User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

well we do and my wife only makes between 350 to 400 a week. we have worked hard and saved money to get were we are (our cars are older 99 taho and a 02 silv.)my whole point i want to make is the people on this thread should help the young guy out who wants to better them selves and not belittle them so hard (you get told enough your worhtless and you start to beleive it) then guess were there at AGIAN!!!like i said any one who wants to meet a felon who can cook a mean steak outdoors is more than welcome at my home.(i know your asking for some looney toon to take me up on it) but my two dobes can take care of my light work for me LOL.i just dont want the young kid out there to think they are worthless it is a pretty sh$tty feeling were all HUMAN
Old 08-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman63
well we do and my wife only makes between 350 to 400 a week. we have worked hard and saved money to get were we are (our cars are older 99 taho and a 02 silv.)my whole point i want to make is the people on this thread should help the young guy out who wants to better them selves and not belittle them so hard (you get told enough your worhtless and you start to beleive it) then guess were there at AGIAN!!!like i said any one who wants to meet a felon who can cook a mean steak outdoors is more than welcome at my home.(i know your asking for some looney toon to take me up on it) but my two dobes can take care of my light work for me LOL.i just dont want the young kid out there to think they are worthless it is a pretty sh$tty feeling were all HUMAN
Well, I think one of the things that got people pissed off on this thread was the fact that the person was not taking responsibilty for their actions. She was making it sound like she was a "victim" of her upbringing and not her fault. It was a cavalier attitude.

While all felons are not "scum." The vast majority are not the most ideal citizens and often don't change their lifestyles.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Rookie

i nkow what your saying but us as a trucking community could say hey we gave them a positive out look maybe just maybe somthing will click and for me if it clicks in one in a thousand i feel better about my self that i did try to help some one (not make them feel like sh&t) i was the same way when i was in my 20s always societys falt but then some one did take the time (guess what it clicked) so i just try to pay it forward when i can
Old 08-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Default WOW!!

I tried my best not to respond to all of this, but find I can not.

I 100% get that nobody, but nobody should be using drugs, but I don't frankly get the attitude of some of you out there regarding past (WAY past) issues with former use. Some of you frankly may have done a thing or two over your lifetimes...I find it hard to believe that a lot of you responders are "lily white" in all of this!

No doubt about the fact that this poster sounds like she's straight full of @#*@ :roll:. Where I have a problem is that there are so many factors that make someone a dangerous driver...just look to all the numerous injuries and casualties as a result of tractor trailer drivers. Recently a driver in Indiana was not paying attention to the road construction around him, didn't stop in time - killed two and injured four. Drivers roll their trucks MOST OFTEN due to speeding and innocent people are often hurt or die. I could research many other cases but don't have to because you know I'm speaking the truth. Drivers with DUIs - especially priors - scare me more because either in a POV or truck, they show a history of very poor decision-making in reference to alcohol and driving and often continue to be in denial about their drinking; bottom line here, over 40% of automobile fatalities are alcohol related.

You're wrong that a company would be held liable for injury and accidents due to someone's OLD criminal history, it would have to be proven that the current issues were related. There comes a time when the past should be the past... 10 years is a lengthy enough time if someone has proven they live a very different lifestyle today and have the references and history to prove it - for those doing the right thing, that shouldn't be hard! I work with individuals in recovery for substance dependence and they are often the most honest, hard-working individuals I know as they know they have to take ownership of their past and prove themselves.

Lots of companies look past this history if enough time has passed, regardless if it was drug-related. Others absolutely wont tolerate previous convictions if they're drug-related, no ifs, ands or buts. Bottom line, that decision-making is more relevant to the belief systems of those in authority at the company, not just insurance companies...

By the way smyli, last I knew, CRST did NOT accept any sales-related drug charges EVER!! You make it after a history of legal trouble by working your A@# off and staying on the right path! Best of luck!
Old 08-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Senior Board Member

You want a serious answer? Well, here it is.

Get out of Florida. Nothing but trucking companies their, so your choices are limited. You might want to move to Texas. You going to have to get with a local outfit here either in Houston or Auston, or if you come north of their to Dallas, I know of a couple of places that will hire you both.

Now understand, your NOT going to make top pay. But at least you will be working.

Good luck.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 08-27-2007, 06:32 PM

There's lots of companies that hire ex- felons. I'm an x felon and have never had any problem finding work. It does depend on how long ago it's been though. Mine was back in 1991 for sale and possesion...good luck..Oh by the way dont let these hipocritical people on here, bum you out most of them are rednecks.....
Old 08-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztrucker
There's lots of companies that hire ex- felons. I'm an x felon and have never had any problem finding work. It does depend on how long ago it's been though. Mine was back in 1991 for sale and possesion...good luck..Oh by the way dont let these hipocritical people on here, bum you out most of them are rednecks.....
Proud to be a RedNeck.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 08-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Board Regular

"Redneck" ??? LOL! At least we can still vote and own firearms legally. And, we NEVER have to check that little box that says "Have you ever been convicted of a crime ?" Sorry kids, but leopards don't change their spots. It's called "recidivism"....Oh and good luck getting your TSA hazmat endorsment. Have fun on those dirt bottoms..................Se Habla Espanol ??
Old 08-29-2007, 09:40 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
You're wrong that a company would be held liable for injury and accidents due to someone's OLD criminal history, it would have to be proven that the current issues were related.
Hate to say it, but you're dead wrong there. :roll:

Old 09-01-2007, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Hate to say it, but you're dead wrong there. :roll:
Okay, please explain to me that if say, a person had a drug-related criminal history from 10 years ago and is involved in an incident that DOESN'T have ANYTHING to do with current or any sort of recent use, how the heck is the company liable?

I'm not asking for a recruiter, DM or other such personnel's viewpoint - but the LAW!!!!!

Again, a lot of what's explained as insurance issues is actually a lot to do with the particular viewpoints of company higher ups - owners of course included.