Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
So now you think Im parading drivers out here that do well just to make us look good?
Yes, I do.

Quote:
And you really think only 10% or 1 out of 10 are doing well over here?
Again, yes, I do.

Quote:
I will say this again cluggy, You brag that you made 35 grand last year. If ANY driver I hired made that little for ANY job I have over here, dedicated, local or whatever, I would probably tell him to find something else, it wasnt working out for him. I have part time dedicated yard jocky jobs that pay around that.

No, I bragged that I made 31,032.50 in the last seven months of last year, just driving a tanker for Southwest. I made around $60,000 + for the whole year, including sales of land lots and other thing I have aqquired. You really should read my posts before you make stupid statements referring to my income.

Quote:
Quote:
Second. Sheepdancer. About the only thing you said that makes any sence at all is the quote from Wall Street. However, if some truely make any money referring recruites to you, than good. I have no problem with that as long as they make their share. Let me repeat that. AS LONG AS THEY MAKE THEIR SHARE!!!
Who the hell cares if you do or dont have a problem with any way I recruit drivers? wasnt speaking to you.
I care. Even if no-one else does, I care. We have been going at it for over a year now, and i want people to see what i have seen in that past year. Now some people think of you in a nice way. I do not, because I see what you truely think of drivers. That is why you named yourself "Sheepdancer", because you consider yourself dancing around the truth with a flock of "sheep". Unless you really like the sheep....poor sheep.. And yes, i care about them as well.

And to those driver who let you, remember this line. You can shear a sheep a thousand times, but you can only skin it once.

Later.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 06-09-2007, 02:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Give it a rest Cluggy. Everytime someone posts about JB you are all over it like a fly on :dung: . It's getting real tiresome and you just won't give it a rest. Everyone knows that you were dissatisfied working there, why can't you just leave it at that? Your credability is on the line.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 06-09-2007, 03:52 PM

sheepdancer you have a lot of patience to keep engaging cluggy. Personally, he seems like a flamer to me.

I am still undecided about JB. I am set for Averitt, but need to call them Monday to clarify pay. Averitt told be $0.37 over the phone, but everything I see online is $0.33 to start and $0.37 after a year.

To the contrary, everything JB told me about PPG is in writing (somewhere!). Plus the JB Niles, OH terminal is 40-miles closer than Averitt.

If cluggy isn't a "flamer", then he is a habitual complainer. If the latter, we all know and despise that type of co-worker. Probably was a cholic child and hasn't had a good day since

Quote:
So now you think Im parading drivers out here that do well just to make us look good?
And you really think only 10% or 1 out of 10 are doing well over here? I will say this again cluggy, You brag that you made 35 grand last year. If ANY driver I hired made that little for ANY job I have over here, dedicated, local or whatever, I would probably tell him to find something else, it wasnt working out for him. I have part time dedicated yard jocky jobs that pay around that.
Quote:
Second. Sheepdancer. About the only thing you said that makes any sence at all is the quote from Wall Street. However, if some truely make any money referring recruites to you, than good. I have no problem with that as long as they make their share. Let me repeat that. AS LONG AS THEY MAKE THEIR SHARE!!!
Who the hell cares if you do or dont have a problem with any way I recruit drivers? wasnt speaking to you.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKYROAD
I am still undecided about JB. I am set for Averitt, but need to call them Monday to clarify pay. Averitt told be $0.37 over the phone, but everything I see online is $0.33 to start and $0.37 after a year.
RockyRoad,

I started off with Averitt Express right out of school. My training there was a nice guy and everything, but he didn't let me back up much, and I basically had to figure that out after I went solo. It's a bit different when your by yourself then at school...real world stuff, you know?

Anyway, when I went solo I May of last year, ran me between 900-1850 miles per week! After taxes and insurance for the family, I ended up bringing home 3-350 home to my wife and 3 kids...believe me that doesn't last long as I'm sure you're aware. I had to leave them, of course. And not only that, they have a "point system" that figures out your safty bonuses. Right out of orientation, you start off with 8, if you're a newby and haven't been trained very well...they don't last long, especially if your an honest guy like I am. I took responsibility for what ever mistake I did, and it bit me in the but at the end (I suppose?)

After you loose 1 safety point, your DM is supposed to let you know in order to route you up to Cookville, TN to take a class so you can gain those points back. However, my nit-wit of a DM didn't get back to me till it was too late for me, and I didn't even know I'd exhausted all my points. I contacted him about it 2-3 times a week if not more, I kept waiting for the Quallcom to direct me to Cookville, but it never happened. My truck broke down (it happened many times by the way) I happened to be in Nashville, TN when it happened and they have a big terminal there, so I took it in so I wouldn't have any problems on the way home back to Texas. That's when I was finally able to get a hold of a "higher-up" and he helped me discover I was actually out of points. After finally getting a hold of my DM
(David Gurley) about it, I appologized and said I was supposed to clean out my truck once I got back to Tyler, TX terminal (mind you I was still in Nashville at the time).

Needless to say, the trip home was depressing especially when I had to face my wife about the news. That meant no more insurance effective immediately and they kept my last check was nothing because of the taxes, insurance and cover the remaining balance on the uniforms we have to pay for. (and yes I still have them...what am I going to do with Averitt shirts?)

I don't mean to "dis" them or anything, I just had a bad experience with them and I tried my best to keep them happy. I take full responsibility for what ever I did wrong. On the other hand, I do wish my trainer would have told me stuff like we were able to call the customer if we were going to make it early... and ask them for directions and simple things like that. I was told we weren't to contact the customer at all while I was in training.
(I guess it was just a newby mistake?)

Anyway, the point is, I would look for another company if I were you. Especially if you plan on bringing your truck home, they require you to leave it at their yard except with "special permission" and you can't bring it home more than once a month to clean it out if it gets that bad. Also, you are responsible for $300 worth of uniforms. Now that I know better, I don't think I'd go with an LTL/OTR/Regional company that had a problem with you bringing home your truck home.

I've talked with other drivers with the same problem, older ones don't seem to get many miles, and have also chatted with a few that didn't exactly follow the DOT logbook rules... and it seemed to me, their DMs could care less, as long as they didn't get caught.

Sorry for spoiling any hopes you had about this company, but at least I got home every weekend for 36hours.

-Watcher
Old 06-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Give it a rest Cluggy. Everytime someone posts about JB you are all over it like a fly on :dung: . It's getting real tiresome and you just won't give it a rest. Everyone knows that you were dissatisfied working there, why can't you just leave it at that? Your credability is on the line.
You know what? I agree. I've said enough. Everybody, excepts the fakes, know how I feel about them. From now on, no more post about JB Hunt or Sheepdancer.

Find out for yourself.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'