Old 02-07-2008, 03:03 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: What about Jb Hunt??

Rumor has it they are still hiring :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbatson
Tell me the good and bad about Jb Hunt I'm set up with them to go and just dont want to make a mistake?
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.

A good attitude in trucking is the ability to sit for 48 hours unpaid, go to company meetings unpaid, sit at dock for hours loading or unloading unpaid, broke down on the side of the road unpaid and on and on.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:33 PM

well Im taking the dive too, going to jb for a dedicated run. ill be there monday in chicago for orientation. maybe this time jb will be different as its not a lease. .38 a mile home every other weekend for 72, hope its as good as it sounds. all the other companies i tried wanted me to go with a trainer for a couple weeks since ive been off since july 07. dunno. when/where for orientation? good luck
Old 02-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Senior Board Member

which dedicated run did you get with JB?

Oh wait...I just saw that you are home every other weekend for 3 days, Im guessing that is PPG...not a bad run, it will keep you moving.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbogle05
well Im taking the dive too, going to jb for a dedicated run. ill be there monday in chicago for orientation. maybe this time jb will be different as its not a lease. .38 a mile home every other weekend for 72, hope its as good as it sounds. all the other companies i tried wanted me to go with a trainer for a couple weeks since ive been off since july 07. dunno. when/where for orientation? good luck
The terminal in Chicago is not bad.....I think they still have the Cafe their instead of just vending machines.

Good luck, and keep us informed. :wink:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 02-10-2008, 03:55 AM

Yeah its PPG. When I did a lease there I talked to a lot of the drivers that were on ppg and they seemed happy, some more than others. Ill be sure to write back in or start a thread on it. I imagine ill have to let the wife do the talking for me though as I wont have the laptop with me at least at first. Thanks for the luck im sure ill need it. The last time I was at the chicago terminal it seemed nice and they still had the caffeteria. the only thing I didnt like about it was all the intermodal drivers pms'ing. oh well I uess you can have that anywhere. Have a nice week all!