User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default How about Werner?

I got a mesage on my cell from Werner to give them a call. I looked at their web pag and got a little info.I didn't see anything on this forum about them, so I thought someone could help me out. I also see they have paperless logs :? I guess that would have it's good and bad points. How about it, any Werner drivers out there that will help me out?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:05 PM

dave check with fireman932003. He used to be a trainer for them. He should be able to tell you anything you want to know.Good luck !
Old 08-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Senior Board Member

What do you want to know?? I will do my best to answer it. It has been a while since I worked there but I will give it a shot.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:53 PM

:?:
I too have been in touch with a recruiter from Werner. She told me something I find very suspect. Most of Werner's pay and benefit package is similar to other large starter Trucking companies. She gave her name as "Jenny"

My wife and I plan to partner and when asked what would my cpm be after training as a team, she replied 27 cents. I then asked if that meant 27 split. She replied, no 27 cents each.

I then asked to verify "you mean a total of 54 cents for the truck per mile?" She replied yes.

Anybody else know what the cpm for teams starting with no experience?

Rick
Old 08-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Rookie
Default Warning!

Worked their for one month and a horrible experince I was a shag dog. in four weeks my largest check was $212.00 no advances. I did many set ups for teams. I worked out of Lithia Springs, GA.

Paperless log; some love it most hate it that I spoke with because it's taugh to 'word' log correction<-Log Dept. Too long at a traffic light; line 4, slow moving traffic line 4. Most times I would have 5 hours on line 4 and maybe 7 or 8 hours on line 3 to drive. Log dept never took my correction, again 'wording' is very important.

Unless your a Guru driver Lithia Springs, GA terminal was crappy awful showers, nasty floors and crowded. This was in Dec 04', they was just getting started with a new trailer shop building. Guru's driver<--had a private lounge that was kept clean. Don't ask what Guru means

DM's from my experince are young kids early 20's who don't care!!! I met a few DM's that left to work for Hills Bros including safety personel. They told me, "inhouse mindset was to think truck, truck and not allow driver to get in your head. Funny since the industry turn over is 100%.

Research hard because the labor dept have no affect on our industry.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjallen
:?:
I too have been in touch with a recruiter from Werner. She told me something I find very suspect. Most of Werner's pay and benefit package is similar to other large starter Trucking companies. She gave her name as "Jenny"

My wife and I plan to partner and when asked what would my cpm be after training as a team, she replied 27 cents. I then asked if that meant 27 split. She replied, no 27 cents each.

I then asked to verify "you mean a total of 54 cents for the truck per mile?" She replied yes.
She lied. Unless they have overnight given their teams a huge payraise, which is doubtful.

Quote:
Anybody else know what the cpm for teams starting with no experience?

Rick
If you are looking to run team....call CFI at 1-800-641-4748 and talk to Christine in Recruiting. You'll be happier.

As to finding information on Werner here on this site.....use the search function with Werner being the searchword....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
She lied. Unless they have overnight given their teams a huge payraise, which is doubtful.

You're right. Called back got another recruiter. Turns out Jenny is "new".
Team cpm is 29 cents plus a bonus of $2400 at 30 days and another $4000 at 12 months. This is in addition to a raise of 1 cent at 3 and 6 months plus other performance bonuses.

I'll wait and see whats in writing.

I would love to apply to CFI- problem is they will not hire from my home area- NW Montana. We have to take our dog along and that too limits our choices.

I've read post after post about Werner. Many - using the search term "Werner"- are just posts mentioning the company. Other posts seem to from posters with a "beef" against the company.

Any ideas?
Old 08-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Werner teams run a bit different then their solo counterparts. The paperless logs are not that bad. You have to know how to work them to get the most out of them. At first, I hated them with a passion. After I had been there for some time I got used to them and learned to work them and grew to like them. When I trained for them, most of my students did not have a problem with them after I showed them how to work it. What I found was it was mainly the co-drivers that I had on my truck that did not like them because it forced them to run legal instead of the ways that they had ran before at other companies. They just didn't want to change their ways. The logs department can be very hard headed at times. They do not like to alter the logs for anything. The reason being is that when they do make a change to the logs it has to be recorded. When DOT comes in and audits them, they see these log changes and then starts to dig deeper. It just causes a big headache for the company. I will tell you this though, I would say that maybe 85-90% of the time I would get the green light on my Pre-Pass to just roll on by the scale house instead of rolling into it. When, on the rare occasion that I would have to scale, They NEVER asked me for my logs. They don't like to fool with the paperless logs. BOL
Old 08-11-2007, 11:14 PM

Fireman, thanks for the objective post. Its what I'm looking for. If you time, could you PM me? I cannot PM you- too new.

Rick
Old 08-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Senior Board Member