Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Knight Transportation Orientation ? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/32176-knight-transportation-orientation.html)

Polish Pilot 02-03-2008 03:48 AM

Knight Transportation Orientation ?

Would like some info on Knight's orienation. How long etc ?

Thank's in advance

scythe08 02-03-2008 07:19 AM

4 or 5 days, industry standard it seems

Uturn2001 02-03-2008 11:32 AM

3 to 3.5 days.

Day one, paperwork, DOT physical, work well evaluation and physical, drug tests, and road test.

Day two and three, company policies and procedures, safety, logs, and more paperwork. At the end you get assigned a truck and a load. They will try to route you through the house that first weekend if you want. Also on the last day you are assigned and get to meet and talk one on one with your dispatcher.

Lunch is served every day through orientation. You are responsible for your own breakfast and supper.

I don't know if they still do it, but when I was there, on the last day they handed out a hat and 3 t-shirts with the company logo. Yeah I know. Woo-hoo, but every other company I ever worked for you had to by anything with a company logo on it if you wanted it.

dipstick 02-03-2008 10:11 PM

Re: Knight Transportation Orientation ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polish Pilot
Would like some info on Knight's orienation. How long etc ?

Thank's in advance

And it pays a whopping $50.00.

dollarshort 02-04-2008 12:21 AM

Actually their orientation practices need a little help. It's kinda a do it yourself deal. If you have common sense you will get it.
Although I don't necessarily agree with the way it is done. And I got paid $200 when I went through it.

vick 02-04-2008 01:23 AM

whats the pay after you get your truck do they have southeast runs

Polish Pilot 02-04-2008 05:09 AM

Knight Transportation Orientation ?

Thankyou all for your input on Knights' Orientation

Uturn2001 02-04-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vick
whats the pay after you get your truck do they have southeast runs

Yes they have SE runs. You can choose to run OTR, regional, or a modified OTR (run only the regions you want).

fireman932003 02-05-2008 06:21 PM

Knight runs a little different then most companies that I have seen. When you meet your dispatcher, they will ask you where you like to run and for the most part they keep you in that area. Sometimes you will have to go outside of that area, but not very often. They only pay $50 for orientation now and you don't get the hat or T-shirts anymore. Knight pays you in one of two ways. You can get paid by the trip or by the week. The choice is yours.

dipstick 02-07-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollarshort
Actually their orientation practices need a little help. It's kinda a do it yourself deal. If you have common sense you will get it.
Although I don't necessarily agree with the way it is done. And I got paid $200 when I went through it.

.......Actually their load planning needs a little help....actually their MT's need a lot of help, actually their payroll needs a little help,actually their maintenance needs a little help, actually the Department of Labor needs to step in and end their illegal practice of not paying drivers on those so called "continuation " loads.........actually Knight sucks.