User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2008, 12:16 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

This weeks update:

Spent the whole day Sunday at Columbus yard getting B-Service+ A/C charged- doesn't look like they bothered with the brakes or tires( oh well ) as long as it rolls(right?) Brakes! We don't need any stinking Brakes!

Funny thing, my truck was last on their list #8 and as such-- my truck was last to service(just about quiting time for the Clock Milkers)... I dropped the trailer w bills in the box that morning-- and asked if Dispatch wanted to t-call it- they didn't, and at 11pm Sunday night I did not feel like starting a 14hr tour( like the good little soldier) I waited until 6am Monday to fuel and leave the yard- this would have put my best eta into Ruther Glen, Va around 3pm. At 8am I got the message the appointment was scheduled for Tuesday 8am. That's ok, I still got a good 8hours of running out of it for Monday.

Got the load off- 7am and returned to the Petro. Here I set for 5hour until noon waiting for a "load offer".

Ruther Glen, Va- Reading, Pa- Napoleon, Oh 240+ 517=757

so late tomorrow night I'll have 1945 for the week with 48 hours to go, having lost 1 day to Service(PM).

Tomorrow I will try to arrange to get a New Baltimore, OH- Greensboro,NC load.

In the hopes that Greenboro will link to Brown's Summit- West Branch, Ia-
Tracy?, Ca or some point far west. This is a gamble as getting empty in Greensboro could lead to a non productive Cove Lake, NC to Chicago(for Monday) load. Hmmm, maybe I'll keep my mouth shut and see what falls in my lap instead.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:14 AM
Senior Board Member

week#11 round-up

well as reported earlier- was setting at 1945 miles upon delivery to Nepoleon, Oh.

was first offered a Canada Load which I neither had hours to do nor wanted to do.

then got Columbus, Oh - Edwardsville, IL load dropped it this morning rounding out week#11 with an additional 149 deadhead + 406 loaded Thursday for an even final of 2500 miles for the week.

Shipper took 2 hours 45 minutes loading.

So for the week lost time:

Columbus Oh Shop- 14hours( lets say 11- since that's the total PAID time in a work day.
11 hours lost due to Oil Change
5 hours lost setting waiting for a load offer(dispatch)
.75 hours lost above the 2 hour Norm at last shipper
________
16.75 production hours stolen from me this week.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Week#12 Begins March 21st 2008

Week begins with following load offer:

Note; Empty in Edwardsville, IL 11:30 am

1) Edwardsville, IL
p/u 0321 2200-2200
Palmyra, Pa
del 0322 0001-2359
795 miles
2) Granite City, IL
p/u 0321 1200-1200
Buffalo, NY
del 0323 2300-2300
744 miles
3) Effingham, IL
p/u 0321 1600-1600
Midway, TN
del 0323 0545-0545
541 miles
Please reply to selection 1,2, or 3 of the above load offer
Old 03-24-2008, 03:12 AM
Senior Board Member

HB....saw one of your compadre's :roll: at the Pilot in Winona MS friday afternoon....was not impressed. Treated his "wife/GF" like a piece of crap...cussed out the clerk over the PA, all because "he" was reading his numbers wrong for getting fuel athorized. He kicked at the "wife/Gf" when she tried to point out what he was doing wrong. What a piece of work. :roll:

He was trying to imput his info, when I pulled onto the island beside him...I imput my info..filled my tanks(180 gallons)...pulled off the island...went into the store and got my fuel slip..used the facilities and got a diet dew.....all before he got his fuel running.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:55 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
HB....saw one of your compadre's :roll: at the Pilot in Winona MS friday afternoon....was not impressed. Treated his "wife/GF" like a piece of crap...cussed out the clerk over the PA, all because "he" was reading his numbers wrong for getting fuel athorized. He kicked at the "wife/Gf" when she tried to point out what he was doing wrong. What a piece of work. :roll:

He was trying to imput his info, when I pulled onto the island beside him...I imput my info..filled my tanks(180 gallons)...pulled off the island...went into the store and got my fuel slip..used the facilities and got a diet dew.....all before he got his fuel running.

