Old 02-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarshort
And for those who are not smart enough to figure out how it's done let me do the simple math for you.......

4,031 miles total for 6 days. = 672 miles per day

672 miles per day divided by 11 hours driving per day = 61 mph average speed.

Not very hard to do even for the most novice driver.
Yeah, right. You're so full of crap it's coming out of your ears.

61 mph over six STRAIGHT days...during THIS time of year?!?! LOL maybe if you had a dual-stacked Pete with a 625hp Cat pulling light drop/hook dedicated freight in AZ or NV or something. No way that castrated Knight truck is gonna do that with the type of freight and the lanes you run.

I'll tell you what. I'll put up $10K cash on the barrellhead and you put up $10k....and we'll stick an EOBR in your truck...and if you can average 3-4k miles over a month pulling irregular-route Knight freight in that POS Volvo or whatever then you win the bet.
Consider it a bet! I will put my money where my mouth is. I would like to meet with you and show you last years W-2 and mileage totals first. I just want to be sure you realize I gave you fair warning that you were about to make the biggest mistake by betting against me. I will leave it up to you to find and independent person the hold the cash and the bet is on.

I might want to remind you that you don't necessarily know MY freight lanes. And I would also like to remind you that running coast to coast in a 66 mph truck, it's not hard to average 61 mph for 11 hours a day.

I am tired on constantly being called a liar and I am finally gonna shut up all the slackers that say "it can't be done".

All I ask in return from you other than your $10,000 is to come back on this board and tell EVERYONE here that I am for real.

I am ready anytime you are.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Consider it a bet! I will put my money where my mouth is. I would like to meet with you and show you last years W-2 and mileage totals first. I just want to be sure you realize I gave you fair warning that you were about to make the biggest mistake by betting against me. I will leave it up to you to find and independent person the hold the cash and the bet is on.

I might want to remind you that you don't necessarily know MY freight lanes. And I would also like to remind you that running coast to coast in a 66 mph truck, it's not hard to average 61 mph for 11 hours a day.

I am tired on constantly being called a liar and I am finally gonna shut up all the slackers that say "it can't be done".

All I ask in return from you other than your $10,000 is to come back on this board and tell EVERYONE here that I am for real.
OK, this is good. First, the EOBR must be fed information directly from your truck's speedomoter onto your log's...you cannot run a paper logbook. Every activity such as checking into shippers/receivers/scaling/fueling/waiting in line, etc must be monitored with a video camera and you must run a 100% DOT-compliant logbook...that means all non-driving such as dropping/hooking trailers, waiting in line, fueling, scaling, inspecing equipment, PM's, etc and all time waiting for loads etc must be logged on line 4 per DOT requirements.

The only way to do this would be for me to ride along with you for a period of 1 month where I could actually verify everything with a videocam for proof. If you average 3k-4k miles per week over 1 month under these conditions with the EOBR than you win. If not, then I win. We will have to do this randomly so no prior arrangements with dispatch could be worked out.

This will work good. I am so sure I will win this bet...I will take off a month in order to win $10k...it is well worth it to me and I have the vacation time saved up. Let's hope for lots of snowstorms and bad roads!!! :lol:

Let's do this!!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Board Regular

Ok dammit, now I'm getting excited about this. But I will have to say CFM that when I drove for Knight, when I was in dollarshorts area I did have massive miles and alot of it was D/H 3700+ miles per 70 hr period. But I was only in thst area 3 or 4 times. When I was back on the left coast then I was back in 2500 per 100 hr period. So this will be very interesting to me as well. Oh and CFM which LTL are you with? I was thinking about giving LTL another shot but and unsure of which of them are actually I want to spend 30 years at. Thx guys and good luck to both of you.

Chris
Old 02-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Senior Board Member

I am not here to say who is right and who is wrong. I am just going to give my experience thus far. I run out of the Indianapolis terminal. So far my miles have went up and down. When I worked for them before I had great miles but this time around it has been a roller coaster. Now, with that said, I do have a new dispatcher. She is getting better but still needs work. The lowest week I have had thus far has been around 2100 miles. I do run Texas and Oklahoma a lot. I did notice that when I run out there that my miles went down a little. When I run east they pick back up. So that is my story. Take it for what you will!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Senior Board Member
Default OK

All right let's do it. This will take some time to plan out everything. I have absolutely no problem with any of the parameters you have set.

I am very willing to open up a line of communication with you so we can get the ball rolling.

I think this will be a great experience for both of us, as you can see how a REAL OTR company is supposed to operate.

I would also like to get one of the moderators involved so they can keep everyone else updated as to how the contest is going from week to week.

I will be PM'ing you my home phone number and cell phone so we can set up a time and place to meet to discuss all the details.

Game On!!!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: OK

Quote:
All right let's do it. This will take some time to plan out everything. I have absolutely no problem with any of the parameters you have set.

I am very willing to open up a line of communication with you so we can get the ball rolling.

I think this will be a great experience for both of us, as you can see how a REAL OTR company is supposed to operate.

I would also like to get one of the moderators involved so they can keep everyone else updated as to how the contest is going from week to week.

I will be PM'ing you my home phone number and cell phone so we can set up a time and place to meet to discuss all the details.

Game On!!!!!
Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!!

Old 02-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Yes

I am sooooooooooooo Ready!!!!!! :rock: :P

I can't wait :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CFM has my home phone number and my cell phone now. I am just waiting for his call. :wink:
Old 02-23-2008, 10:14 PM
BANNED

Quote:

Thursday 2/14/08

Deadhead to Topton, PA
Drop/Hook in Topton, PA headed for Billings, MT

Friday- Driving

Saturday 2/16/08

Deliver in Billings, MT @ 1700
The math and miles don't add up on this..... I hope that someone could explain it to me...... :roll:
Old 02-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Can I hold the money??? 8)

Actually, I'll be glad to be the middle man in this whole thing. Start a new thread in the "anything" section called " The Bet ". That way we can keep everything together. Go ahead and post all the rules of the bet. Both of you agree to the terms in that thread. You BOTH send me a PM with phone numbers for contact.

When all of the above is done, you BOTH send me a Cashiers Check for $10,000.00 made out to me. It will be given to my attorney to hold in an escrow account.

I think there needs to be some time limit as to when the contest will start. Work that out on the other thread.

NOW for my bet. I bet this thing never gets past phase one. ( The terms of the bet ) ( Although they have already been set and agreed to ). Then there is the money. ( Do you both REALLY have 10K to plunk down IN CASH ? )

IF and that is a big IF you do wind up in the truck together, I would give it less than a week before one of you calls foul. Then it really will be a pi$$ing match. ( And a fist fight in the TS parking lot ) :P

There is one other option: You BOTH can say done! Is a pi$$ing match on the a internet message board really worth the time, effort, money, loss of vacation time ...ect...?

Think about it,

Ridge
Old 02-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Quote:

Thursday 2/14/08

Deadhead to Topton, PA
Drop/Hook in Topton, PA headed for Billings, MT

Friday- Driving

Saturday 2/16/08

Deliver in Billings, MT @ 1700
The math and miles don't add up on this..... I hope that someone could explain it to me...... :roll:
Simple.....DH is 75 miles.

Loaded miles to Billings is 1908 miles.

Total of 1983 miles divided by 3 days = 661 miles per day.

661 miles per day divided by 11 hours driving per day =60.1 mph average.

And anyone that has ever run out west could easily tell you it's a piece of cake to run a 60mph average.

Hope this answers your question. As you can see that is an easy run.
Closed Thread