User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Now if you're talking about a mouthful of spit..... darned if I know. 8)
Me either,but I do know how hard it is to get frozen off the side of a car 8)

Old 10-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Now if you're talking about a mouthful of spit..... darned if I know. 8)
Me either,but I do know how hard it is to get frozen off the side of a car 8)
Great...now I gotta clean my laptop screen and keyboard again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:07 PM

Again...Thank you...I would go for the JAX terminal as it is closer. I figured I would ride to either place to get to the truck. Not a big deal. If I was an O/O i would still leave my truck there just for the fuel mileage. Who do you recommend I talk to at Superior? Should I mention who referred me?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris M
Again...Thank you...I would go for the JAX terminal as it is closer. I figured I would ride to either place to get to the truck. Not a big deal. If I was an O/O i would still leave my truck there just for the fuel mileage. Who do you recommend I talk to at Superior? Should I mention who referred me?
Chris... I sent you a PM, hopefully it will get there.... 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

Old 10-03-2007, 10:36 AM

I got it and sent you one back. I'm going to submit an application online today.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris M
I got it and sent you one back. I'm going to submit an application online today.
Good deal!! I sent you back "another" PM.... 8)

Old 10-05-2007, 02:08 AM
Board Regular

I am in Mt. Vernon IL on the return leg of my OK trip for the week. I picked up the empty container on Mon morning as planned and started out towards OK. I made it about fifty miles and started to smoke a trailer brake. The s-cam bushings were dry and the brakes were getting tighter every time I used them. I limped to a shop and long story short they couldn't be fixed. We caged the offending brake and I snuk back to the Baltimore shop to fix the problem (I will never admit to this under oath).

It took until Tue noon to get the trailer legal and for me to get on my way. I will get paid for the two and a half hours at the shop and for the two hundred extra miles and I got to spend Mon night at home so it all came out just fine. I have been running 11-10, 11-10 for the last three days so I basically will only loose about ten or twelve hours for the trip. I normally run my ten or eleven each day and then lounge around until the same starting each day but I really want to get home tomorrow night or early Sat morning to enjoy my weekend at home.

I have to go to Kingsport for training starting the fifteenth. Do any of you Superior Carriers veterans have any suggestions for things I should bring with me for the week besides whats left of my brain? Are there any good restaurants or things to do close to the training site? I will be driving down because I can't stand to not have my wheels for a week, so I can drive to whatever is reasonably close.

I will NOT be able to stay in this truck for long. I must get my truck sooner than I was planning. These truck are nice enough but they have zero power. I cannot remember the last time I had trouble pulling a five percent grade with an EMPTY trailer. This is also the first time I have driven a truck with a governor. Much of the hill pulling problems are caused by that infernal governor. I will hate giving up the pay for everything nature of the company job though. As an owner operator I will have the same pay as all the tank companies offer (62-63% plus surcharge and detention) but there is something nice about knowing for this trip I will get paid for
1. four nights in bunk.
2. five pre-trips and five post- trips.
3. a hook and a drop and hook.
4. 2.5 hrs detention for trailer repair
5. and the miles for the trip plus the out of route miles for the repairs.
My accountant is going to kill me but I will never make it until the first of the year.

Chris M I believe the average per mile for all miles with Superior should be around 1.40-1.50. It is going to depend on the freight in the specific terminal you are working for and how good the freight is going into the system. Some of the local O/O's do very well but you and I are in the same boat of living too far from the terminal to make commuting daily impossible.

See you all later
Old 10-05-2007, 10:40 AM

No commuting for me LOL! JAX is ~150 miles and Savannah is ~190. I can go there and come back once a week or so and still be about the same as commuting 5 days now.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuddle
I have to go to Kingsport for training starting the fifteenth. Do any of you Superior Carriers veterans have any suggestions for things I should bring with me for the week besides whats left of my brain?
Try to find out if you are staying at the "extended stay" place, or at a motel. If you are staying at the extended stay place, its very nice, being a 1 bedroom apartment fully outfitted...kitchen included and wi-fi to boot. And no doubling up....unless your wife goes with you, and they actually like for your wife to come with you.

Quote:
Are there any good restaurants or things to do close to the training site? I will be driving down because I can't stand to not have my wheels for a week, so I can drive to whatever is reasonably close.
There are tons of restaurants in close proximity to the motel and the ext stay place. Trust me....there is NO shortage of places to eat.

Quote:
I will NOT be able to stay in this truck for long. I must get my truck sooner than I was planning. These truck are nice enough but they have zero power. I cannot remember the last time I had trouble pulling a five percent grade with an EMPTY trailer. This is also the first time I have driven a truck with a governor. Much of the hill pulling problems are caused by that infernal governor. I will hate giving up the pay for everything nature of the company job though. As an owner operator I will have the same pay as all the tank companies offer (62-63% plus surcharge and detention) but there is something nice about knowing for this trip I will get paid for
1. four nights in bunk.
2. five pre-trips and five post- trips.
3. a hook and a drop and hook.
4. 2.5 hrs detention for trailer repair
5. and the miles for the trip plus the out of route miles for the repairs.
My accountant is going to kill me but I will never make it until the first of the year.
Aww, you just wanna be a "chicken-haulin' tanka yanka"!!! :lol: But I know what you mean....they aren't the biggest engines on the planet. But I console myself with the paycheck 8)

Quote:
Chris M I believe the average per mile for all miles with Superior should be around 1.40-1.50. It is going to depend on the freight in the specific terminal you are working for and how good the freight is going into the system. Some of the local O/O's do very well but you and I are in the same boat of living too far from the terminal to make commuting daily impossible.
I'll put it this way..... I've talked to a number of our O/O's....and none of them has any complaints... About anything.

Quote:
See you all later
Looking forward to meeting you soon!!

Old 10-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Rookie

I was talking to an Fed-Ex freight driver about Superior Carriers, he told me he thinks that they are Union? Is that true?