Doubt he was a compadre
Old 03-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rons247
Quote:

Doubt he was a compadre
The dirtbag was in a Schaffer tractor pulling a Sunflower reefer...he is a "Schaffer" compadre, for better or worse.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rons247
Quote:

Doubt he was a compadre
The dirtbag was in a Schaffer tractor pulling a Sunflower reefer...he is a "Schaffer" compadre, for better or worse.
I think the point was- just because you run into a A-HOLE in life( And I could come on here and find one working for just about every company on the board here every day- and go to those( and Your) threads- and ASSOCIATE then with someone( including YOURSELF) and it probably wouldn't mean a damn anyway. There's ass holes working for every company out here. I don't believe any single company can truely claim to have the Best Human beings on the planet( reguardless of how much Bible Thumping the Company does) Ironically, here's a little joke I just got:

The
Pastor's Ass

The pastor entered his donkey in a race and it won.

The pastor was so pleased with the donkey that he entered it in the race again, and it won again.

The local paper read:

PASTOR'S
ASS OUT FRONT.

The Bishop was so upset with this kind of
publicity that he ordered the pastor not to enter the donkey in another race.

The next day, the local paper headline
read:

BISHOP
SCRATCHES
PASTOR'S
ASS.

This was too much for the bishop, so he ordered the pastor to get
rid of the donkey.

The pastor decided to give it to a nun in a nearby convent.

The local paper, hearing of the news, posted the following headline
the next day:

NUN HAS BEST ASS IN TOWN.

The bishop fainted.

He informed the nun that she would have to get rid of the donkey, so
she sold it to a farmer for $10.

The next day the paper read:

NUN
SELLS ASS FOR $10.

This was too much for the bishop, so he ordered the nun to buy back
the donkey and lead it to the plains where it could run wild.

The next day the headlines read:

NUN ANNOUNCES HER ASS IS WILD AND FREE.

The bishop was buried the next day.

The moral of the story is . . . being concerned about public opinion
can bring you much grief and misery .. even shorten your life.

So be yourself and enjoy life.

Stop worrying about everyone else's ass and you'll be a lot happier
and live longer!

Have a nice day!
Old 03-25-2008, 02:24 AM
Board Regular

Not sure what the joke had to do with the post, but I liked it

I agree with your sentiment, but you know that if this guy orangetx saw is someone's first experience with a Shaffer driver, it's going to screw it up for the rest of us.

Did you ever get out of the Easter logjam? We picked up some Milky Ways in Elizabethtown heading towards Georgia. We're in New Kingston tonight.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh

I agree with your sentiment, but you know that if this guy orangetx saw is someone's first experience with a Shaffer driver, it's going to screw it up for the rest of us.
Did you ever get out of the Easter logjam? We picked up some Milky Ways in Elizabethtown heading towards Georgia. We're in New Kingston tonight.
Basicly...that is my point. I wasn't the only person who saw the dirtbag's antics. Seldom do I see a "fellow driver"..in any truck, treat a woman the way this guy treated "his". 20 years ago I would have gone over and kicked him in the ass the same way he kicked at the woman...but doing such is no longer "PC" and would get my ass thrown in jail...unlike 20 years ago.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh

I don't know...considering I just set from 5pm Sat until 10 am Monday- with 20 empty Shaffer trucks ahead of me for FREIGHT that wasn't AVAILABLE- and now am Setting in Milton, VT 450 miles up the highway for 6am Tuesday
morning and being told-- I may be setting again UP HERE because of no freight.
Maybe, OrangeTex is doing me/us a favor ---scaring off possible new comers. There's already too many trucks chasing too little freight here at
Shaffer.
Guess it's a good thing for your Trainer and You that trainers get first pick?- actually the dedicated drivers I think are 1st-- but it's always good to be important.