no dedicated spots open only OTR who could I talk to get on or just get on the list Thank You for your reply and do you drive for them and how do you like it
Old 05-03-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
I called this week and they told there was no dedicated spots open only OTR who could I talk to get on or just get on the list Thank You for your reply and do you drive for them and how do you like it
Yea,you would have to already be a driver for the company.And yes I work for the company.The way I got my local spot was just working my way up.Started as a SW regional driver,then when they needed someone to fill in for a day or two for one of the guys on dedicated I did that,then that eventually led me to local.Drivers who are already w/ the company have priority over first pick. But yes,there are rail,local and dedicated opportunites that come up. And as far as how I like it,I really cant complain too much.I mean they do have their bad things,like the size of our cali terminal is smaller than some ppls backyards,we only have one fuel pump at the terminal,and its hooked to a retractable hose,lol..etc But marten has treated me pretty decent,I cant complain.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:51 AM
Rookie