User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 01:45 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMack
I was talking to an Fed-Ex freight driver about Superior Carriers, he told me he thinks that they are Union? Is that true?
For the most part....no, but we do have one terminal that has "Teamster" drivers.... 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:15 AM
Board Regular

Would some of you please go out and buy houses so Sherwin Williams will start shipping out of Baltimore again. I can't get out of here into the system!!! :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 10-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Senior Board Member

All of Miller Transporters "Company" drivers are Teamster. None of us O/O's are. :shock:
Old 10-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
All of Miller Transporters "Company" drivers are Teamster. None of us O/O's are. :shock:
Hmmm, I talked to one of the guys who runs out of their Alabama terminal down by Mobile....he said he wasn't a Teamster....but then AL is a weird place and even the UPS drivers aren't Teamsters....or at least thats how it used to be. Not sure now, but thats how it was a few years ago.....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

Old 10-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Board Regular

This week is sucking. I have to go to Kingsport on Sunday night to start class on Mon morning. This has caused me to loose a very good load for the week.I have had to work local this week because they wanted to make sure I would make it to Kingsport on time.

Have I mentioned I hate local work? When you are running a load with two days travel time loosing an hour or two along the way to some type of loading problem or having to wait for someone else to unload to get your turn is no big deal. When you are local and these things happen it kills your whole day. The positive to this is if the load is under 75 miles one way its hourly.

I had to load this morning at 8am. The place to load is only about seven or eight miles from the terminal and usually it takes about 30 minutes there max. Today while I was loading their tank ran dry. This meant they had to change tanks (this involves valve changes, paperwork etc.)which cost me about an hour. Then the traffic was terrible on the way to the consignee. Once I got there there was another guy there who had just hooked up so I lost another hour and a half while he unloaded. Pretty much a perfect storm.

I console myself with the knowledge that I will be able to go into the system for good after I finish orientation. I also take consolation in the fact that I made 227.00 for the ten and a half hours I worked today while waiting for a new certificate of analysis, sitting in traffic, and waiting for the other guy to unload. :wink:
Old 10-12-2007, 12:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Let me get this right....you made $227.00 for a ten hour stint.....and you are looking for "sympathy".... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 10-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Board Regular

I just sent in my online application. I just started at a Sage school this week. I have read many threads here and elsewhere and had decided to start out in Tanker work. The owner of the school put a damper on that initially talking about how dangerous it was. I was surprised to see Superior recruiting information on the table in the classroom. I went in today to talk to the school owner about applying with them and she called the terminal manager. He is going to come out to the school to do my interview next week. I am in Winston Salem NC and will probably work out of the Aurora NC facility if they hire me.

Thanks to all of you for the good information.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Let me get this right....you made $227.00 for a ten hour stint.....and you are looking for "sympathy".... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
10.5 hours X 14.95 = 156.98
loading (two loads) = 40.00
unloading one load = 20.00
pre and post trip = 7.50
drop trailer = 10.00
pick trailer =10.00

total 244.48

Forgot about the preload I did after the first load.

No actually I am complaining about making 244.48 in a ten hour day. Man this job sucks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsyrob
I just sent in my online application. I just started at a Sage school this week. I have read many threads here and elsewhere and had decided to start out in Tanker work. The owner of the school put a damper on that initially talking about how dangerous it was. I was surprised to see Superior recruiting information on the table in the classroom. I went in today to talk to the school owner about applying with them and she called the terminal manager. He is going to come out to the school to do my interview next week. I am in Winston Salem NC and will probably work out of the Aurora NC facility if they hire me.

Thanks to all of you for the good information.
Please choose one of these nice people who have given you that information and give them a referral when you apply.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:02 AM
Board Regular

[quote="mudpuddle
Please choose one of these nice people who have given you that information and give them a referral when you apply.[/quote]

Gladly PM me your name and I will. I don't remember seeing a place for it on the application but I can give it to the terminal manager when I meet with him.