Ryder 9 64.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2007, 05:26 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Please get this poster off the site....I can't believe someone would post such a horrible picture. Where are the moderators?!!!!! please remove his post and picture ASAP!!!!!

-Watcher
Old 06-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwilley66
YEAH WELL THEY BANNED ME FOR NO REASON ... SO TOUGH SH!t I'M NOT GONNA STOP
Maybe it had to do with your immature attitude? Just a guess.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Board Regular

The PPG account isn't one of JB's better dedicated accounts , there always looking for drivers in that account . If your going with JB , hold out until an auto parts run becomes available , if not , forget it .
Old 06-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619
Hehehe.....

You know, I called on a site that was posted on this board over the weekend. Some claimed it was JB Hunt. Nothing on the site had JB Hunt logo on it.

Got called back eariler today (monday). Great job was offered. It would have been a dedicated account, with me home every weekend. Pay sounded good, great bennies.....

Sound to good to be true. So I'm thinking, "Great, where do I sign up?"

Then he told that I would be working for JB Hunt, and did I have......

Hung up on him there.

Makes you want to go HMMMMMMMMMM........ :wink:

Companies who are straight with you upfront don't have to have sites like these....Here is the posting in case your wondering...go check it out for yourself.
:wink:

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...377&highlight=
Cluggy, I know who owns that site, he is a recruiter here. Many of us pay out of our own pocket for recruiting websites and we are not allowed to use JB hunt logos or anything of the sort on our sites. My website is the exact same way. The funny thing is the guy who owns that is our top recruiter, and is a very honest guy (just like me :wink: ) He was absolutely telling you the truth about that job. Like you said, It sounded like a great job, then you found out it was JB and hung up. You sure showed him....not. basically he laughed, hung up and put the next guy he talked to on that great job. Another thing to think about. More than likely our recruiting dept is going to start recruiting for other companies that dont compete with us. Class B jobs, Tanker jobs, Local dump jobs...ect. Like us JB recruiters or not, we are the most successful recruiting dept in the industry and other companies have been asking us to recruit for them for a long time. So that is something to think about before you hang up on us.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth
The PPG account isn't one of JB's better dedicated accounts , there always looking for drivers in that account . If your going with JB , hold out until an auto parts run becomes available , if not , forget it .
I would disagree. As a recruiter I always judge jobs by keeping in touch with the drivers I put on it. The vast majority of drivers Ive put on PPG over the years have been really happy with it. Yes, its more of an OTR job. Running all over the place. However its almost all drop and hook, the miles are consistant, and you will always get home for 72 hours every other weekend. (Its great for divorced dads who have their kids every other weekend)
Yes, the auto parts runs are good runs if you are talking about being easy. Home a few times during the week and off for a day and a half over the weekend. Always running to the same place. Funny thing about those auto parts runs. They are probably the easiest jobs for me to fill as a recruiter. They are also the lowest paying jobs I have in the company. Usually about 38-40k a year. Go figure. But hey, if I have a driver set on PPG and the auto parts job opens up, I would be happy to move him. The auto parts job pays me a better commission. However, if you havent noticed, I like being honest about jobs on this board and HONESTLY, the PPG job is a better job when you are talking about making more money.
Also the auto parts jobs are pretty hard to get on. When they open, they fill fast. Usually if I talk to a driver on like a thursday and he cant get into orientation by that monday, most likely he is going to be SOL. They absolutely dont like empty trucks sitting there on the auto parts runs. They are going to fill those jobs fast any way they can. The auto parts runs are much easier to get on from inside the company.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
Please get this poster off the site....I can't believe someone would post such a horrible picture. Where are the moderators?!!!!! please remove his post and picture ASAP!!!!!

-Watcher
What pic are you referring to?

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 06-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Cluggy, I know who owns that site, he is a recruiter here. Many of us pay out of our own pocket for recruiting websites and we are not allowed to use JB hunt logos or anything of the sort on our sites. My website is the exact same way. The funny thing is the guy who owns that is our top recruiter, and is a very honest guy (just like me :wink: ) He was absolutely telling you the truth about that job. Like you said, It sounded like a great job, then you found out it was JB and hung up. You sure showed him....not. basically he laughed, hung up and put the next guy he talked to on that great job. Another thing to think about. More than likely our recruiting dept is going to start recruiting for other companies that dont compete with us. Class B jobs, Tanker jobs, Local dump jobs...ect. Like us JB recruiters or not, we are the most successful recruiting dept in the industry and other companies have been asking us to recruit for them for a long time. So that is something to think about before you hang up on us.
wow...I'm impressed. Nothing like sharing my resume around the room. Since you are all there, you can considered this my "do not call" notice. And while your at it, don't send me any mail either.

As far as paying for your own site...I guess it counts like I would pay for my own gloves. Something you do with your job to make it easier. It still is tricking drivers to call or apply who wouldn't have done so if they saw JB anywheres on the site. That's my point.

'

Old 06-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Your evil pic, Cluggy....lol
Old 06-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Your do not call notice? So Im assuming your real name is Cluggy and your phone will be listed as such? I promise if I get a truck drivers name called Cluggy, I wont call. Other that that if I get an app or a phone number, I can assure you that I will call. On second thought, I probably would call the Cluggy number. Not because I think I could hire you. But because it would be really really funny. You crack me up sometimes.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoutlaw
Your evil pic, Cluggy....lol
hehehe...nothing evil about him.

'